Thread: I asked the boys in blue on their web site what they think about Constitutional Carry

I asked the boys in blue on their web site what they think about Constitutional Carry

So far all that have responed have been very positive.

http://apbweb.com/forums/ask-cop-3/c...l-carry-43714/

Nice. Good news. Every LEO I have talked with seems to have no problem with OC or CC.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

I think the comment that anti-carry statements generally come from the politically appointed and not from the cops on the beat was very telling.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Thumbs up All I Can Say Is "Wow"!

I just read through the answers on the police forum and I have to say I am quite happy with EVERY response.

Thank God there are really good people out there as police officers. Wow.....

While it was interesting reading the responses....Keep in mind tho the responses posted were on a National level. By that I mean the responses were from Officers that reside/work in States other than Wisconsin.So in some ways its kind of an apples-oranges comparison. Dont get me wrong....Its nice seeing the responses are positive.But I think it would be nicer seeing those positive responses were all from Wisconsin.

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

McX
    dont talk to the cops.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Best darn response of the bunch, "The LEO's that get in front of the media and oppose it are normally polictically appointed and the media doesn't ask the people on the line how they feel about it."
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    dont talk to the cops.
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

having family and friends in law enforcement I've gotten to talk about open and concealed carry with them a few times before. most of them aren't against it but are apprehensive because of the way they are trained and the general comfort level of seeing a person with a handgun who's not in uniform that comes with that training. a few are all for it. but no one I've talked to has been against it.
    "I have a long held belief that a man cannot have too many books, too many wines, or to much ammunition"

~Jeff Cooper~

Why not ask the same question on Officer.com? Oh wait, I'm sure we can all take a "wild guess" on what they'd say.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

If you do, post the link.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    If you do, post the link.
    I've tried signing up for that site several times...No idea why they won't accept my application since other non-LEOs are on that site.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)