Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virginia OC man arrested for brandishing & obstruction of justice for fingerpointing

Virginia OC man arrested for brandishing & obstruction of justice for fingerpointing

Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    If you haven't read the link User provided above, please do so. It is a travesty, a real shocker, an eye opener - provide your own duct tape before reading.

Most particularly Skidmark needs your support.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-03-2010 at 09:47 PM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I can't see this coming out any way BUT in Skidmark's favor BUT, seeing as this is baseless and flagrantly illegal on it's very face, who is to say he isn't up against a stacked deck, and he is.

Skidmark is nobodies fool and knows his stuff. Him, along with a good 2A lawyer SHOULD be able to walk away from this with a clean record and a fist full of dollars in his pocket is you ask me!

Man but this kind of stuff ticks me off to no end! It's as bad as when I was hit from behind on the interstate by a tailgater and _I_ was the only one charged in the wreck and it was for Reckless driving! The judge threw it out in less than a minute but I still had to sweat bullets and pay big bucks for a good lawyer because of a Lazy, Lying VA State Trooper and a lying aggressive driver.
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Wow. Hope all turns out good for him. No offense but it looks like i'm not going to VA next year. Marking it off my list.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hogeater f6 View Post
    Wow. Hope all turns out good for him. No offense but it looks like i'm not going to VA next year. Marking it off my list.....
    One incident by a rogue officer and a couple of security contractors is no reason to avoid the entire State. Virginia is still one of the 2A-friendliest States around.

Quote Originally Posted by hogeater f6 View Post
    The rest of the state is still a great site for tourists and sight seeing, but for now I would stay away from Surry and the VDOT ferry......and they say the ferry ride is free.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

I'm heartbroken that the mistake made was stopping and engaging the supervisor in a conversation when he should have hit the turn-around and just left, then contact the local LEOs himself.

Now, it appears as though (from the legal fund thread) that he's going to be the unjust victim of the system. That is unless some BIG entities step in.

Quote Originally Posted by REALteach4u View Post
    I'm heartbroken that the mistake made was stopping and engaging the supervisor in a conversation when he should have hit the turn-around and just left, then contact the local LEOs himself.
    I am sure there are details that have not been made public.

Now, it appears as though (from the legal fund thread) that he's going to be the unjust victim of the system. That is unless some BIG entities step in.
    Suppose that there is always "hope," but that is not one of my favorite words any longer.

They played their hand, now we get to shuffle the deck and redeal 'em - and we are looking for at least a straight flush. Pun intended.

I spoke with Skidmark earlier today and he is bursting at the seems to talk to us guys BUT, it is in his best interest NOT to do so AT THIS TIME. Please don't pressure him off-line for any juicy details... it's just cruel guys.

His exact words:

Quote Originally Posted by Skidmark
    I do not have the words to express my gratitude for the support and encouragement that folks are giving, just within the few hours the news has been made public.

I wish I could say something - anything - about even that, but "on the advice of my attorney ...." - not even my t-shirt has anything we can say.

One favor you could do is let folks know that I am aware of their support but am bound by both my attorney's instructions and discretion to keep my mouth shut. And you know how hard that will be for me.

stay safe.
    Last edited by HeroHog; 12-04-2010 at 03:51 AM.
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Banned

Thumbs down

My opinion is he should not have threatened the cops/guards with his finger, especially while carrying a gun. I think I read he got out of his car and did this which if true wasn't a smart move. As to the truthfulness we don't know but there were at least two guards who say he acted badly and charges were filed against him. Skid should have left the attitude and finger pointing at home if he was in fact pointing and arguing. He should of had an audio recorder or at a minimum called porcupine 411 system, 1-571-482-1411, for a record of the altercation.

The cops did not arrest him for open carry. They appear to have arrested him for perceived threats.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    One incident by a rogue officer and a couple of security contractors is no reason to avoid the entire State. Virginia is still one of the 2A-friendliest States around.
    Thank you and yes, we are. This incident is why so many of us are up in arms over it. It's somewhat rare and has appalled every Virginian on these forums, as well as our sister states.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by kwikrnu View Post
    My opinion is he should not have threatened the cops/guards with his finger, especially while carrying a gun. I think I read he got out of his car and did this which if true wasn't a smart move. As to the truthfulness we don't know but there were at least two guards who say he acted badly and charges were filed against him. Skid should have left the attitude and finger pointing at home if he was in fact pointing and arguing. He should of had an audio recorder or at a minimum called porcupine 411 system, 1-571-482-1411, for a record of the altercation.

The cops did not arrest him for open carry. They appear to have arrested him for perceived threats.
    Since this is an active case in litigation, may I respectfully request that we not try to dissect what might or might not have happened that caused his arrest and being charged. There will be plenty of time for this kind of introspection after the case is adjudicated. For now, IMHO, the best course for us is to offer our moral -- and if possible -- our financial support to one of the best, most positive and knowledgeable members of this forum.

Banned

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    Since this is an active case in litigation, may I respectfully request that we not try to dissect what might or might not have happened that caused his arrest and being charged. There will be plenty of time for this kind of introspection after the case is adjudicated. For now, IMHO, the best course for us is to offer our moral -- and if possible -- our financial support to one of the best, most positive and knowledgeable members of this forum.
    I disagree, there is a thread for donations and support, this is not that thread. Does skid have something to hide? If he is innocent why not come forward with his story? Facts seem to be plain, he pointed his finger and argued with guards while he was armed. The guards felt threatened by skid's actions. He was arrested by numerous cops. He was charged. A judge found probable cause and required bond. The totality of the circumstances seem to warrant an arrest.

As I stated previously this is not a case of someone being harrassed because he open carried. This seems to be a case where someone who was open carrying threatened a couple of guards. Yes, we don't know the whole story, but that is Skid's decision. We do know there was a confrontation, where skid was argumentative, skid was arrested, skid was charged, and a judge found probable cause which warranted bail.

A couple of people in WA recently found themselves in similar situations. One was convicted and the other took a plea deal.

Banned

You're kidding, right? YOU are chastising someone for being indiscreet???

I've seen everything. You'll notice that I am donating to skidmark's defense fund, but would never consider giving you one thin dime. I respect skidmark and his rationality.
    Last edited by eye95; 12-04-2010 at 08:46 AM.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    I disagree, there is a thread for donations and support, this is not that thread. Does skid have something to hide? If he is innocent why not come forward with his story? Facts seem to be plain, he pointed his finger and argued with guards while he was armed. The guards felt threatened by skid's actions. He was arrested by numerous cops. He was charged. A judge found probable cause and required bond. The totality of the circumstances seem to warrant an arrest.

As I stated previously this is not a case of someone being harrassed because he open carried. This seems to be a case where someone who was open carrying threatened a couple of guards. Yes, we don't know the whole story, but that is Skid's decision. We do know there was a confrontation, where skid was argumentative, skid was arrested, skid was charged, and a judge found probable cause which warranted bail.

A couple of people in WA recently found themselves in similar situations. One was convicted and the other took a plea deal.
    The difference is that this is an active case and his attorney has counseled him NOT to discuss the details of the incident. Please respect this situation and let's all hold the dissection until after the case is adjudicated.
    Last edited by JamesCanby; 12-04-2010 at 11:42 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    The difference is that this is an active case and his attorney has counseled him NOT to discuss the details of the incident. Please respect situation and let's all hold the dissection until after the case is adjudicated.
    I'm not bound by his attorney not to discuss the criminal charges skid is faced with. The facts as we know them to be at this moment are he was armed, pointed his finger and argued with guards, they felt threatened, skid was released from the detention, charges were filed, skid was arrested, judge set bond after probable cause was found. Is any of that wrong? It appears that cops and a judge believe skid broke the law.

This is not about open carry, it is about criminal activity.

Banned

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    You're kidding, right? YOU are chastising someone for being indiscreet???

I've seen everything. You'll notice that I am donating to skidmark's defense fund, but would never consider giving you one thin dime. I respect skidmark and his rationality.
    I don't point fingers or threaten people, and I didn't ask for any money.

Give as much as you can i'm sure he is going to need it. remember this is not only about open carry. It is about threatening while carrying a deadly weapon.

Banned

Give as much as you can i'm sure he is going to need it. remember this is not only about open carry. It is about threatening while carrying a deadly weapon.
    You know what? I find your totally irrational accusation that skidmark was "threatening" folks to be patently offensive. I think you are just stirring the pot here. You should be ashamed.

I am ashamed for having responded to you, giving you yet another chance to post your despicable drivel. Moving on (now in the newly developed hope that you are soon booted from the site. Congratulations on changing my mind on that issue.)

Mods, I hope you edit this distraction out of the thread. If you feel the need to preserve what was said here, may I suggest you split the thread into two. However, if you choose to flat-out delete the other person's posts, you will get no objection from me if you summarily dispose of mine too.

I give up. I am done with this person. Even talking to him harms the cause OC.
    Last edited by eye95; 12-04-2010 at 09:31 AM.

Why don't you go **** on someone else's thread. Last I saw, a pointed finger isn't a threat...and given what we do know now...it's only contempt of cop....None of us were there, so anything more than what was posted in the original thread is speculative and unhelpful.

Neither of The Criminal Charges are Credible, and both are Blantly Illegal.

You guys need to understand what "kwikrnu" is doing here...

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/tag/kwikrnu/

Hasn't anyone else noticed that his attitude on this forum changed DRAMATICALLY after he had his TN HCP revoked? He went from being all gung-ho, publicly confrontational in his speech, and bordering on a cop-basher--and almost overnight, did a 180, and now only posts pro-LEO, pro-restrictive law, almost anti-2A comments.

He's attempting to "throw chaff" into his online "virtual vapor trail", so that when he has future cases against weird, unlawful, or restrictive laws, the prosecutors can't use his comments against him.

Even if nobody else here "gets it", kwik, I do. I don't particularly agree with your plan, your tactics, or your agenda, but I sure as hell appreciate your finely-tuned grasp of the absurd, your surrealistic manipulation of your online persona, and the fact that you are willing to lose everything to prove a point.

If he leaves a trail of anti-2A, pro-restrictive law commentary, future prosecutions will have no "paper trail" to use against him--only the facts of the case. And as much as you might disagree with his oddball tactics, confrontational attitudes, and LEO-baiting activities, it's actually quite the clever tactic.

He's using the surreal nature of "online reality" to throw confetti and cream pies in the face of the legal system.

It's not elegant. It's not particularly subtle. It's CERTAINLY not politically correct.

But it IS a delightfully insightful commentary on the ephemeral nature of "online reality", the nature of our judicial system, and their willingness to use ANYTHING YOU SAY against you in a case.

I don't personally agree with the tactics of his one-man crusade, but I will give him "props" for attempting to "play the legal system" and expose it for the corrupt, bloodthirsty, back-stabbing monster that it has become.

I mean, really. He's even registered the domain name for "kwikrnu.com" with NetworkSolutions...

http://whois.domaintools.com/kwikrnu.com

So don't take anything he says as being reflective of what he REALLY believes. He's just "sprinkling cayanne pepper powder" on his trail to throw the bloodhounds off his scent...

Ultimately, I think his "victories" will cause more harm than good to the larger movement of restoring 2A rights nationwide. But he's a "man on a mission", and you certainly can't deny that he is singularly dedicated to his agenda, and willing to take a LOT of heat to prove his point.

As an "activist", I couldn't disagree with him more.

But as an artist, I TOTALLY dig his grasp of the absurd, his willingness to "step over the line", and his devotion to giving the judicial system ample opportunity to expose itself for the elitist, nonsensical, and outright corrupt institution it has become in this country...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 12-04-2010 at 03:44 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    He should of had an audio recorder or at a minimum called porcupine 411 system, 1-571-482-1411, for a record of the altercation.
    More info: http://nova.porcupine411.com/
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

I've typically agreed with you more than many in the past, but your comments here are ridiculous. What is it exactly that he did that was threatening?

I don't know if you're just trolling or if Dreamer's theory is right. I'm tempted to agree with Dreamer because, as he pointed out, you made a complete change around the time your carry permit was revoked.

Oh, also-show me where skidmark asked for money. We aren't supporting him because he asked, but because we value his input and are appalled at what happened.
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

Banned
    Exactly. People will rally to support skidmark whether he asks or not.

He is respected.

Who are the Other Players?

Surry County Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald Poindexter (a part-time position) and Surry County Sheriff Alvin Clayton, Sr are no doubt making decisions to prosecute Skid's case, but at whose urging? IIRC, neither of them was eager to prosecute Michael Vick. Has some sort of BOLO with the names (or photos) of VCDL members been compiled and placed in circulation among LEAs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast