• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Drivers License Vs. Right to Travel

END_THE_FED

I didnt disagree with his points. I read his post and didnt SEE the points he was making that countered what i said. That was not my method of "denying" his points, it was my method of communicating the fact that i didnt understand what is was he said you that you were referring to.

From what i read his view was that we didnt get a specific right to drive a car, just to "travel", and what came to my mind was the fact that we dont get a "right to carry guns" we have a "right to bear arms".

Again i apologize if just didnt see which points he made, i read the whole post and i just read it again and i guess for some reason i cant comprehend what hes saying, thats my fault.

Fair enough, I realize my post may have come off a bit more harshly then I intended and I apologize for that.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Since9: I may not have made myself clear on the underlying goal of the 2A, so I will try to explain myself better:

I hope that made my point clearer.

That's pretty much what I got the first time around.

One point from one of your earlier posts: Cars are many times more dangerous than guns. Although there are roughly as many firearms in the U.S. as there are motor vehicles (although owned by just half our citizenry) there are approximately 1,500 accidental deaths by firearms each year, while accidental deaths due to automobiles is 43,200, higher that any other cause of accidental death, and nearly thirty times greater than accidental firearms deaths. (28.8, actually)

sudden valley gunner

That's pretty much what I got the first time around.

One point from one of your earlier posts: Cars are many times more dangerous than guns. Although there are roughly as many firearms in the U.S. as there are motor vehicles (although owned by just half our citizenry) there are approximately 1,500 accidental deaths by firearms each year, while accidental deaths due to automobiles is 43,200, higher that any other cause of accidental death, and nearly thirty times greater than accidental firearms deaths. (28.8, actually)

Just remember in a "free" society you don't want to restrict peoples rights or priviledges just because of "accidents".

since9

Campaign Veteran
Just remember in a "free" society you don't want to restrict peoples rights or priviledges just because of "accidents".

Absolutely not! My point in mentioning the stats is that we wouldn't do so with cars, so why would we do so with something 30 times more safe?

Put into proper perspective, it's a buffer argument that there are far more important things to consider long before one ever begins to question the safety of handguns.

CharleyMarbles

I'm probly going to get flamed for this but here go's

The reason you are haveing a hard time finding "Law" concerning motor vehicals is because it doesn't exist !!!

I challenge anyone to find a law concerning the "opperation of a motor vehical"
You won't find it that is because they are called the "motor CODE" this code is a contract between the "licenced" opperator and the state that issues the licence. it is also why in some states violations of the code are handled in a court of "equity" and NOT in a court of LAW.
In states where it is dealt with in a court of law it is done so because the motor code is "Given the weight of Law"

Ok go ahead and fire up the flamethrowers :)

P.S. I am not going to entertain arguments about the laws concerning the opperators ability to opperate a vehical IE DUI or the silly laws about seatbealts as these are in my oppinion just revnue builders IMO.

END_THE_FED

I'm probly going to get flamed for this but here go's

The reason you are haveing a hard time finding "Law" concerning motor vehicals is because it doesn't exist !!!

I challenge anyone to find a law concerning the "opperation of a motor vehical"
You won't find it that is because they are called the "motor CODE" this code is a contract between the "licenced" opperator and the state that issues the licence. it is also why in some states violations of the code are handled in a court of "equity" and NOT in a court of LAW.
In states where it is dealt with in a court of law it is done so because the motor code is "Given the weight of Law"

Ok go ahead and fire up the flamethrowers :)

P.S. I am not going to entertain arguments about the laws concerning the opperators ability to opperate a vehical IE DUI or the silly laws about seatbealts as these are in my oppinion just revnue builders IMO.

I am not sure I understand what you are saying.
Are you saying that something referred to as a "code" isn't law?
I am confused.
The compilation of "session law" for the Washington state legislator is referred to as the "RCW" or "Revised Code of Washington", are you saying that nothing in there is law?

It is true that most "motor vehicle laws" would fall under a "civil infraction" and not a "criminal charge".

sudden valley gunner

I am not sure I understand what you are saying.
Are you saying that something referred to as a "code" isn't law?
I am confused.
The compilation of "session law" for the Washington state legislator is referred to as the "RCW" or "Revised Code of Washington", are you saying that nothing in there is law?

It is true that most "motor vehicle laws" would fall under a "civil infraction" and not a "criminal charge".

I know what he is saying there is some truth to much of it doing a lot of research into it myself.

It's like L&I, many of their rules are giving weight of law although not codified as law on the state level. It's sneaky ways governments get around the will of the people.

END_THE_FED

I know what he is saying there is some truth to much of it doing a lot of research into it myself.

It's like L&I, many of their rules are giving weight of law although not codified as law on the state level. It's sneaky ways governments get around the will of the people.

So basically the differance between "Law" v. "Regulations" such as, the USC v. CFR or the RCW v. WAC ?

CharleyMarbles

Basickly what I am saying is here in Michigan because they couldn't create a "Law" that interfears with a Constitutional right what they did is create the Michigan Motor Code whitch in and of itself is nothing more than a contract that every driver "agrees" to when they sign for their licence. in actuality what we here in Michigan are guilty of when we violate a trafic code is breech of a contract. If one was willing to and had both the time and money to they could fight it as such and if they realy wanted to could agru that it being a breech if equity in a contract it should NOT be heard in a court of law at all. This last part is why many States have setup actual courts of equity for contractual disputes and in those states that is where trafic violations are heard.