View Poll Results: What's your primary OC rig with winter clothing?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shoulder holster outside of coat

0 0%
  • Belt and holster outside of coat

0 0%
  • Holster on waist, coat tucked behind gun

7 31.82%
  • Holster offset below waist level, below coat

3 13.64%
  • Thigh holster

4 18.18%
  • Other

0 0%
  • I don't OC with winter clothing

8 36.36%

Thread: What's your OC rig with winter clothing?

What's your OC rig with winter clothing?

Give new people an idea of their options!
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

For both of the guns I OC as primary I have police drop holsters.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Question

Is a "police drop" holster similar to a "tactical" or "leg drop thigh rig"? Just trying to get my terminology correct

Banned
    Drop leg year round.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    Is a "police drop" holster similar to a "tactical" or "leg drop thigh rig"? Just trying to get my terminology correct
    This is an example of a police drop.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...146#vi-content
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

I have a nice winter jacket for work that has a strap that buckles under the holster so that your jacket does not get caught over the gun. I bet they make something like that without all the badges and stuff on it.

I tend to just carry in my high riding HiNoon holster or my shoulder holster. The shoulder rig is great when driving but people tend to get freaked when I take off my coat and that big hole is pointing out from under my arm,,,hehehehehe
    Only two have offered their lives for you. A Soldier and Jesus....

Banned
    yeah, I get that from the thigh rig when sitting down.

Looks like about half of us are fair weather friends.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 12-02-2010 at 03:39 PM.

I decided not to change anything at all for winter and keep the gun where it always is since finding the gun under stress is more important than worrying about changing things just to OC.

So I bought a waist length lined jacket (Carhart so it is warm) that fits behind the holster/gun carried on my belt on my hip where I always carry it. That allows me to stay warm and OC with my gun in the same place it always is.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    nope its a holster that may sit a little lower and is extended out away from the body a little so a jacket can sit behind the gun witout going over it.

my winter set up is a safariland 6377 with a 2 inch drop adjuster. it sets the grip of my weapon even with where my hand naturally rests. its a very stable system.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I decided not to change anything at all for winter and keep the gun where it always is since finding the gun under stress is more important than worrying about changing things just to OC.

So I bought a waist length lined jacket (Carhart so it is warm) that fits behind the holster/gun carried on my belt on my hip where I always carry it. That allows me to stay warm and OC with my gun in the same place it always is.
    Yeah, like Bikenut I just tuck my jacket behind the holster on my belt. Keep it simple, stupid.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." - President George Washington

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." - Thomas Paine

I use the same holster year round, I just start wearing long sleeves instead of short sleeves, no coat unless it necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Same here. I end up CCing most of the time during jacket weather unless I'm somewhere long enough for the jacket to come off.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine