• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast 12/4, 8:00 AM

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Saturday, Sat. Dec 4th at 8:00 AM

River City Diner
Parham Rd & I-95...................
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]view map[/FONT]
803 East Parham Rd
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
804-266-1500
Richmond, VA 23227

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stop by before the gun show this week-end.

Also see the new thread on the unbelievable circumstances regarding the arrest of one of our own.
[/FONT]

Last edited:

kennys

Sorry, but I will be missing the next few, leaving in the early am for Florida, and will be on my drive home, next Sat. So far the new job is going great, but its a slight learning curve to some things I have to choke down quick. After a few weeks things should be at a better pace...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sorry, but I will be missing the next few, leaving in the early am for Florida, and will be on my drive home, next Sat. So far the new job is going great, but its a slight learning curve to some things I have to choke down quick. After a few weeks things should be at a better pace...

Check lists for trip: Gas money/credit cards, CHP permit(s), list of state laws on all states to be traveled. Remember no OC (certain exceptions) in Florida, not even printing.

Enjoy - we'll save you a place.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

No problem, we'll keep the coffee warm and aged Kenny. Glad the job's going well.:dude::dude:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Sorry, guys. I just rolled out of bed, so am not going to make it.

Staying up late is hard on us old folks.

stay safe.

riverrat10k

So, got up at 8:30 today----

---and found out y'all were eating breakfast early because of the gun show. Oh well. Next time.
Will be OC'ing all day anyway while shopping and running errands.Thread on Skid has me even more fired up than usual to OC (if that is possible).

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Pretty good show Curtis. I got a Backwoods custom holster for the new 629 and speed loaders, a Himalayan Imports Khukuri (What I consider the perfect utility knife).

I picked up an old S&W 32-20 in very good condition and a hundred new 32-20 cases and a military laptop backpack to haul camera's in. Gonna use that tomorrow for Williamsburg's Grand illumination.

Got some Surplus arctic gloves and liners to wear on my motorcycle.

curtiswr

Pretty good show Curtis. I got a Backwoods custom holster for the new 629 and speed loaders, a Himalayan Imports Khukuri (What I consider the perfect utility knife).

I picked up an old S&W 32-20 in very good condition and a hundred new 32-20 cases and a military laptop backpack to haul camera's in. Gonna use that tomorrow for Williamsburg's Grand illumination.

Got some Surplus arctic gloves and liners to wear on my motorcycle.

Sorry I missed y'all at the breakfast. Felt like a dirtbag for it when I woke up and realized it was 11:30. I got to the show around 12 and it was jam packed. I didn't find an Alaskan in .454 but I found one in .44 that was 60 less than at Green Top so I snatched it up along with some .44 Magnum ammo from Georgia Arms and some factory .44 Special from some other table. I got it from Bailey's. They had a Taurus Raging Bull snubbie (2 incher) in .454 Casull that was 20 dollars less but I was set on extending my Ruger family. Maybe next time... :lol:

I was thinking of checking out the Backwoods Leather table for a holster for the Alaskan, but figured if I didn't that it would give my girlfriend an idea for a Christmas present for me. I think I'm gonna go with Simply Rugged again or maybe a Galco.

IMG_3752.jpg

curtiswr

Yeah, Revolver Armorers had them. It was the last baggy of this size that they had though. I was hoping they would have some specialized Rugers but other than a GP100 they had mostly Smith's this go around.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Yeah, Revolver Armorers had them. It was the last baggy of this size that they had though. I was hoping they would have some specialized Rugers but other than a GP100 they had mostly Smith's this go around.

I guess I'd better order some more. I hate carrying speed loaders:(

curtiswr

I do too. I think I carried them once or twice then moved to the strips.

I got some stupid pouch thing to carry a speed strip in but I don't like that either. Find myself sliding them in my pocket most of the time. If you want to give it a try or have a use for it you can have it. It's this thing

I've been interested in trying these out but not really because it still holds the shape and therefore the annoyance of a speedloader.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I do too. I think I carried them once or twice then moved to the strips.

I got some stupid pouch thing to carry a speed strip in but I don't like that either. Find myself sliding them in my pocket most of the time. If you want to give it a try or have a use for it you can have it. It's this thing

I've been interested in trying these out but not really because it still holds the shape and therefore the annoyance of a speedloader.

Thanks for the offer, but no thanks! I have a drawer full of holders...and I hate them all.

I have a couple of speed strips that date back to the early 80's but I now have 11 44's. I'll just order a few of the strips.

If you want to try that Alaskan with some Hard Cast Keith bullets, let me know. I just cast 1000 and tempered this batch. Most of my 44's (Mag and Spl) love them with a healthy dose of 2400.