• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads OC Dinner 12/13/2010 - 7pm - County Grill - Yorktown - w/Brenda Pogge

45acpForMe

I have invited Brenda Pogge (http://brendapogge.com/about.html) our delegate for Virginia’s 96th District to dinner at the County Grill (http://countygrill.net ) 12/13/2010 at 7pm. Brenda and her husband Roger have accepted and look forward to meeting us.

1215-a George Washington Hwy. (Rt.17)
Yorktown, Va. 23693
757-591-0600

This will be (as usual) an informal meet and greet type dinner where no speeches are planned. Everyone is welcome to talk to Brenda about the upcoming legislative session. :) Hopefully we can convince her to re-submit the parking lot bill as well as other pro-2A ones (can anyone say constitutional carry?). ;-)

Virginia Citizens Defense League President, Philip Van Cleave, has said that he should be able to attend. I also plan an invitation to York County Sherrif Danny Diggs and will update this when I hear if he is available.

Since Christmas is fast approaching the back room was already scheduled all week so we will be seated in the main dining room. I made a reservation for 20-30 people and will call back to confirm the number as we get closer.

Brenda has been a great delegate and has been decidedly Pro-2A so please help me welcome her to our local Hampton Roads sections of OCDO and VCDL.

I'll keep a running tally:

...M
R..a
S..y
V..b
P..e......Person
---------------------------------
2.........Brenda & Roger
1.........Philip Van Cleave
2.........45acpForMe
x..x......fully_armed_biker
...x......ocholsteroc
1.........Dutch Uncle
2.........2a4all
...1......darthmord
2.........kimbercarrier
1.........t33j
1..1......6L6GC
3.........VAman49
x.........Bubba Ron & Jean
1.........Dr Mark
---------------------------------
16confirmed 2maybe's

I'll call in to confirm the reservation Friday. So it looks like a table for 24 or so right now.

Last edited:

ocholsteroc

I have invited Brenda Pogge (http://brendapogge.com/about.html) our delegate for Virginia’s 96th District to dinner at the County Grill (http://countygrill.net ) 12/13/2010 at 7pm. Brenda and her husband Roger have accepted and look forward to meeting us.

1215-a George Washington Hwy. (Rt.17)
Yorktown, Va. 23693
757-591-0600

This will be (as usual) an informal meet and greet type dinner where no speeches are planned. Everyone is welcome to talk to Brenda about the upcoming legislative session. :) Hopefully we can convince her to re-submit the parking lot bill as well as other pro-2A ones (can anyone say constitutional carry?). ;-)

Virginia Citizens Defense League President, Philip Van Cleave, has said that he should be able to attend. I also plan an invitation to York County Sherrif Danny Diggs and will update this when I hear if he is available.

Since Christmas is fast approaching the back room was already scheduled all week so we will be seated in the main dining room. I made a reservation for 20-30 people and will call back to confirm the number as we get closer.

Brenda has been a great delegate and has been decidedly Pro-2A so please help me welcome her to our local Hampton Roads sections of OCDO and VCDL.

I would really really like to go and meet new people, I do not know if I can make it though :( I will try. Could you give a map from like greenbrier area? I have never been to yorktown, and I do not know how long of a drive that is.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
I would really really like to go and meet new people, I do not know if I can make it though :( I will try. Could you give a map from like greenbrier area? I have never been to yorktown, and I do not know how long of a drive that is.

OC
Take 64 west to Rt 17 to Yorktown. It's on the Left in a small shopping center. Their Web address is http://www.countygrill.net/

yimage_map.gif

Wish I could make it but don't get off till 8 on the Shore.

John

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
I think I should be able to make it. Too bad about the back room; it had become something of an OC institution, but as long as we can sit close together, it should go well anyway.

I recall some time back, we had one of the tables in the back, and some fairly boisterous USAF group had the other one. When they suddenly realized we were all carrying, silence broke out very quickly! (We let 'em know we were harmless!)

2a4all

Put us down for 2.

BTW, why can't we have the back room? After all, we're the ones with the guns:exclaim:

darthmord

Please put me down as a maybe.

I may try to make this one. It really depends on when I get off work. I was almost into overtime for the week yesterday evening. Today (minus 1 hour) is nothing but pure overtime.

Doesn't look like it's going to ease up either.

darthmord

Come on, Darthmord, where are your priorities!!!

With making the most money for the Mrs to use to buy me more guns. :D

But seriously, it really depends on when I get off work that day. If it's a decent hour, I'll make the attempt to get there. The big problem I'll have if I can go is the HRBT during evening rush hour.

C

ccloud43

hey all

Unfortunatly I cant make the dinner on the 13, I should be down on the night of the 14th if someone wants to get together for dinner. Reason being I dont live in Va anymore but I'm fighting the good fight for OC down here in FL.

Last edited:

darthmord

Talked with my wife last night. She reminded me that I forgot something... that I had to take my daughters to girl scouts that evening. They won't be done with that until 8pm and it's a 30 minute drive from where I live to the restaurant.

That said, if their girl scout meeting is cancelled, I'll try and make it.

ODA 226

I think I should be able to make it. Too bad about the back room; it had become something of an OC institution, but as long as we can sit close together, it should go well anyway.

I recall some time back, we had one of the tables in the back, and some fairly boisterous USAF group had the other one. When they suddenly realized we were all carrying, silence broke out very quickly! (We let 'em know we were harmless!)

That was hilarious wasn't it Jim?! I remember the moment well! :lol: