• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry and ice fishing

oliverclotheshoff

i am looking for info on ice fishing

since you are no longer on land and water ways can not be owned is it ok to leave your firearm in the holster and not put it back in the case while moving from spot to spot say in a vehicle or 4 wheeler or snowmobile or do you have to follow the law as is if you were on land

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
i am looking for info on ice fishing

since you are no longer on land and water ways can not be owned is it ok to leave your firearm in the holster and not put it back in the case while moving from spot to spot say in a vehicle or 4 wheeler or snowmobile or do you have to follow the law as is if you were on land

Wisconsin Stat. 167.31 Does not appear to make any exceptions for where the vehicle is located. Only that it is defined as a "vehicle" by WSS 340.01

nevinsb

I know you can not have a firearm out of the case while in a moving boat for hunting.

Russf

I know you can not have a firearm out of the case while in a moving boat for hunting.

Yes you can have a gun out of its case while hunting in a boat while it is moving. It has to be unloaded but it can be uncased. Example= Duck hunting, if you shoot a bird and it does not die you can (must pursue the wounded bird). you must stop the motor, load your gun, and shoot.