• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah CFP courses in the Raleigh area?

swillden

Sorry for the semi-OT post, but I'm going to be in the Raleigh area on and off over the next couple of months for work, and it occurred to me that there might be interest in the Utah concealed carry permit (I'm a Utah CFP instructor). The Utah CFP is honored by NC, including for NC residents (though I'd always encourage people to get their own state's permit first, if possible).

Does anyone know if there'd be interest? Or are there already plenty of local instructors?

razor_baghdad

I'm in!

PM details for a cost of 10-15 or so 'attendees'.

I already put the feeler out. Location will be a corporate classroom in Fayetteville that can accomodate 25 or so.

D

swillden

PM details for a cost of 10-15 or so 'attendees'.
How about if I just do it here? I'd like feedback.

Would $75 each be reasonable? That's more than I charge in Utah, but I'll have some additional expenses to cover. That will include the class -- and I'll add a little section to cover NC law (have to bone up!) -- photo, fingerprints and delivery of applications to the state, for those who want me to take care of that. That would make the total cost of the permit $140, including the state fee.

razor_baghdad said:
I already put the feeler out. Location will be a corporate classroom in Fayetteville that can accomodate 25 or so.
That would be perfect. Another alternative would be someone's home, if they have the room. I don't need A/V equipment. I've used powerpoint slides in the past, but I think a more relaxed, interactive approach is more effective.

It's coming up awfully quickly, but I could do a class a week from today if we could get it arranged that fast. I'd assume that the evening would be best for people, though I could do it during the day. I have to be at RTP on Wednesday next week. If that's not feasible I'm sure we can put something together in January. I'm not sure exactly when I'll be there, but I should know soon.

Last edited: