Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hampton Roads OC Dinner 12/13/2010 - 7pm - County Grill - Yorktown - w/Brenda Pogge

Hampton Roads OC Dinner 12/13/2010 - 7pm - County Grill - Yorktown - w/Brenda Pogge

I have invited Brenda Pogge (http://brendapogge.com/about.html) our delegate for Virginia’s 96th District to dinner at the County Grill (http://countygrill.net ) 12/13/2010 at 7pm. Brenda and her husband Roger have accepted and look forward to meeting us.

1215-a George Washington Hwy. (Rt.17)
    Yorktown, Va. 23693
    757-591-0600

This will be (as usual) an informal meet and greet type dinner where no speeches are planned. Everyone is welcome to talk to Brenda about the upcoming legislative session. :-) Hopefully we can convince her to re-submit the parking lot bill as well as other pro-2A ones (can anyone say constitutional carry?). ;-)

Virginia Citizens Defense League President, Philip Van Cleave, has said that he should be able to attend. I also plan an invitation to York County Sherrif Danny Diggs and will update this when I hear if he is available.

Since Christmas is fast approaching the back room was already scheduled all week so we will be seated in the main dining room. I made a reservation for 20-30 people and will call back to confirm the number as we get closer.

Brenda has been a great delegate and has been decidedly Pro-2A so please help me welcome her to our local Hampton Roads sections of OCDO and VCDL.

I'll keep a running tally:

...M
    R..a
    S..y
    V..b
    P..e......Person
    ---------------------------------
    2.........Brenda & Roger
    1.........Philip Van Cleave
    2.........45acpForMe
    x..x......fully_armed_biker
    ...x......ocholsteroc
    1.........Dutch Uncle
    2.........2a4all
    ...1......darthmord
    2.........kimbercarrier
    1.........t33j
    1..1......6L6GC
    3.........VAman49
    x.........Bubba Ron & Jean
    1.........Dr Mark
    ---------------------------------
    16confirmed 2maybe's

I'll call in to confirm the reservation Friday. So it looks like a table for 24 or so right now.
    Last edited by 45acpForMe; 12-13-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Put me down as probable X 2 ...it may even be X 3.

Quote Originally Posted by 45acpForMe View Post
    I have invited Brenda Pogge (http://brendapogge.com/about.html) our delegate for Virginia’s 96th District to dinner at the County Grill (http://countygrill.net ) 12/13/2010 at 7pm. Brenda and her husband Roger have accepted and look forward to meeting us.

1215-a George Washington Hwy. (Rt.17)
    Yorktown, Va. 23693
    757-591-0600

This will be (as usual) an informal meet and greet type dinner where no speeches are planned. Everyone is welcome to talk to Brenda about the upcoming legislative session. :-) Hopefully we can convince her to re-submit the parking lot bill as well as other pro-2A ones (can anyone say constitutional carry?). ;-)

Virginia Citizens Defense League President, Philip Van Cleave, has said that he should be able to attend. I also plan an invitation to York County Sherrif Danny Diggs and will update this when I hear if he is available.

Since Christmas is fast approaching the back room was already scheduled all week so we will be seated in the main dining room. I made a reservation for 20-30 people and will call back to confirm the number as we get closer.

Brenda has been a great delegate and has been decidedly Pro-2A so please help me welcome her to our local Hampton Roads sections of OCDO and VCDL.
    I would really really like to go and meet new people, I do not know if I can make it though I will try. Could you give a map from like greenbrier area? I have never been to yorktown, and I do not know how long of a drive that is.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    I would really really like to go and meet new people, I do not know if I can make it though I will try. Could you give a map from like greenbrier area? I have never been to yorktown, and I do not know how long of a drive that is.
    OC
    Take 64 west to Rt 17 to Yorktown. It's on the Left in a small shopping center. Their Web address is http://www.countygrill.net/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yimage_map.gif 
Views:	48 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	4693

Wish I could make it but don't get off till 8 on the Shore.

John

exit 258b
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?

I think I should be able to make it. Too bad about the back room; it had become something of an OC institution, but as long as we can sit close together, it should go well anyway.

I recall some time back, we had one of the tables in the back, and some fairly boisterous USAF group had the other one. When they suddenly realized we were all carrying, silence broke out very quickly! (We let 'em know we were harmless!)

Put us down for 2.

BTW, why can't we have the back room? After all, we're the ones with the guns

Please put me down as a maybe.

I may try to make this one. It really depends on when I get off work. I was almost into overtime for the week yesterday evening. Today (minus 1 hour) is nothing but pure overtime.

Doesn't look like it's going to ease up either.

I'll be there Jim.

Come on, Darthmord, where are your priorities!!!

+1
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Come on, Darthmord, where are your priorities!!!
    With making the most money for the Mrs to use to buy me more guns.

But seriously, it really depends on when I get off work that day. If it's a decent hour, I'll make the attempt to get there. The big problem I'll have if I can go is the HRBT during evening rush hour.

1 yes and 1 maybe

I will certainly plan to be there and Pamela will come too if she can.

Quote Originally Posted by t33j View Post
    +1
    Is that +1 for the quote or +1 to attend? I put you down for one but know that time of year has finals etc.

Is that +1 for the quote or +1 to attend? I put you down for one but know that time of year has finals etc.
    I'll be there. I have 2 finals that day, but no more 'till the 17th.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Jim add 1 more for my wife.

We should be able to make it, put me down for 3.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

ccloud43

hey all

Unfortunatly I cant make the dinner on the 13, I should be down on the night of the 14th if someone wants to get together for dinner. Reason being I dont live in Va anymore but I'm fighting the good fight for OC down here in FL.
    Last edited by ccloud43; 12-08-2010 at 10:52 AM.

Talked with my wife last night. She reminded me that I forgot something... that I had to take my daughters to girl scouts that evening. They won't be done with that until 8pm and it's a 30 minute drive from where I live to the restaurant.

That said, if their girl scout meeting is cancelled, I'll try and make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    I think I should be able to make it. Too bad about the back room; it had become something of an OC institution, but as long as we can sit close together, it should go well anyway.

I recall some time back, we had one of the tables in the back, and some fairly boisterous USAF group had the other one. When they suddenly realized we were all carrying, silence broke out very quickly! (We let 'em know we were harmless!)
    That was hilarious wasn't it Jim?! I remember the moment well!

2 More...

Jean and I plan on attending, we've missed everyone - well, almost everyone ;-)

Corey, give us a call when you get into town on the 14th...

Reservation confirmed

I called the County Grill and confirmed the reservation for 24 people.

Can someone please bring their camera and take/post some digital pictures? My camera is having battery issues where a full charge of the lithium battery lasts for one picture! A new camera is on my Christmas list so I won't have one until after the dinner. :-(

About the only seat reservation I would suggest is having Brenda sit in the middle of the table so more can interact with her and allowing Philip to sit across from Brenda and Roger.

Look forward to seeing everyone.

good chance I'll be late
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

can not make it :-(

...looks like I can make it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast