• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got my Florida firearms license...

kwikrnu

Banned
what do I need to know?

Tennessee suspended my handgun permit and the easiest license for me to get was the Florida license. I can't believe how easy it was to obtain. They issued in about two weeks after they received my application. They accepted my dd214 from military service as training.

I know I can only carry concealed for the most part. Can I wear a shirt that says MWAG or something along with the firearm in a fanny pack? Is there a limit on barrel length, color, or capacity?

I plan on reading up on the laws, but hopefully will get down there by the first of the year.

Last edited:

wrightme

what do I need to know?

Tennessee suspended my handgun permit and the easiest license for me to get w the Florida license. I can't believe how easy it was to obtain. They issued in about two weeks after they received my application. They accepted my dd214 from military service.

I know I can only carry concealed for the most part. Can I wear a shirt that says MWAG or something along with the firearm in a fanny pack? Is there a limit on barrel length, color, or capacity?

I plan on reading up on the laws, but hopefully will get down there by the first of the year.
Just buy one of those "CCW" badges. :rolleyes:

attention whore is the term that is at the forefront.

1276513637-756.jpg

T-shirt for you

Last edited:

JeepSeller

Nope. In Florida anyway, no restrictions on barrel length, capacity, color. If you can find a way to conceal it, you can carry a Desert Eagle....the BIG one, and paint it purple if you like.

Concealed is the key. So long as it's out of ORDINARY SIGHT, you're good to go.

Restrictions on locations are also fairly limited. No schools, no police/sheriff stations, no bars. The usual. (of note, you CAN carry within an establishment that serves alcoholic beverages. For example, you can go sit in Red Lobster, enjoy your meal, even have an adult beverage or two, just don't belly up to the bar.) In fact, there is no law against drinking and carrying. But, as responsible gun owners, we all know booze and guns don't mix. Carry/drink responsibly.

That's about it.

As far as the badges, t-shirts, etc. go? I'm not touching those. I'm too tired to argue, and there's ALWAYS someone who wants to argue those things. I'll just say that, personally, I don't own anything like those and won't. But, I defend people's right to choose, even when I don't agree.......most the time. *grin*

Congrats and stay safe.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
what do I need to know?

Tennessee suspended my handgun permit and the easiest license for me to get was the Florida license. I can't believe how easy it was to obtain. They issued in about two weeks after they received my application. They accepted my dd214 from military service as training.

It is not the ease with which it is obtained that is at issue. But, the fact that paying, hiding, begging, etc. are pre-requisites to this very limited privilege. Those pre-requisites, regardless of how lax or permissive, exist. A Right has no such requirements.

Last edited: