• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How to get massive media attention for the OC movement

G20-IWB24/7

Article 1, Section 24

The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

Seems to me as if organizing an armed body of men for whatever purpose (e.g. protesting at TSA checkpoints, etc.) is thin ice and outside the protection of the state constitution. You may read that differently than I, but if your main goal is to put a group of armed individuals at a specific location, at a specific time, for a specific purpose, that may not be such a good idea.

-G20

amlevin

In a Constitutional Republic, err, excuse me a 'democracy,' what is more normal than political activity?

Sorry Dave no Democracy here. You were right the first time.

As for "poking the Tiger" just remember there can be unintended consequences. The idea of involving one's self in political activity is to promote YOUR agenda without giving THEIR agenda more traction. Lots of ways to do that without going into an area that is certain to draw negative results.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Possibly, but that would drastically be open to interpretation.

If it's legal for 1 person to do it (walk near the security checkpoint while OCing), then logic stands to reason it is legal for 10 people to do it.

You can go into your bank while OCing. You can go into your bank with 10 friends who are all OCing. I serisouly doubt that to simply be present would meet any legal threshold of warrenting alarm. There would have to be something about your behavior or actions that manifest an intent to a reasonable person.

Could you be arrested? Yes. Could you be arrested anywhere in this state while OCing? Yes.

*IANAL

Justify away, someone should have told the 6 in Vancouver that found Josh Guilty.

It is not a matter of should of or could of, but having several people openly carrying firearms at a security check point in an Airport or a Bank is going to scare people.

Do everyone a favor and stop this stupidity.

Dave_pro2a

Article 1, Section 24

The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

Seems to me as if organizing an armed body of men for whatever purpose (e.g. protesting at TSA checkpoints, etc.) is thin ice and outside the protection of the state constitution. You may read that differently than I, but if your main goal is to put a group of armed individuals at a specific location, at a specific time, for a specific purpose, that may not be such a good idea.

-G20

Now that might be correct.

Ruby

DavePro2A-When I asked you whose side you were on, you gave a very telling answer. You said you were on your OWN SIDE. That should tell everyone on here quite a bit. You are obviously not on the side of OCDO; what you suggest with your little stunt would definitely hurt OC. I don't even think you are pro 2A. I think you came on here with your little hypothetical just to stir things up and see what kind of reaction you would get. You just wanted to yank our chains for your own amusement. I've given you all the time and energy to post that you are going to get from me. Go away and don't let the door hit you in the a$$!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
DavePro2A-When I asked you whose side you were on, you gave a very telling answer. You said you were on your OWN SIDE. That should tell everyone on here quite a bit. You are obviously not on the side of OCDO; what you suggest with your little stunt would definitely hurt OC. I don't even think you are pro 2A. I think you came on here with your little hypothetical just to stir things up and see what kind of reaction you would get. You just wanted to yank our chains for your own amusement. I've given you all the time and energy to post that you are going to get from me. Go away and don't let the door hit you in the a$$!

Very poinant and strong statement. +1

Dave_pro2a

"Whose side are you on" is a loaded question. It is blatantly accusatory, and both combative and dismissive. You had your answer already in mind when you asked it.

But if you want to get down to brass tacks, everyone is always on their own side. They will always do what they believe is in their own best interest, based on their own judgement. That my non-friend is rational self interest, or Objectivism.

And fwiw, if I had wanted to yank your chain for my own amusment, this would have been a far different thread.

deanf

It's not appropriate to try to solicit media attention for something that we are trying to promote as normal. Normal people doing normal things don't seek publicity for no particular reason.

Further, the airport is not the personal plaything of every person with a political ax to grind.

jarhead1911A

So, who's side are you on?!? Your idea is outrageous! Most of us here on this forum are doing our best to PROTECT our rights and peacefully co-exist with those who disagree with us and here you are suggesting we do something not only outrageous, but probably illegal as well. That stunt would really impress the antis; hell, if we tried real hard we might even get the state legislature to ban OC! We are engaged in a war to retain the rights we have and to win Constitutional Carry for the state of Washington. We have been in the news several times this year. A wise person chooses the battles they fight if they want to win the war and they don't waste their time stirring up s**t that will be of no benefit.

Yes his idea is well its out there but what we did to the British in the 1700's was also outrageous. Taking over a starbucks with people with guns in also outrageous in some peoples eyes yet we still do it. I think protest is the wrong word vs being seen and interacting with people. So what its an airport? we do it in out day to day lifes usually with a decent outcome.

The airport is just another building with people in it.... For the most part i think his idea has some merit but it still needs some work. just my 2 Cents

Trigger Dr

My Father had a saying, that with a bit of editing, could be sound advice for all.

"There are two ways to kill a cat...beat it to death with a club, or, convince it that chloroform is a cure for fleas"

We need to convince the anati that chloroform is a cure for fleas.

xxx.jakk.xxx

I'd like to say that going to the airport and protesting would be more of a "Stop TSA from Searching us" than a Second Amendment issue. You would be arguing for the searches to stop and making more noise by being armed. We're already allowed in the airport, so there's not much to gain from it.

Now, I must put in my $.02 on another one of the issues. Someone gets harassed for carrying at a park/ coffee shop. This action causes you to contact friends and say "In response to this event, we're going to gather a group of people and go there". This is NOT normal daily activity. How many of you on a daily basis say "Hey, let me grab 20 or 30 people, drag them to a park and hope for attention". I'm thinking not many. So we can't criticize him for wanting to gather a group for attention since at the coffee shops, parks and anywhere else that the groups decide to gather, they hope for attention from the public, police and the news.

Again, this is all just my opinion. =]

kwikrnu

Banned
Get a group of 20-30 people who buy tickets to a cheap destination. Then all show up to the airport at the same time open carrying holstered ak 47 pistols.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
My Father had a saying, that with a bit of editing, could be sound advice for all.

"There are two ways to kill a cat...beat it to death with a club, or, convince it that chloroform is a cure for fleas"

We need to convince the anati that chloroform is a cure for fleas.

But sometimes all you have is a club.

USMC1911

The best way to Openly Carry is to do so while going about your normal business. Shop, run errands, have a meal, get a cup of coffee, meet with friends, etc. We will all know we "have arrived" when we do this and nobody notices or comments.

THIS, ... This is the ends to our means ! When No one takes notice, ... When No one comments, ... When No one is concerned, .. We WIN !