• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

** Legal Defense fund for Skidmark **

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Appreciate the outpouring of positive responses here. This is a community that really stands together.

I would ask one personal favor. There is one amongst us that would post replies and start threads implying great negativity about this event, questioning the veracity of the reports here and painting Skidmark in an unfavorable light. Please do NOT respond to these very obvious attempts to distract and divide us.

In fact, it would please me greatly if no one replied/responded this post on the subject. I will not block the individual because he bears watching, but I will shun him.

Last edited:

kwikrnu

Banned
I would ask one personal favor. There is one amongst us that would post replies and start threads implying great negativity about this event, questioning the veracity of the reports here and painting Skidmark in an unfavorable light. Please do NOT respond to these very obvious attempts to distract and divide us.

In fact, it would please me greatly if no one replied/responded this post on the subject. I will not block the individual because he bears watching, but I will shun him.

I've posted nothing you have not. Skidmark has been arrested and charged with a crime. He went to jail and had to put up bond. From your post the prosecutor says he felt threatened and that Paul Henick not only threatened with his finger, but also directed racial comments to the security guards. I don't know the guy, but I'll reserve judgment until after the trial.

It isn't an attempt to divide or distract. It is an attempt to get to the truth. Paul Henick aka skidmark refuses to talk about the confrontation where it is alleged he threatened security guards. The alleged threatening behavior is what led to the charges being filed. I wonder if he'll be charged with a hate crime because of the recent allegations of racial remarks.

wry762

I posted the link in General Discussion and the VA Hometown forums on AR15.com.

I'll send some $ when I get paid later this week.

Hang in there, Skidmark. We're all pulling for you.

-Warren-

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Appreciate the outpouring of positive responses here. This is a community that really stands together.

What's the count up to now Grape?
I don't recall ever seeing such a positive and supportive response.

BTW, I hope the Admins know just how nice the IGNORE feature is. Kinda like putting Tinkerbell in a soundproof box:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
What's the count up to now Grape?
I don't recall ever seeing such a positive and supportive response.

BTW, I hope the Admins know just how nice the IGNORE feature is. Kinda like putting Tinkerbell in a soundproof box:lol:

We have had over 11,000 hits on this thead in just 75 hours (3days) and I've been awake most of them.

Funds are being received at a brisk pace from PayPal. Have about 1/2 of what is initially needed. Don't see any signs of this slowing down yet either.

sultan62

We have had over 11,000 hits on this thead in just 75 hours (3days) and I've been awake most of them.

Funds are being received at a brisk pace from PayPal. Have about 1/2 of what is initially needed. Don't see any signs of this slowing down yet either.

I'd imagine there are plenty others like me who are simply waiting for the next paycheck, so there should be a boost around Friday, I'd guess.

CenTex

Bag lunch.

Amen!
Sack Lunches, OCers.

Edit: I agree with another poster, if there are businesses who support gun rights, especially OC, there is no need to shun "them.
" I sure wish I could make it. Too far away.

Last edited:

paramedic70002

Securiguard has to be VA DCJS certified and its security officers likewise. VA Code 9.1-139 will explain that it greater detail.

That being said... After the trial in the fullness of time, a barrage of emails and letters to the VA DCJS about finding a new security company may be a 2011 action item. User would be able to the go ahead as to the proper time (post trial definitely).

There was a news item a couple years ago about them. They were hired to prevent any problems, of which there had been NONE. Since their hiring, the only problems have been CAUSED by them. IIRC one was a fist fight.

fully_armed_biker

I am the Admiral of that boat!

I guess that would make me first mate on that boat!

I'd also like to think that maybe after the 25th, when all Christmas shopping is done and accounted for, you may also see a surge in contributions.

If not for the fact that I just started a new job Nov 22 (Same job, just not a contractor anymore) and have a big fat goose egg leave balance, I'd be there on the fourth too!

Thundar

I've posted nothing you have not. Skidmark has been arrested and charged with a crime. He went to jail and had to put up bond. From your post the prosecutor says he felt threatened and that Paul Henick not only threatened with his finger, but also directed racial comments to the security guards. I don't know the guy, but I'll reserve judgment until after the trial.

Kwik,

Take a deep breath and let it go. DO NOT let the dark side consume you. You do not want to be mentioned in the same breath as Hank T or LEO 229!