• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's your OC rig with winter clothing?

What's your primary OC rig with winter clothing?

• Shoulder holster outside of coat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Belt and holster outside of coat

• Holster on waist, coat tucked behind gun

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Holster offset below waist level, below coat

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Thigh holster

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other

• I don't OC with winter clothing

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

jeremy05

I have a nice winter jacket for work that has a strap that buckles under the holster so that your jacket does not get caught over the gun. I bet they make something like that without all the badges and stuff on it.

SlowDog

I tend to just carry in my high riding HiNoon holster or my shoulder holster. The shoulder rig is great when driving but people tend to get freaked when I take off my coat and that big hole is pointing out from under my arm,,,hehehehehe

B

Bikenut

I decided not to change anything at all for winter and keep the gun where it always is since finding the gun under stress is more important than worrying about changing things just to OC.

So I bought a waist length lined jacket (Carhart so it is warm) that fits behind the holster/gun carried on my belt on my hip where I always carry it. That allows me to stay warm and OC with my gun in the same place it always is.

NHCGRPR45

Is a "police drop" holster similar to a "tactical" or "leg drop thigh rig"? Just trying to get my terminology correct ;)

nope its a holster that may sit a little lower and is extended out away from the body a little so a jacket can sit behind the gun witout going over it.

my winter set up is a safariland 6377 with a 2 inch drop adjuster. it sets the grip of my weapon even with where my hand naturally rests. its a very stable system.

cmdr_iceman71

I decided not to change anything at all for winter and keep the gun where it always is since finding the gun under stress is more important than worrying about changing things just to OC.

So I bought a waist length lined jacket (Carhart so it is warm) that fits behind the holster/gun carried on my belt on my hip where I always carry it. That allows me to stay warm and OC with my gun in the same place it always is.

Yeah, like Bikenut I just tuck my jacket behind the holster on my belt. Keep it simple, stupid.

Bronson

Same here. I end up CCing most of the time during jacket weather unless I'm somewhere long enough for the jacket to come off.

Bronson