• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Patriots Contract.

Daylen

I am sorry, really, can you please post a link to proof that this is happening and that it is widespread?

I am not saying the FED's aren't wasteful...I just read(e) that some bozo or a group of bozos forgot to check 100 dollar bills to see if they were printing right, well, now we have a billions crisp new bills worth over a 100 million dollars that are going to make a great big fire...marshmallows anyone!

It appears to me that one of the biggest bleeds being perpetrated against American workers is the outsourcing of jobs by businesses and the campaign by the right to destroy unionization.

I'm not referring to prosecutable theft simply the theft that takes place by the IRS and is then distributed through paychecks.

Its not just the right that is against unions. I'm against them and I am certainly NOT part of the right. They make businesses noncompetitive, equalize in pay and promotions the best and the worst and support anti liberty or at least anti-american union bosses in some large cases. However, I do not want laws illegalizing unions, for that would be an infringement on the freedom of assembly. I simply want governments to have a policy of not signing contracts with unions only individuals and only contracts that say the contract can be canceled at any time by either party with no further obligation to pay. And no laws supporting unions in the private sector. What private companies do with their workers is their own problem. And I do not like the feds bailing out unions (or anyone for that matter) with tax money or printed money since that devalues my savings in an unjust manner.

Jack House

• Protect the Life of the Unborn
The unborn are not life, they are potential life. When in the mother's womb they are merely a parasite (I am surely going to catch hell for this one)...they are a potential life.
Even a parasite is alive, Your statement that the unborn are both parasites and not living is ridiculous. Or do you mean to tell me that the unborn are actually the undead? :rolleyes:

jsimmons

I have heard that there are studies showing that government workers are making significantly more than private-sector workers doing similar jobs.

I am a computer programmer working for a defense contractor. Our contract is currently being evaluated for conversion to civilian (civil service) positions. Here are the facts as I know them. The contract manager makes a recommendation to whoever that when the jobs are converted, the employees should be brought it at a certain GS level. He's recommending GS-12, but the probability that we will actually see GS-12 is almost non-existant.

Even if we *were* brought in at GS-12, we would likely be brought in at "Step 1", which is the very bottom of the GS-12 scale. In order to make the same amount of money we're making now - as contractors - we'd have to *start* at GS-12 Step 5. In all likelihood, we will probabluy be offered GS-11 or maybe even GS-10. GS-11 (Step 1) would be a 20% pay cut from what I'm making right now - as a contractor.

Don't kid yourselfs - all the peons working for the government ar emaking anywhere from 30-50% LESS than what they'd make in the real world. When the Feds start laying off workers, the work-load of those remaining will increase dramatically.

Jack House

The unborn are potential life...developing life...have to draw the line somewhere, I drew it prior to the second they draw fresh air into their lungs. The extreme right want to act as if an egg in itself is a potential life. Adoptions for eggs and fertilized eggs in a tube, give me a freaking break.
Potential life? So then, they are not yet living? Then tell me, how is it that they are parasites? Parasites are living organic lifeforms that feed off the host. If they are not living, then they are dead and are not able to feed.

Yes, you are right, a parasite is still alive, but a parasite none-the-less. A parasitic-humanoid MUST have a host to feed off of or it will die. It has something to do with the process of conception, incubation and eventual birth, if the host is fit to support the developing life and the developing life is strong enough to survive the incubation and birth process; or any outside influence that might obstruct the ability of the developing life from reaching live birth status, than that potential life become actual life.
New born infants MUST have a host to feed from, without a parent to feed them, they WILL die. This is true for atleast the first few years of a human baby's life. By your argument, that would make them parasites and are not 'life'. 0488.png

"Unborn," what is that? At what point is the "unborn" "born?" The second they suck air...cord is cut...or is it when the doctor declares the child to be born, prior to that they are just unborn but born?
Unborn simply means pre-birth and born is post birth, duh. 0397.png

Now your turn, break it down for me how you think that a potential life, post-conception, is actually a living breathing human being, and not more closely related to a parasite.
I did not say anything about them being humans or breathing. What I said was that they are living, just like parasites do. A parasite is, afterall, a lifeform. Just because they do not adhere to your ridiculous ideology of what life entails does not change that fact. 0456.png

If anything I will acknowledge that the potential life is parasitic in nature but does not have all of nor maintain the attributes and habits of a parasite, eventually, at some point that parasitic-human becomes fully human and independent of its host...I would say the second it draw a breath of air either by the process of vaginal birth or any method of medical extraction which facilitates the breathing of oxygen.
So basically the breathing of oxygen is required for one to be considered human? Do you cease to be human when you hold your breath? Do you cease to be human when you stop breathing yet still have a pulse and brain activity? If one does not cease to be human at those times, then why would it matter whether or not the unborn takes it's first breath? Or is that just the argument you like to use so you can sleep at night while supporting abortion? Medically, a person is alive as long as they have a heart beat and brain activity, it would be murder to terminate such a life, with a very few exceptions of course. Why should it be any different for the unborn? Oh that's right, there's this little magical moment when a 'parasitic-humanoid' takes it's first breath and turns into a 'full, living breathing human', despite it's continued parasitic lifestyle. 0366.gif

