• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Volunteers to take flyers to your local gun shops

oak1971

I would think that it would be a simple matter of joining. Shows how the pro-firearm folks have not done a good job of networking. One thing I have compliment Jeri B. on, she has, with the use of several hundred thousand $$ of George Soros's money.

Fixed it.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
And add the Bloomberg $Billion$ and it shows why having activist boots on the ground is so important in this dog fight.

Last edited:

MKEgal

This morning (after our pancake breakfast... yum!) I got fliers from Paul & went to:
* Fleet Farm, County Line Rd., Germantown
While waiting for a clerk to get a manager for me, a couple of customers asked about CC & carry in general, so I gave them fliers. The manager said he'd have to check with "corporate" but wasn't optomistic about them being allowed on the counter. He said they get lots of requests, which I can understand. Told him they need a literature rack. :) He said he could at least put it in the break room, so employees can be better informed. Will check back after the Christmas rush.

* Gander Mountain, Mequon Rd. @ 45, Germantown (I think)
Guy at the gun counter was very receptive. Left a stack with him, told him I'd check back in a week or so to see if they need more. (Or if someone else is up thataway, you can check too.)

* Cabella's, 41/45 split
Got the "don't take it out of your holster" lecture as I came in. Guys at the gun counter said a manager needed to OK the fliers, but one of them took a flier for himself before sending me back up front. Guy up front also took a flier for himself, rang up the head manager (Big Chris... he's tall!), and after a short wait he & his 'asset protection manager' showed up to chat.

Told the AP guy that my assets didn't need protection, I brought my own, which got a smile. Explained how staff & customers were already taking the information, asked to have it on the gun counter, or at least put in the breakroom. Chris went off to call Corporate, came back & took a short stack, along w/ Nik's contact info.

While Chris was gone, the AP guy tried to tell me that they could bounce me for soliciting. Since I had done nothing but ask permission (& give info to people who asked me for it) I think this was a rather weak threat.

Overall, fairly good reception. Again, if someone else happens to be in the area & wants to replenish their supply, it's no skin off my nose if you stop in these places. The only argument I can think of against it is that they may react better if they only have to deal with one person.

Last edited:

Jason in WI

* Cabella's, 41/45 split
Got the "don't take it out of your holster" lecture as I came in.

Hmmm, :mad:.

Unfortunately, I've heard lots of stories about people going into gun stores and thinking if was fine to pull out their sidearms to check/compare something.

MKEgal

Hmmm, :mad:.
Unfortunately, I've heard lots of stories about people going into gun stores and thinking if was fine to pull out their sidearms to check/compare something.

The AP guy claimed several people (across the country?) have been shot by guns.
I corrected him, of course - they were shot by negligent humans.

I didn't quite understand their way of doing things, but apparently if someone wants to try on holsters, they have to stop at the greeter, let the greeter check to make sure the gun isn't loaded, then the greeter or another employee carries the gun to the holster area & handles checking the fit.

That doesn't make sense to me - a) I want to know how it fits, not how someone else tells me it fits and b) if they've proven it unloaded what's wrong with handing it back to the customer?!? :mad: :banghead:

Their prices are high enough I don't see buying anything gun-related there (unless there's a really huge sale discount), so it's not going to be an issue for me. With those policies, I'll make sure it's not an issue by not buying there.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
This morning (after our pancake breakfast... yum!) I got fliers from Paul & went to:

Cabella's, 41/45 split
While Chris was gone, the AP guy tried to tell me that they could bounce me for soliciting. Since I had done nothing but ask permission (& give info to people who asked me for it) I think this was a rather weak threat.

There has been previous issues with Wisconsin Cabella stores where employees have projected an anti-carry mindset. Not good for a business that sells a lot of guns and ammo, even issuing separate catalogs for this. Maybe "corporate" needs to do some inservice training for the Wisconsin stores. Or maybe the NRA needs to have a discussion with "corporate."

Makes you wonder how much companies like Cabella's support the battle against the antis. I know Midway does with their "round-up for the NRA" program. They are my first choice for firearm items. Unbelievably fast delivery.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Flyer packages were shipped today to those I talked with last week.

They were shipped priority mail so you should probably have them tomorrow.

We could still use volunteers in the following area's to take flyers around to gun shops in the following areas (or there-abouts).

Green Bay

Monroe

Platteville

Dodgeville

Richland Center

Prairie Du Chien

Whitewater/Fort Atkinson/Jefferson

Tomahawk/Rhinelander

Eagle River

Shawano

Sheboygan

Manitowoc

Port Washington

Fond du Lac

Black Rive Falls

We have flyers out to the following areas:

Milwaukee

Baraboo/Dells

LaCrosse

Eau Claire

Neenah

Marshfield

Racine

Waupaca

Janesville/Milton

Delavan

Boulder Junction/Minocqua

Wausau

Madison

If you are available to take flyers around to a few gun stores in your area in one of the area's listed above that we haven't hit (or if you have an idea for another place) please send me a PM or email. nik@wisconsincarry.org

Anyone who has a large event that would be receptive to gun rights we'd be happy to send flyers to as well.

-tea party meeting/rally
-sportsman club banquet
-gun show (leave a stack by the check in counter) etc
etc

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Flyer packages were shipped today to those I talked with last week.

They were shipped priority mail so you should probably have them tomorrow.

We could still use volunteers in the following area's to take flyers around to gun shops in the following areas (or there-abouts).

Green Bay

Monroe

Platteville

Dodgeville

Richland Center

Prairie Du Chien

Whitewater/Fort Atkinson/Jefferson

Tomahawk/Rhinelander

Eagle River

Shawano

Sheboygan

Manitowoc

Port Washington

Fond du Lac

Black Rive Falls

We have flyers out to the following areas:

Milwaukee

Baraboo/Dells

LaCrosse

Eau Claire

Neenah

Marshfield

Racine

Waupaca

Janesville/Milton

Delavan

Boulder Junction/Minocqua

Wausau

Madison

If you are available to take flyers around to a few gun stores in your area in one of the area's listed above that we haven't hit (or if you have an idea for another place) please send me a PM or email. nik@wisconsincarry.org

Anyone who has a large event that would be receptive to gun rights we'd be happy to send flyers to as well.

-tea party meeting/rally
-sportsman club banquet
-gun show (leave a stack by the check in counter) etc
etc

Nik,

I'll take care of Monroe

Platteville

Dodgeville

Richland Center

& nearby communites...Green, Lafayette, Iowa, Grant, Richland counties. Anyone else around these places that would like them pm me. I've identified the FFLs which I can provide.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I just dropped off a batch at Brux Barrels in Lodi. From there they should make their way into the ranges around Waunakee and the long range rifle crowd. Also, they said they'd get some to Mike Bender, at least I think that was the name. Heard of him around here before but unsure of his stance on the issue.

protias

I just dropped off a batch at Brux Barrels in Lodi. From there they should make their way into the ranges around Waunakee and the long range rifle crowd. Also, they said they'd get some to Mike Bender, at least I think that was the name. Heard of him around here before but unsure of his stance on the issue.

I think Bender is more of a "need a permit to carry" type of guy, but I've only taken one of his classes, so I could be wrong.

IcrewUH60

see http://www.ppa-wi.com/?aim=instructors

he's a really nice guy and full of knowledge ( that's not a pic of him). I took his class he offers at gander mtn. he pushes licensing (Utah) and did not speak one word of Article I Sec. 25 until I brought it up at the end. I wanted to take his (paid) training courses but opt out of the Utah Permit -he advised against it. Not sure if we would make any progress on Constitutional Carry with him, but I could be wrong.

added on edit: of course anyone can see for themselves. he offers a free intro class on his website.

Last edited:

phred

A while back, I received an email from PPA, where I took some courses. The instructor writes:

Wisconsin’s principal concealed carry lobbyist, Jim Fendry, needs our help. Jim’s mission is to marshal people and events that will push a Wisconsin Personal Protection Act across the finish line in 2011.
To that end, Mr. Fendry invites Personal Protection Academy clients and other like-minded self-defense advocates to his Annual Benefit Banquet on December 20, 2010, a crucial fundraising event for our cause. In my opinion, there is simply no better way to make a difference in the effort to finally pass a good carry bill and protect our families.

When I asked if

Is Jim Fendry going to lobby for Concealed Carry or Constitutional Carry? There is a difference.

He replied
"Concealed Carry"

I replied to the instructor

Please view: www.wisconsinccw.org

WCI just announced that website to members today and ever since Arizona passed constitutional carry, and Texas and Utah will soon, Wisconsin gun owners realize constitution carry is likely and are solidly behind constitutional carry.

Smith and Wesson is a good example of what happens to businesses that don't support gun rights. With a republican assembly, senate, and governor, there is no need to compromise as Walker is ON RECORD saying he'll sign a simple repeal of 941.23. Given constitutional carry is well attainable with the 'republican hat-trick' in Madison, pushing for 'shall-issue' will REALLY be seen as a sell-out.

There are times when a compromise is a step forward. But its clear right now, in the face of broad support for constitutional carry, ADVOCATING for shall-issue is a sell out.

Please keep in mind that whatever gets passed, people who seek QUALITY advanced training will seek it from those who supported constitutional carry. I sought out my training from you and I have recommended others to you.

Also, Wisconsin Carry has already announced that IF a mandatory training requirement passes WCI will be holding MASSIVE FREE training seminars all across the state to get 10's of thousands of people trained without having to be forced by their government to patronize a private business. When WCI announced that free training, several instructors contacted WCI offering to volunteer their time to teach the course AND gun clubs offering free range time if there is a range/shooting qualification requirement.

Instructors who value their reputation will NOT want to be against constitutional carry.

Thanks for these considerations,

As I posted someplace before:
When I took training from PPA, the instructor said of open carry " it's like asking for a lead pipe to the back of your head". So the myth continues... He had no use for open carry and was in favor of only concealed carry.

btw, he did not respond to my last email to him.

oak1971

A while back, I received an email from PPA, where I took some courses. The instructor writes:

btw, he did not respond to my last email to him.

Well I guess we know where he stands. Too bad he's on the wrong side. Bad for him anyway.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
"Smith and Wesson is a good example of what happens to businesses that don't support gun rights."

Since S&W became American owned again it has gotten back to being a premier firearm producer. Now if it would get rid of the Clinton Hole.

For a paltry $15 Million Wisconsin investors could brought to our state a manufacturing company requiring skilled labor like that which existed in Milwaukee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson

Back to the thread topic: Anyone in Green, Lafayette, Iowa, Grant, Richland counties that would like to assist in flyer distribution PM me.

Last edited: