• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WTF is wrong with Orange County

hgreen

Just like to add that OCing does not imply you will have police encounters, much less negative police encounters.

Out of ALL the events that have been VERY public that SBOC has held, only ONCE has anyone ever been e-checked at one of our events, and only about 3 times have police even been present, despite them being notified of our presence and fully aware of the situation.

So I'd like to say to people concerned about their privacy and avoiding negative interactions to stop hiding behind "what-ifs" and get out there and support a right that is on the verge of disappearing in this state. I have a a very sensitive work position/career but I know that what I'm doing by standing up for our rights is all within the law. I just keep work at work and OC with OC.

To someone who does not go out and OC regularly, reading the posts on this forum make it seem like every time a police officer is called something negative happens. But the fact is that most people rarely post the "non-event" open carry situations so what you see online is not representative of reality when it comes to number of negative LEO encounters / OC experience.

I open carry EVERY DAY in Los Angeles County in extremely urban areas (liberal beach cities no less) and have only been e-checked once. I think that is a testament to the work all open carry groups have done in educating the public about their rights and that OC is legal so people don't freak out even if they don't like it.

Where would we be if all gun owners just kept their shotguns hidden in their trunk and stayed out of the public eye? We'd probably have no more gun stores, we'd have complete bans on all ammo, and no shooting ranges, not to mention no CCW or OC.

I only hope that those that choose to stay out of the light and avoid doing the dirty footwork support others who do stand up for their rights on behalf of everyone financially or otherwise.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
To someone who does not go out and OC regularly, reading the posts on this forum make it seem like every time a police officer is called something negative happens. But the fact is that most people rarely post the "non-event" open carry situations so what you see online is not representative of reality when it comes to number of negative LEO encounters / OC experience.

This is why I have made an effort to post 'boring' open carry activity. This problem of people believing that OC would result in negative police encounters every time it is attempted is diffused when you include anecdotes of non-event carry. In four years of primarily solo OC activity I have had only 2 police encounters.

Army

Correct me if I'm wrong but the way I read this is you carry for your own selfish reasons and give nothing for the cause...
Count me in as selfish too. I carry for me and mine protections, not to further our rights. We already have a right to UOC, no need to get any more unloaded rights is there?

I call, email, and write all the correct political people who really can affect my rights, including gun carry rights. But carrying alone or with a group will do nothing politically, only publically. I hand out the Carry Flyer, I educate as I go along. I have even rallied in support of UOC hundreds of miles from my house.

But to only carry in groups to further a cause we already have a right to?

Nah. I'm better off alone, thanks.

mjones

Count me in as selfish too. I carry for me and mine protections, not to further our rights. We already have a right to UOC, no need to get any more unloaded rights is there?

I call, email, and write all the correct political people who really can affect my rights, including gun carry rights. But carrying alone or with a group will do nothing politically, only publically. I hand out the Carry Flyer, I educate as I go along. I have even rallied in support of UOC hundreds of miles from my house.

But to only carry in groups to further a cause we already have a right to?

Nah. I'm better off alone, thanks.

That pretty much describes me...

OC KIMBER

All these lone wolves I don't even know how to respond to this! I thought this web site was about promoting OCing and to exchange ideas on how to advance the cause and stay out of jail but all I'm hearing is me, me, me. Saying that Ocing as a group will do nothing politically, only publically is a cop out last I checked this was still the United States of America and the public, does tell the politcians what to do. Everytime the Brady group protest us we get news coverage which brings more people to are cause, people that did not even know they had this right. But hey to each his own if you feel that sending off letters is all that you have it in you to do then so be it. some people run into a storm and some people run from them

mjones

All these lone wolves I don't even know how to respond to this! I thought this web site was about promoting OCing and to exchange ideas on how to advance the cause and stay out of jail but all I'm hearing is me, me, me. Saying that Ocing as a group will do nothing politically, only publically is a cop out last I checked this was still the United States of America and the public, does tell the politcians what to do. Everytime the Brady group protest us we get news coverage which brings more people to are cause, people that did not even know they had this right. But hey to each his own if you feel that sending off letters is all that you have it in you to do then so be it. some people run into a storm and some people run from them

How is being a 'lone wolf' not promotoing OC?
How is being a 'lone wolf' not advancing the cause?
How is being a 'lone wolf' not helping you to stay out of jail?
How is being a 'lone wolf' only about me?
How is being a 'lone wolf' not 'telling politicians what to do'?

I think you are misguided about why someone might choose to be a 'lone wolf'

xnetc9

hey ockimber, i replied to u a few weeks ago. I UOC for my own protection, not to make a statement or further people's rights. personally, i wish that sheeple do not carry weapons. they can die for all i care. more space for me, more jobs, more money, less sheep.

I UOC as much as i can and everywhere i go and i usually travel with my gf. having a girl UOC with you is much cuter so that LEOs tend not to rush in with guns pointing at your head like what happened to me last time when I UOC alone. Funny how not a single LEO checked us as we walk past them when my gf UOC with me. I am certain that if I went alone, those LEO would have had my face to the cement with their knees to my neck.

We went to a restaurant today and as we stepped in, 80% of the sheep went quiet and looked at us and eyeballed our holstered guns. the service was terrific though, perhaps they were afraid we would shoot them if the service was bad :p

OC KIMBER

How is being a 'lone wolf' not promotoing OC?
How is being a 'lone wolf' not advancing the cause?
How is being a 'lone wolf' not helping you to stay out of jail?
How is being a 'lone wolf' only about me?
How is being a 'lone wolf' not 'telling politicians what to do'?

I think you are misguided about why someone might choose to be a 'lone wolf'

Maybe I am misguided, but perhaps it just that I'm more passionate in the causes I take on.
Don't get offended I will respect any man that at least voices his opinion and does not hide with his head in the sand.

ryanburbridge

Hi it's Ryan agin.

I am in Long Beach and I UOC every chance I can. My wife and I enjoy the meetups. I try to attend any in and around my area. Kids come along most times. My aunt and parents say they would like to go any time I go. I think it's great to get together and meet new people that LOVE guns and FREEDOM. I enjoy finding guys to hang out with who are of the same mind set. My wife would rather UOC in a group for the first time. She is waiting on a part for her holster. She will be carrying soon.

That said I do think solo UOC by thousands of normal every day people is what we need to change minds for the positive view of guns and OC. If you ONLY carry in groups after the first few meet ups I think you should reevaluate why you choose to carry. I carry for self defense and to normalize everyday carry. I carry solo and in groups.

The name is Ryan Burbridge
Email is ryanburbridge@yahoo.com
Cell phone is (562)243-2622

If you are ever near turners in Signal Hill give me a ring. I work right next door.

Don't PM me about the risks of posting my personal info online. I can use spam protection and block unwanted calls.

If anyone plans an event I'll find it on this forum if it's posted. If my wife and I dont have plans we will probably make the meet.

Last edited:

oc4ever

OC KIMBER, It is really this simple. A gun is a tool of self defense and warfare. It can be used to persuade, intimidate or injure,incapacitate and kill in order of escalation. I do not think guns make a good political tool in California, as it turns many people against the cause.

I have had to use a gun several times in my life to protect myself. It fortunately did not escalate to deadly force. In reality the time it takes from persuade mode to kill mode may take only one or a few seconds. One guy came at me with a axe. Unfortunately for him I had a .45 automatic, and had dropped the safety and was squeezing the trigger when he decided to drop the axe. Frankly I was surprised the gun did not go off, he was a split second from dying. My "mistake" in this particular incident was injecting myself into a situation trying to save someone else's life from this menice of a human. Since the attack was not originally directed towards me, it gave me time to get locked ,loaded and prepared to help this stranger out. Not sure i would do this again. Too many bad drug deals, gang crap etc that goes on where the term "victim"is relative.

I respect LEO's and the job they do. I do not trust them unconditionally however. I have never been arrested, but have been mistreated. We all have stories, 99 percent of them are good, one percent are in that job for the wrong reason. The culture of brotherhood that is ingrained in their training, makes it easy for a group of them to make bad decisions and shut up about it. The videos that get posted here bear this out. They all freak over handguns and many don't know the law very well regarding what constitutes a handgun violation. That is why my shotgun is the primary defense tool. Very effective and (almost) LEO mistake proof. I am the only one that will be removing it for use from the gun lock short of a blow torch. The key release has been disabled.

Remember,this is all about freedom of choice. I hope you keep a more open mind about how YOU think MY gun should be used. I don't tell you not to do your own thing. I am apparently not the only one on this site thinking self defense out trumps political intimidation . I am not far from taking all my taxes I pay and moving to a more gun friendly state and depositing my income over there at some point in the future if things get worse here. OC works for me at this point until urban county CCW's become available. Being discreet about having a weapon is a huge tactical advantage against a bad guy trying to do you harm. By the time the bad guy sees my shotgun laser imprint on his shirt, his life may be counted in seconds (on one finger) if he does not comply.

Last edited:

xnetc9

Maybe I am misguided, but perhaps it just that I'm more passionate in the causes I take on.
Don't get offended I will respect any man that at least voices his opinion and does not hide with his head in the sand.

it shouldnt be about promotion. it should be about personal defense. i now carry because i took a certain mexican to court who refused to repay me 1300 dollars that he borrowed. he called to make a threat on my life. i do not trust the police to be at my front door or follow me everywhere i go to protect my life. besides, they are not required to protect us. ever since i carried, it feels good to be safe. no more wondering if victor is waiting for me somewhere dark.

r1man

UMMMMM, Why Couldnt you just say "This Guy Victor?" Saying Somthing Like A "MEXICAN" Sounds Like your a Racist.

Last edited:

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Thread Hijack

UMMMMM, Why Couldnt you just say "This Guy Victor?" Saying Somthing Like A "MEXICAN" Sounds Like your a Racist.

Mexico is a country. The people of Mexico are called Mexicans. Mexicans, generally, can be Mestizo, Amerindian, White, Black, and Asian. I'm not sure just how it is racist to refer to a person who came from Mexico as a Mexican. Thats a little like saying its racist to call someone from the United States of America an 'American'. It appears by your accusation that you have some preconcieved idea of what a "Mexican" is, looks like, or how they behave.

Do you imagine a cholo, a Chicano, a Latino, or a man dressed in a pancho and a straw sombero leading a burro though the dirt streets of a border village? Again- these are cultural and political stereotypes that are not always indicitve of race. Maybe this is an example of how we have been programmed to accept racial guilt...

Just something to think about...

xnetc9

that would make all LEOs racist because you can clearly hear them talk over the radio saying "we caught a perp. 6'3 mexican.... 5'5 asian... 6'0 white..."

r1man

The point is, when you are representing those who are promoting open carry you probably want to stay away from any terms that others may potentially perceive as "racist" or offensive. If I made a statement about the "fat" guy up the street giving me dirty looks, someone may take offense to that or see my description as inappropriate because it is unnecessary to refer to him as fat. It is uncomplimentary. PERIOD! LEOs refer to individuals to give a very specific description of an individual so other LEOs know what the individual looks like. If this individual was "American" or "Caucasian" would you have mentioned in your initial post that this certain American guy was giving you problems?

It is what it is!

BTW, you didn't mention in your statement if that the "certain Mexican" named Victor was short or tall, long hair? short hair? any distinguishing features? Since it's been presented that your statement was simply a description of the gentlemen, you left that part out.

I'm just saying, if you are trying to promote open carry, try to choose your words wisely. Those individuals who are trying to discourage open-carry will jump all over you for the slightest slip of the tongue and even based on the way you present yourself with your attire. There isn't much we can do about societal stereotypes. Cultural stereotypes existed long before I was ever born, and will be long after I am gone.

xnetc9

you are right i forgot the details. victor is 5'9, 130-160lbs, brown eyes, black/brown hair, 1 dui, 2 counts of driving without a license and/or suspended license, one count of dropped domestic assault. no tatoos known at the moment, no scars. last location was in lake Elsinore. did i miss out anything? last name is juarez... drives a blue suzuki 750 motorcycle... perhaps a 2006 model. victor use to work as a manager for a company that hires illegal immigrants that sewn fake brand clothing somewhere in a ghetto los angeles sweat shop and slept with the ceo's wife. he loves long walks on the beach with multiple girls.

this description is sure beats "some mexican". and you are right, i suppose i am racist. i can't help it if my mexican neighbors are jealous of my ride and my cute gf. do they really have to key up my car and tag all over the place? do the mexicans at work really have to walk past me and intentionally bump my shoulders every time? do they really have to smash my gf's window and steal her radio and steal her license plate? anyway, that topic doesn't belong here; it belongs on alipac.us.

it is because of this that my gf and i have to UOC to protect ourselves. thank you my mexican neighbors and amigos. you guys inspired us to UOC and realize our second amendment.

Last edited:

r1man

Sounds Like victor Has A good Taste In Motorcycles. You forgot to mention the Model, GSXR Maybe? Sounds Like A tuff situation to deal with when your GF Is cheating on you. Good luck with Victor.