BTW, don't say I wrote something that I didn't write. I did not say that unborn are not living (at least I do not see anywhere that I posted that), I said they are not life and that they are potential life. I should have been more specific though: The parasitic-humanoid has attributes and behaviors of a parasite as well as attributes and behaviors of a human being (undeveloped of course). The parasitic-humanoid is potential life. At the moment of conception the parasitic-humanoid is a potential human life. Human life is manifested--more specifically, human life is the final step of the life cycle of the parisitic-humanoid--when the parasitic-humanoid is released by natural or extracted by artificial means from its host and breaths independently it then is rendered via that process human life.
OH! I see. In your warped little world, life = human and the words are interchangeable. I'm sorry, I was going by the actual, real world definition of life. My bad. :rolleyes:

I am not religious, but Adam was not alive until the breath of life was breathed into him. Prior to that, he was merely a humanoid vessel absent consciousness or independent self-sustaining life by the process of inhalation and exhalation. The unborn does have consciousness, but we will save that for a later discussion.
0097.gif Adam was not alive until the breath of life was breathed into him and he was turned from dust to flesh and given a pulse and brain activity. I am not religious either, I just happen to actually know what I am talking about.0407.png

Do you even understand half the words you are using? It would seem that you do not. It would also seem that you are using other people's arguments because they sound intelligent. Specifically, I am referencing your questions of the definition of 'born' and 'unborn.' Such questioning is quite cliche and often times repeated by people whom have no idea what they're talking about, but merely wish to appear intelligent. :rolleyes:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I am a computer programmer working for a defense contractor. Our contract is currently being evaluated for conversion to civilian (civil service) positions. Here are the facts as I know them. The contract manager makes a recommendation to whoever that when the jobs are converted, the employees should be brought it at a certain GS level. He's recommending GS-12, but the probability that we will actually see GS-12 is almost non-existant.

Yeah, I've seen exactly the same thing. Contractors who were hired for their PhD and 30 years of operational experience, for a very specific niche job, and when the positions were converted, graded out at GS-12. These are people who could easily compete for, and win, GS-15 and SES jobs.

Don't kid yourselfs - all the peons working for the government ar emaking anywhere from 30-50% LESS than what they'd make in the real world. When the Feds start laying off workers, the work-load of those remaining will increase dramatically.

Not true. Some are making 30-50% MORE than they'd be making elsewhere. Some jobs are worth more than others, pure and simple, but you wouldn't know it by the federal job distribution.

Daylen

already at personal insults at page 2...

fetus =not parasite.

a parasite TAKES nutrients from its host. A baby factory GIVES nutrients to a fetus. And remember it is not the higher thinking part of the brain that is in charge of where nutrients go. That is under the purview of much more primitive parts of the nervous system and ultimately its the DNA that is in charge. Your mind, body and brain are just disposable fleshy skins and tools that DNA wears and uses to make more copies of itself.

Beretta92FSLady

not into freedom much other than those you want to exercise eh?

I am into Freedom, just not some religious zealots idea of freedom. Find me a "Patriotic Contract" that isn't packed with religious and partisan B.S. and I will likely be on board.

Jack House

I don't wish to appear intelligent. It's not my job. Just a high school drop-out who off and on over the past ten years has taken what college courses I can when I have the time. I come on here, I post, and if you don't like what I have to say, disagree with my method of logic then do not respond to my posts.
Really? I should only agree with you or not respond? Debate and discussion not welcome, eh?
eusa_think.gif

For someone who is stooping to my level by responding to my posts, you sure enjoy wasting good time and energy on my non-sense. Does it make any logical sense that you would waste your time responding to my uneducated, illogical posts?
By stooping to your level, you mean engaging you in discussion? I did not call you uneducated, I did not insinuate it. The only thing I did do was accuse you of parroting and not fully understanding all of the words you use.

Wasted time is so subjective. I think we can both agree that you are not wasting your time if you are using your free time to do something you enjoy, for me that would be debating.

Really, what this comes down to is no person, especially a man, has no business telling a woman what she can and can not do with her body. It's my view that if a man is going to tell a woman what she can and can not do with her body, she should be prepared to make sure his first attempt is his last. Most laws are written and passed by men (male majority), and a number of those laws have to do with controlling what a woman does with her body.
So basically the discussion of whether or not a fetus is a living person is relevant in the face of a woman's "right" to do whatever she wants?

