• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Patriots Contract.

KansasMustang

your opinion,now mine

Where do I start? OK by stating #1 I am Libertarian in viewpoint but with a Christian ideal. Abortion is murder, that being said, I don't care if a woman murders her unborn child. Just don't tell her she can't, and don't make me pay for it. She's the one that will face her maker and tell him I killed my unborn child before I even knew Him/Her, but as it states in the Bible "I knew you even in the womb" Nuff said.
Sharia law, are you kidding? If we don't make it illegal it will spread. Have you read it? gimme a break.
Defense spending cuts? NO Way, The Armed forces are already spread so thin it's pathetic. Now I will go for the DIG deep into every nook and cranny to find waste fraud and abuse.
2nd Amendment should mean anyone legal can carry anywhere/anytime/in any method OC/CC with very few exceptions. It would make this a very polite society again.
I have no problem with civil unions among same sex couples-just me but don't call it marriage. Just my Christian beliefs. Don't ask/don't tell, bad idea, bad for morale, bad for combat troops trust me 25 years in the Army,YES I do know from whence I speak.
Not only TEST judges on the Constitution, but have the ability to FIRE the bastards if they make a wrong decision. LEAVE political leanings at the door.
50% spending cuts, period. I bet I could do that in about an hour by cutting out just the Unconstitutional bureaucracies already in place, starting with Education.
Seal the border. Build walls/fences have motion sensors, cameras and whatever it takes to control the passage of illegals. Then round up the 10+ million and send em home, plus their "anchor" babies, repeal that crap. That was for when Abe Lincoln emancipated the slaves.
there's deeper troubs too, like 4500 laws on the books that make it illegal to pick a "wedgie" in public etc. A 57 year old woman was recently jailed for not trimming her hedge, gimme a break.
Now I'll probably catch flak from 9 days til Sunday. Now the question is, do I really care?

beebobby

My anti-TP BS filter wouldn't allow the page to load, but I think I got the gist of it.

Daylen

I'd support a 30% defense cut as long as it was only in those illegal standing armies (so everything but national guard). and yes that includes DEA and ATF.

Daylen

But one method of control is creating a doctrine that warns the believer, if they do not follow a specific guideline of "morality" they are to fear the wrath of God...which happens, conveniently, to be a man PFFFT!

Upset that Jupiter was able to keep his job (with a new name and organization kinda) and Juno couldn't?

Beretta92FSLady

Upset that Jupiter was able to keep his job (with a new name and organization kinda) and Juno couldn't?

Of course, I am upset that some phallic worshiping humans canned Juno and made Jupiter the Almighty God of the universe:rolleyes: Redue! LOL

Sorry, it didn't exactly play out that way, but you get what I am saying, if not, i will hear about it.

Last edited:

KansasMustang

Trust me us lower level GS folks are not making that much money folks. My salary is right at 30K so I don't think I'm going to get rich anytime soon.

Last edited:

eye95

I have heard that there are studies showing that government workers are making significantly more than private-sector workers doing similar jobs. I think that one of the first steps in reigning in the deficit is to drastically cut the number of federal workers and cut the pay of all federal workers by 20% unless it can be demonstrated that, for a particular job, such a cut would put the employee 10% or more below the average wage for private-sector workers doing the same or equivalent work.

Government workers should make less than private-sector counter parts. The built-in job protections and benefits for civil servants make the jobs attractive enough that the government should be able to offer less money to attract workers, not more.

That would be just a start. The overblown nature of the federal government contributes to its oppressiveness.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Not worth supporting. Ideologically based, conflating civil and religious beliefs.

Beretta92FSLady

Not so fast on Obama's Federal Employee pay freeze. It is for the cost of living raises only.....

http://dailycaller.com/2010/12/02/federal-workers-will-still-receive-raises-despite-pay-freeze/

Read the article you just linked...pay freezes implemented ONLY covered cost of living increase, that is no secret. Promotions, as what's discussed int he article, naturally, the employee will receive a pay increase just as they would in the private sector. It makes sense if you think about it that the pay freeze would cover cost of living increases and not raises due to promotion, those are two completely separate things.

Beretta92FSLady

Trust me us lower level GS folks are not making that much money folks. My salary is right at 30K so I don't think I'm going to get rich anytime soon.

As with most Federal workers...but the attitude toward them (you) is that you are making the big bucks, living high on the hog:banghead: People who think that need to get a freaking clue! I know people that work in the Government sector and they would make more money if they went private...there would be less at-work politics, less stress. I have a friend that is an engineer who looks at bridges that are across the nation to determine whether they need to be retrofitted or replaced....the politics involved in bridge replacement, he says, is a freaking joke. They determine a bridge to be in need of replacement and retrofit based on politics, not on the instability of the bridge...well, and dam...he looks at dams too.:idea:

Daylen

Why, so the worker can have a better leg to stand on when they are being taken advantage of by the Government or big business? Union membership has dropped significantly over the decades. And what do you know, so have working conditions and wages for the average Joe. While profits for big business have skyrocket.

I know what's going to likely happen, someone is going to come up with U.S. automakers who are unionized, as being an utter failure. It isn't the unions that caused the issues with the automakers, it was the lack of vision and technological advancement that the guys at the top making the big bucks ignored. Which in turn paved the way for countries like China (commies) and Japan to build fuel efficient cars that will drive for 300+k miles. People want their big SUV's, but at 2.70 a gallon they would like to drive on the cheap...we have the technology to give both of those things to whoever wants to buy a vehicle, no matter the size.

All of that anti-union hoopla does nothing but support billion and multi-million dollar business that love to take advantage of their employees financially and with health coverage.

I wonder if workers at Walmart, if they had enough worker who had the sense to put two-and-two together, would have a much more dignifying work environment to work in, as opposed to the one they are currently stuck with. I suppose this is why places like that target and hire uneducated people, teenagers and the elderly. The Walmart business model is where we are going without unions.

People are wising up and unions are on the rebound, but nowhere close to the percentage of the population even a few decades ago.

the comment was made about civil servants. you argued from the point of it being made about the private sector. Private sector has competition public does not. You are making a strawman argument.

Daylen

Seems more like an argument to eliminate the federal budget instead of making the workers unfireable, and with guaranteed promotions. oh wait too late...

But still it is a separate issue. State governments and the feds can't go bankrupt. So any contract they get into has no way out even when the money runs out. It makes the government simply the means of federal workers to bleed and steal from the private sector more than is done now.

Beretta92FSLady

It makes the government simply the means of federal workers to bleed and steal from the private sector more than is done now.

I am sorry, really, can you please post a link to proof that this is happening and that it is widespread?

I am not saying the FED's aren't wasteful...I just read(e) that some bozo or a group of bozos forgot to check 100 dollar bills to see if they were printing right, well, now we have a billions crisp new bills worth over a 100 million dollars that are going to make a great big fire...marshmallows anyone!

It appears to me that one of the biggest bleeds being perpetrated against American workers is the outsourcing of jobs by businesses and the campaign by the right to destroy unionization.

Last edited: