Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Patriots Contract.

The Patriots Contract.

Worth supporting?

http://patriotscontract.com/

Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 12-09-2010 at 05:40 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

your opinion,now mine

Where do I start? OK by stating #1 I am Libertarian in viewpoint but with a Christian ideal. Abortion is murder, that being said, I don't care if a woman murders her unborn child. Just don't tell her she can't, and don't make me pay for it. She's the one that will face her maker and tell him I killed my unborn child before I even knew Him/Her, but as it states in the Bible "I knew you even in the womb" Nuff said.
    Sharia law, are you kidding? If we don't make it illegal it will spread. Have you read it? gimme a break.
    Defense spending cuts? NO Way, The Armed forces are already spread so thin it's pathetic. Now I will go for the DIG deep into every nook and cranny to find waste fraud and abuse.
    2nd Amendment should mean anyone legal can carry anywhere/anytime/in any method OC/CC with very few exceptions. It would make this a very polite society again.
    I have no problem with civil unions among same sex couples-just me but don't call it marriage. Just my Christian beliefs. Don't ask/don't tell, bad idea, bad for morale, bad for combat troops trust me 25 years in the Army,YES I do know from whence I speak.
    Not only TEST judges on the Constitution, but have the ability to FIRE the bastards if they make a wrong decision. LEAVE political leanings at the door.
    50% spending cuts, period. I bet I could do that in about an hour by cutting out just the Unconstitutional bureaucracies already in place, starting with Education.
    Seal the border. Build walls/fences have motion sensors, cameras and whatever it takes to control the passage of illegals. Then round up the 10+ million and send em home, plus their "anchor" babies, repeal that crap. That was for when Abe Lincoln emancipated the slaves.
    there's deeper troubs too, like 4500 laws on the books that make it illegal to pick a "wedgie" in public etc. A 57 year old woman was recently jailed for not trimming her hedge, gimme a break.
    Now I'll probably catch flak from 9 days til Sunday. Now the question is, do I really care?
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

My anti-TP BS filter wouldn't allow the page to load, but I think I got the gist of it.

I'd support a 30% defense cut as long as it was only in those illegal standing armies (so everything but national guard). and yes that includes DEA and ATF.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    But one method of control is creating a doctrine that warns the believer, if they do not follow a specific guideline of "morality" they are to fear the wrath of God...which happens, conveniently, to be a man PFFFT!
    Upset that Jupiter was able to keep his job (with a new name and organization kinda) and Juno couldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    Upset that Jupiter was able to keep his job (with a new name and organization kinda) and Juno couldn't?
    Of course, I am upset that some phallic worshiping humans canned Juno and made Jupiter the Almighty God of the universe Redue! LOL

Sorry, it didn't exactly play out that way, but you get what I am saying, if not, i will hear about it.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 12-03-2010 at 09:57 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Pay freeze??

Not so fast on Obama's Federal Employee pay freeze. It is for the cost of living raises only.....

http://dailycaller.com/2010/12/02/fe...te-pay-freeze/

Trust me us lower level GS folks are not making that much money folks. My salary is right at 30K so I don't think I'm going to get rich anytime soon.
    Last edited by KansasMustang; 12-04-2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: typo
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    I have heard that there are studies showing that government workers are making significantly more than private-sector workers doing similar jobs. I think that one of the first steps in reigning in the deficit is to drastically cut the number of federal workers and cut the pay of all federal workers by 20% unless it can be demonstrated that, for a particular job, such a cut would put the employee 10% or more below the average wage for private-sector workers doing the same or equivalent work.

Government workers should make less than private-sector counter parts. The built-in job protections and benefits for civil servants make the jobs attractive enough that the government should be able to offer less money to attract workers, not more.

That would be just a start. The overblown nature of the federal government contributes to its oppressiveness.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Not worth supporting. Ideologically based, conflating civil and religious beliefs.

Banned
    it is not possible in principle to separate - un-conflate - civil and religious beliefs

it has been properly observed that conservatism is a three-legged stool

it is held together by glue of religious faith

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Chuk View Post
    Not so fast on Obama's Federal Employee pay freeze. It is for the cost of living raises only.....

http://dailycaller.com/2010/12/02/fe...te-pay-freeze/
    Read the article you just linked...pay freezes implemented ONLY covered cost of living increase, that is no secret. Promotions, as what's discussed int he article, naturally, the employee will receive a pay increase just as they would in the private sector. It makes sense if you think about it that the pay freeze would cover cost of living increases and not raises due to promotion, those are two completely separate things.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Trust me us lower level GS folks are not making that much money folks. My salary is right at 30K so I don't think I'm going to get rich anytime soon.
    As with most Federal workers...but the attitude toward them (you) is that you are making the big bucks, living high on the hog People who think that need to get a freaking clue! I know people that work in the Government sector and they would make more money if they went private...there would be less at-work politics, less stress. I have a friend that is an engineer who looks at bridges that are across the nation to determine whether they need to be retrofitted or replaced....the politics involved in bridge replacement, he says, is a freaking joke. They determine a bridge to be in need of replacement and retrofit based on politics, not on the instability of the bridge...well, and dam...he looks at dams too.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    First start by getting rid of Public Servant Unions!!!!!!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 12-09-2010 at 05:40 PM.

Why, so the worker can have a better leg to stand on when they are being taken advantage of by the Government or big business? Union membership has dropped significantly over the decades. And what do you know, so have working conditions and wages for the average Joe. While profits for big business have skyrocket.

I know what's going to likely happen, someone is going to come up with U.S. automakers who are unionized, as being an utter failure. It isn't the unions that caused the issues with the automakers, it was the lack of vision and technological advancement that the guys at the top making the big bucks ignored. Which in turn paved the way for countries like China (commies) and Japan to build fuel efficient cars that will drive for 300+k miles. People want their big SUV's, but at 2.70 a gallon they would like to drive on the cheap...we have the technology to give both of those things to whoever wants to buy a vehicle, no matter the size.

All of that anti-union hoopla does nothing but support billion and multi-million dollar business that love to take advantage of their employees financially and with health coverage.

I wonder if workers at Walmart, if they had enough worker who had the sense to put two-and-two together, would have a much more dignifying work environment to work in, as opposed to the one they are currently stuck with. I suppose this is why places like that target and hire uneducated people, teenagers and the elderly. The Walmart business model is where we are going without unions.

People are wising up and unions are on the rebound, but nowhere close to the percentage of the population even a few decades ago.
    the comment was made about civil servants. you argued from the point of it being made about the private sector. Private sector has competition public does not. You are making a strawman argument.

Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 12-09-2010 at 05:41 PM.

Seems more like an argument to eliminate the federal budget instead of making the workers unfireable, and with guaranteed promotions. oh wait too late...

But still it is a separate issue. State governments and the feds can't go bankrupt. So any contract they get into has no way out even when the money runs out. It makes the government simply the means of federal workers to bleed and steal from the private sector more than is done now.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    It makes the government simply the means of federal workers to bleed and steal from the private sector more than is done now.
    I am sorry, really, can you please post a link to proof that this is happening and that it is widespread?

I am not saying the FED's aren't wasteful...I just read(e) that some bozo or a group of bozos forgot to check 100 dollar bills to see if they were printing right, well, now we have a billions crisp new bills worth over a 100 million dollars that are going to make a great big fire...marshmallows anyone!

It appears to me that one of the biggest bleeds being perpetrated against American workers is the outsourcing of jobs by businesses and the campaign by the right to destroy unionization.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 12-06-2010 at 10:29 PM.

I am sorry, really, can you please post a link to proof that this is happening and that it is widespread?

I am not saying the FED's aren't wasteful...I just read(e) that some bozo or a group of bozos forgot to check 100 dollar bills to see if they were printing right, well, now we have a billions crisp new bills worth over a 100 million dollars that are going to make a great big fire...marshmallows anyone!

It appears to me that one of the biggest bleeds being perpetrated against American workers is the outsourcing of jobs by businesses and the campaign by the right to destroy unionization.
    I'm not referring to prosecutable theft simply the theft that takes place by the IRS and is then distributed through paychecks.

Its not just the right that is against unions. I'm against them and I am certainly NOT part of the right. They make businesses noncompetitive, equalize in pay and promotions the best and the worst and support anti liberty or at least anti-american union bosses in some large cases. However, I do not want laws illegalizing unions, for that would be an infringement on the freedom of assembly. I simply want governments to have a policy of not signing contracts with unions only individuals and only contracts that say the contract can be canceled at any time by either party with no further obligation to pay. And no laws supporting unions in the private sector. What private companies do with their workers is their own problem. And I do not like the feds bailing out unions (or anyone for that matter) with tax money or printed money since that devalues my savings in an unjust manner.

• Protect the Life of the Unborn

The unborn are not life, they are potential life. When in the mother's womb they are merely a parasite (I am surely going to catch hell for this one)...they are a potential life.
    Even a parasite is alive, Your statement that the unborn are both parasites and not living is ridiculous. Or do you mean to tell me that the unborn are actually the undead?

Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 12-09-2010 at 05:41 PM.

Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 12-09-2010 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I have heard that there are studies showing that government workers are making significantly more than private-sector workers doing similar jobs.
    I am a computer programmer working for a defense contractor. Our contract is currently being evaluated for conversion to civilian (civil service) positions. Here are the facts as I know them. The contract manager makes a recommendation to whoever that when the jobs are converted, the employees should be brought it at a certain GS level. He's recommending GS-12, but the probability that we will actually see GS-12 is almost non-existant.

Even if we *were* brought in at GS-12, we would likely be brought in at "Step 1", which is the very bottom of the GS-12 scale. In order to make the same amount of money we're making now - as contractors - we'd have to *start* at GS-12 Step 5. In all likelihood, we will probabluy be offered GS-11 or maybe even GS-10. GS-11 (Step 1) would be a 20% pay cut from what I'm making right now - as a contractor.

Don't kid yourselfs - all the peons working for the government ar emaking anywhere from 30-50% LESS than what they'd make in the real world. When the Feds start laying off workers, the work-load of those remaining will increase dramatically.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast