• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I asked the boys in blue on their web site what they think about Constitutional Carry

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I think the comment that anti-carry statements generally come from the politically appointed and not from the cops on the beat was very telling.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
All I Can Say Is "Wow"!

I just read through the answers on the police forum and I have to say I am quite happy with EVERY response.

Thank God there are really good people out there as police officers. Wow.....

LR Yote 312

While it was interesting reading the responses....Keep in mind tho the responses posted were on a National level. By that I mean the responses were from Officers that reside/work in States other than Wisconsin.So in some ways its kind of an apples-oranges comparison. Dont get me wrong....Its nice seeing the responses are positive.But I think it would be nicer seeing those positive responses were all from Wisconsin.

LR Yote

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Best darn response of the bunch, "The LEO's that get in front of the media and oppose it are normally polictically appointed and the media doesn't ask the people on the line how they feel about it."

Flash Gordon

having family and friends in law enforcement I've gotten to talk about open and concealed carry with them a few times before. most of them aren't against it but are apprehensive because of the way they are trained and the general comfort level of seeing a person with a handgun who's not in uniform that comes with that training. a few are all for it. but no one I've talked to has been against it.

protias

Why not ask the same question on Officer.com? Oh wait, I'm sure we can all take a "wild guess" on what they'd say. :rolleyes: