• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Volunteers to take flyers to your local gun shops

oliverclotheshoff

BRASS i dont think there is anything in the dells area it all mostly tourist stuff if my memory serves me right besides in live up in mauston i see berretta has already volunteered that area and to my very unfortanate self i dont get out much due to working two jobs 5 days a week and spending time with my kids

Last edited:

Shane28

I can do Green bay-- Gander mountian, Dicks sporting goods, Nelson and associates, Gus guns, The gun source.com (store front located on Broadway AVE). Im pretty sure I can Pass them out at VFW Pulaski they let me open carry to meetings.

Last edited:

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Anything else in the Madison Area? Not too many firearm shops in Madison.

Also in Madison: MC Sports, Dorn's Sporting Goods(donwstairs from the True Value), Grandpas Gun Shop on Willy St?

Stoughton Conservation Club, I don't see anything in the rules stating I can't leave some of these there.
They have two club houses, so some should be left at each one.

Last edited:

IcrewUH60

Also in Madison: MC Sports, Dorn's Sporting Goods(donwstairs from the True Value), Grandpas Gun Shop on Willy St?

Stoughton Conservation Club, I don't see anything in the rules stating I can't leave some of these there.
They have two club houses, so some should be left at each one.

Brendon .45 and Cowboyridn do you want to split up the Greater Madison area with me? Ship the flyers to one of us, meet up, like at Culvers or something and then go on our way?

Last edited:

goforlow

Nik,

I will cover the Eau Claire, Chippewa Falls stores.

Gander Mountain, Scheels, The Gun Exchange, General Gun & Coin, Lauer Custom, Gordy's True Value.
Am I missing any?

paul@paul-fisher.com

Nik,

I can cover Walworth County and Janesville if not taken by others.

Dam Road Gun Shop - Delavan
Dunham's - Delavan
Gander Mountain - Janesville

Anybody know of any other gun shops?

Can you bring the material to the 9/12 meeting tomorrow? I should be there assuming we don't get more than a couple inches of snow.

BROKENSPROKET

I know that Lance, Tony, Scott and Dan will surely have Eau Claire, Chippewa and Elk Mound covered. As I duely appoint them.

The Black River Falls Meet-n-Greet group will get Moe's Saturday.

LR Yote 312

leave on the counter type thing

Didnt see anyone steppin up for Milwaukee/Cudahy area... Anything I can do ??

Only request would be that someone else hit the dealer on 43rd St.
I told them years ago I would never step a foot in that property/parkin lot/store ever again.

LR Yote

Last edited:

RR_Broccoli

Nik,

I can cover Walworth County and Janesville if not taken by others.

Dam Road Gun Shop - Delavan
Dunham's - Delavan
Gander Mountain - Janesville

Anybody know of any other gun shops?

Can you bring the material to the 9/12 meeting tomorrow? I should be there assuming we don't get more than a couple inches of snow.

Thunder Shooting in Milton might be within your area. The Dorn Hardware in Oregon is listed as an FFL, don't know what else they have.

dedeye

WCI is planning to have tens of thousands of the "Constitutional Carry legislative initiative" flyers printed up.

We need these to be distributed to gun stores ALL over the state.

Locally, the WCI board members will distribute to stores near us, but we need volunteers who we can mail a box of these flyers to who PROMISE to, within a week of receipt of them, take them to local gun stores in YOUR area to distribute.

I am making this request on this forum vs. emailing our entire memberlist so that we can post stores that are "covered" and those that aren't so we don't duplicate effort or get dozens of emails about the same store.

SO, if YOU are willing to PROMISE to, within a week of receipt, distribute flyers to gun stores, (large and small) including sporting goods stores that sell guns, please post the name of the store OR stores you volunteer to distribute these flyers to, and we will compile a list, see who can cover what and ship them to volunteers to distribute.

You'll want to stop in a gun store, identify yourself as a volunteer for WCI, have a conversation with the staff, be able to explain constitutional carry, perhaps even address a couple of objections.

To reduce shipping costs and logistical efficiency, if multiple people volunteer for the same store, it will be most efficient to ship a box of flyers to those who can cover the most stores.

In the meantime, people could also print off flyers (its intended to be printed 2-sided)

Brass Magnet: (Baraboo Area)
-Gander Mountain Baraboo
-Ace hardware Sauk Prairie
-True Value Reedsburg
- Jim's Gun's Baraboo

Carcharadon (appleton area)
-Appleton Gander Mtn
-Scheels
- Fleet Farm
-Jons Sport Shop in Oshkosh.

Icrewuh60 (Madison area)
- Gander Mtn.
-Dicks Sporting Goods,
-PT Firearms, a certain
-Napa store in Mt. Horeb
-The Ammo Box in Sun Prairie

Would be nice to have some of these for Texas!
I can even cover 95 % of South Texas.

BROKENSPROKET

I can help in green bay if needed let me know

Dude, don't do that. Take ownership. YOU tell us what areas or gunshops YOU can cover. Green Bay and surrounding areas is a BIG area to cover. Only a unemployed slash independently weathly person could cover the whole area by them selves.

To answer your question/statement, YES, WE NEED YOUR HELP. This is a volunteer army. DO NOT wait to be recruited.

If you want to meet the man behind these words, below is you opportunity.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ay-Gun-Show-December-31st-Jan-1st-Shopko-Hall

You may also me graced with meeting the VP of WCI. By the nature of your post, I assume (possibly in error) that you have not met the man yet.

I apologize as you are not the only one who posted in similar fashion. But your post was the first one that grabbed my attention. Please understand and I therefore request forgiveness, this post is not soley intended for you.

Last edited:

metalman383

[QUOTE=goforlow;1413569
Am I missing any?

Midwest Mercantile, downtown E.C. Goforlow, we could make a day out of it. Could be a very expensive day though, imagine all of the goodies we might find. I just bought a new baby 2 days ago, not sure the wife would be too happy if I came home with something else.

Last edited:

kadar

Hi folks,
I'm a PA guy who has taken an interest to your fight. To me, it is going to be interesting to watch you go from behind where we stand in PA to ahead of us in the 2A issue.
If I may make a few suggestions in regards to the distribution of the flyers:

Keep track of those who do not wish to have literature left or are overtly hostile.
-(Yes their are some anti 2A gun shop owners. :mad:)

If possible travel in pairs. Second person goes in store a few minutes later to make sure the literature was not trashed.
-( In PA, we have had some say yes and a few minutes later just trash the stuff. Again, keep track.)

Provide contact information and tell them that you will gladly resupply them when they run out.
-(If they offer to make their own copies, great, but don't expect it.)

Dress to represent.
-(You do not need a 3pc suit, but if they do not know you, you want to leave a good impression.)

--
Keep at it. What you can accomplish will help other states.