• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

** Legal Defense fund for Skidmark **

vt357

Holy Cow! Step away from the forum for a week or two and looks what happens!

Skid you've done so much for the community the past few years, from showing up for everybody all over the state to helping out with Dan's defense fund. I'm glad to see everyone stepping up to return the favor.

Paypal sent. Give 'em hell!

darthmord

I'm still here.

I'm just overwhelmed by the support and encouragement that is flowing in.

As is standard, my attorney has advised me not to discuss any details unless vetted by him. Those that know me understand how difficult that is for me.

The other difficult thing for me to deal with is accepting your support and encouragement. I'm supposed to be the lean-on guy who will show up at a moment's notice with bucks I cannot afford to give away being thrust into someone else's hand, as well as a firm voice and strong (well, at least not feeble) arm.

What you are doing is going to ruin my reputation. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for that.

As for legal disabilities, there are none. But discretion, valor and all that may keep me away from some places.

stay safe.

Skid, we've got your back. My kids remember you from the trip to Norfolk City Council and the rubber stamp brigade. They call you the santa claus guy.

Class acts like yourself will never be forgotten.

PS: My toss-in has been sent in via PayPal. We take care of our own.

starlogva

Fight the good fight!

Just donated via Paypal. Wish it could've been more but I lost my job due to corporate reorganization and downsizing.

dave_in_delaware

I donated what I could afford. It wasn't much, but it was something. Please know that Skidmark has my full support, and that he's in my thoughts and prayers.

This thread's link was cross-posted on DELOC's forum, and I know other members are in full support as well.

Good luck Skidmark! Kick some butt in January!

Last edited:

WBrian

Shouldn't happen in America!

I sent in a little contribution. I hope it helps.

Best of luck,
Brian

INOV8TN

Freedom isn't Free

I am an out of state subscriber to the VCDL Alerts.

We all know that Freedom isn't free.

Thanks, Skidmark. What you are doing has monetary and personal costs.

I've made a small contribution after reading the Alert.

I'll keep you in my prayers for the other costs.

Hope this helps.

Strelok

Coolman

Check going snailmail. Is this General District or Circuit court and what time?

We got your back Skid!

swinokur

Activist Member
What is the current thinking on attending court of Jan 4th? There was a post saying it would be better not to go and then one taking a counter position.

I will attend if I can ascertain what the current status is.

Thanks

AtackDuck

I'll support those, that support us!

This came to me by email from Ray Cory, owner of http://www.Lobogunleather.com - I'd ordered a couple of holsters from him, recently, but here's his response regarding my having sent him a check to pay for what I'd ordered:

...So, I will look forward to hearing that your client prevails. When I send out your current order I will include your check, endorsed over to Skidmark's defense fund.

Please give Skidmark my best regards, along with encouragement from a retired police chief to stand firm on his rights. A lot of citizens are counting on Skidmark, and you, to make the right things happen.

Ray

So after reading this, I sat down and ordered a new holster and ammo pouch from Ray. I needed a Christmas present for my P239 anyway...

eye95

Coming up on 15,000 views in under four days! Here's hoping that skid has raised at least $1 per hit!

Feel the love, skid.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
^^

8 AM in General District Court January 4th, 2011.

Be prepared to sit & wait. As far as I know there are no snack or soda machines in the building, but truth be told I did not go looking.

stay safe.

Sheriff

My contribution at the present time will be my attorney's name to Skidmark when we get to that point (for the lawsuits of course).

At no time has my attorney lost any request, motion, ruling or lawsuit.... having represented me for the last 13 years against 3 police departments and 7 police officers so far.

Now, let me review what I have learned in this thread so far. Arrested, humilated and embarrassed beyond belief, with an offer of dropping all charges if Skidmark promises not to sue anybody involved? Yeah, my attorney would love this case!!!!