You have failed to address any of the points I have raised, instead opting to harp on a perceived slight, then run off on a tangent. Judging by your last paragraph, it would seem as though you are under the impression that the "rights" of women to do whatever they want trump the rights of any other living person.
0383.gif

Would you kindly respond to the points I have raised and not harp on a small sliver of a single sentence? Thank you.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Comment deleted. I thought this thread had been moved to the social lounge, where it might (now) be appropriate. If it moves, I'll comment.

Last edited:

MK

Beretta92FSLady,

I don't like abortion and don't wish to support it but I also don't feel its my place as a man to stand in the way of any pregnant woman who chooses to go through with one as long as that baby hasn't developed enough to survive on its own outside of the womb. I know that if I were a pregnant woman, I surely wouldn't want anyone intruding into my life and my body and restricting my choices on what to do with whatever is encased within it. I actually detest abortion, I hate that it happens, but I also have personal opinions about alot of things that I don't feel that I should be forcing upon other's own personal lives and freedoms. I respect you for sticking up for your opinions and your rights here.

As far as this Patriot Contract, I agree with alot of it but not all of it and because of that, I wouldn't support it. I do like quite a few things on it and feel they are much needed and would suppor them on an individual basis though. I wish it would go a little bit further and address the War on Drugs as I feel that is one of the largest and most destructive topics facing our country today and needs a complete overhaul. I wish the public and the government would quit throwing it on the back burner and really take a hard look at it and make some tough decisions towards less intrusion and more freedom now being charged and incarcerated simply for drug crimes and nothing else. I just don't see any act as being truly Patriotic that refuses to address such a huge and menacing issue.

I think that the idea that its okay to give someone a criminal record and throw them in jail simply for using, cultivating or selling something as mild as marijuana is about as un-American and liberty hating as it can be. I have little respect for any political group that supports this notion or even continues to ignore it just like I do towards any group that wants to take away my freedom of speech, assembly or right to own and carry firearms.

eye95

I don't like (robbery, rape, murder) and don't wish to support it, but I don't feel it is my place as not the person who feels the need to (rob, rape, murder) to stand in the way of anyone who chooses to go through with the (robbery, rape, murder) as long as the victim helplessly relies on the one who wants to (rob, rape, murder) it.

:rolleyes:

Makes no sense to me whatsoever. If you are against a particular bit of violence, it makes no sense to say, "I am against it, but go ahead! I won't I won't speak out against your committing that bit of violence." If one is against abortion, take a freaking stand. If one is for it, unapologetically say so. This half-stepping "choice" crap is sickening.

I think I shall have my cake. And eat it, too!

Last edited:

MK

I don't like (robbery, rape, murder) and don't wish to support it, but I don't feel it is my place as not the person who feels the need to (rob, rape, murder) to stand in the way of anyone who chooses to go through with the (robbery, rape, murder) as long as the victim helplessly relies on the one who wants to (rob, rape, murder) it.

:rolleyes:

Makes no sense to me whatsoever. If you are against a particular bit of violence, it makes no sense to say, "I am against it, but go ahead! I won't I won't speak out against your committing that bit of violence." If one is against abortion, take a freaking stand. If one is for it, unapologetically say so. This half-stepping "choice" crap is sickening.

I think I shall have my cake. And eat it, too!

That analogy really doesn't work for me. My feelings on it are a "lesser of two evils" kind of thing. Its kind of like the last presidential election. I thought both tickets were horrible so I voted for the one that I viewed as less bad.

I don't support teenagers shoplifting either but if there was a punishment on the books that called for them to have their arms chopped off for it, I wouldn't support that.

I don't expect everyone to understand the point I was trying to make but I will try to simplify it a bit for anyone who is having trouble with it. I don't like abortion, I don't want to personally support it but I do have respect for a woman's right to choose and it outweighs any potential militant stand I would wish to take to deny them their freedom to make that choice. Its a lesser of two evils in my own personal opinion.

There are alot of things I don't like that other people do but I also realize alot of it is just none of my business.

eye95

I understand fully your point. (It ain't that deep.) It is repeated to the point of being trite and cliche. I just think it just isn't as enlightening as many hold it up to be.

Either you think abortion is wrong or you don't. If you think it is wrong, it is disingenuous not to speak out against a woman having one. Like I said, it is the rhetorical equivalent of having your cake and eating it too.

Take a stand. Say that you believe abortion is OK, or say that you think it is wrong.

One other thing: What are these two "evils" of which you speak? How are you stuck choosing one or the other? Which did you choose?

MK

I have the same feelings about gay marriage. I don't like it. I find it odd, the thought makes me uncomfortable and maybe I even feel that it lessens the value of my own heterosexual marriage (though there is nothing to empirically support that notion of mine as far as I know). I also realize that these people deserve the same rights I have under the law and if they love each other and want to get married, so be it. Who do I think I am to stand in the way of it? I am not going to try to lessen the value of their personal lives by stomping my boot all over it because I have my own personal issues with their lifestyle choices.

I find spinach to be repulsive. Should I now support measures that help to restrict or prohibit others from enjoying it just because I find it to be disgusting?