• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia OC man arrested for brandishing & obstruction of justice for fingerpointing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If you haven't read the link User provided above, please do so. It is a travesty, a real shocker, an eye opener - provide your own duct tape before reading. :eek:

Most particularly Skidmark needs your support.

Last edited:

HeroHog

I can't see this coming out any way BUT in Skidmark's favor BUT, seeing as this is baseless and flagrantly illegal on it's very face, who is to say he isn't up against a stacked deck, and he is.

Skidmark is nobodies fool and knows his stuff. Him, along with a good 2A lawyer SHOULD be able to walk away from this with a clean record and a fist full of dollars in his pocket is you ask me!

Man but this kind of stuff ticks me off to no end! It's as bad as when I was hit from behind on the interstate by a tailgater and _I_ was the only one charged in the wreck and it was for Reckless driving! The judge threw it out in less than a minute but I still had to sweat bullets and pay big bucks for a good lawyer because of a Lazy, Lying VA State Trooper and a lying aggressive driver. :cuss:

hogeaterf6

Wow. Hope all turns out good for him. No offense but it looks like i'm not going to VA next year. Marking it off my list.....

eye95

Wow. Hope all turns out good for him. No offense but it looks like i'm not going to VA next year. Marking it off my list.....

One incident by a rogue officer and a couple of security contractors is no reason to avoid the entire State. Virginia is still one of the 2A-friendliest States around.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

The rest of the state is still a great site for tourists and sight seeing, but for now I would stay away from Surry and the VDOT ferry......and they say the ferry ride is free. :uhoh:

REALteach4u

I'm heartbroken that the mistake made was stopping and engaging the supervisor in a conversation when he should have hit the turn-around and just left, then contact the local LEOs himself.

Now, it appears as though (from the legal fund thread) that he's going to be the unjust victim of the system. That is unless some BIG entities step in.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'm heartbroken that the mistake made was stopping and engaging the supervisor in a conversation when he should have hit the turn-around and just left, then contact the local LEOs himself.

I am sure there are details that have not been made public.

Now, it appears as though (from the legal fund thread) that he's going to be the unjust victim of the system. That is unless some BIG entities step in.

Suppose that there is always "hope," but that is not one of my favorite words any longer.

They played their hand, now we get to shuffle the deck and redeal 'em - and we are looking for at least a straight flush. Pun intended.

HeroHog

I spoke with Skidmark earlier today and he is bursting at the seems to talk to us guys BUT, it is in his best interest NOT to do so AT THIS TIME. Please don't pressure him off-line for any juicy details... it's just cruel guys. ;)

His exact words:

Skidmark said:
I do not have the words to express my gratitude for the support and encouragement that folks are giving, just within the few hours the news has been made public.

I wish I could say something - anything - about even that, but "on the advice of my attorney ...." - not even my t-shirt has anything we can say.

One favor you could do is let folks know that I am aware of their support but am bound by both my attorney's instructions and discretion to keep my mouth shut. And you know how hard that will be for me.

stay safe.

Last edited:

kwikrnu

Banned
My opinion is he should not have threatened the cops/guards with his finger, especially while carrying a gun. I think I read he got out of his car and did this which if true wasn't a smart move. As to the truthfulness we don't know but there were at least two guards who say he acted badly and charges were filed against him. Skid should have left the attitude and finger pointing at home if he was in fact pointing and arguing. He should of had an audio recorder or at a minimum called porcupine 411 system, 1-571-482-1411, for a record of the altercation.

The cops did not arrest him for open carry. They appear to have arrested him for perceived threats.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
One incident by a rogue officer and a couple of security contractors is no reason to avoid the entire State. Virginia is still one of the 2A-friendliest States around.

Thank you and yes, we are. This incident is why so many of us are up in arms over it. It's somewhat rare and has appalled every Virginian on these forums, as well as our sister states.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
My opinion is he should not have threatened the cops/guards with his finger, especially while carrying a gun. I think I read he got out of his car and did this which if true wasn't a smart move. As to the truthfulness we don't know but there were at least two guards who say he acted badly and charges were filed against him. Skid should have left the attitude and finger pointing at home if he was in fact pointing and arguing. He should of had an audio recorder or at a minimum called porcupine 411 system, 1-571-482-1411, for a record of the altercation.

The cops did not arrest him for open carry. They appear to have arrested him for perceived threats.

Since this is an active case in litigation, may I respectfully request that we not try to dissect what might or might not have happened that caused his arrest and being charged. There will be plenty of time for this kind of introspection after the case is adjudicated. For now, IMHO, the best course for us is to offer our moral -- and if possible -- our financial support to one of the best, most positive and knowledgeable members of this forum.

kwikrnu

Banned
Since this is an active case in litigation, may I respectfully request that we not try to dissect what might or might not have happened that caused his arrest and being charged. There will be plenty of time for this kind of introspection after the case is adjudicated. For now, IMHO, the best course for us is to offer our moral -- and if possible -- our financial support to one of the best, most positive and knowledgeable members of this forum.

I disagree, there is a thread for donations and support, this is not that thread. Does skid have something to hide? If he is innocent why not come forward with his story? Facts seem to be plain, he pointed his finger and argued with guards while he was armed. The guards felt threatened by skid's actions. He was arrested by numerous cops. He was charged. A judge found probable cause and required bond. The totality of the circumstances seem to warrant an arrest.

As I stated previously this is not a case of someone being harrassed because he open carried. This seems to be a case where someone who was open carrying threatened a couple of guards. Yes, we don't know the whole story, but that is Skid's decision. We do know there was a confrontation, where skid was argumentative, skid was arrested, skid was charged, and a judge found probable cause which warranted bail.

A couple of people in WA recently found themselves in similar situations. One was convicted and the other took a plea deal.

eye95

You're kidding, right? YOU are chastising someone for being indiscreet???

I've seen everything. You'll notice that I am donating to skidmark's defense fund, but would never consider giving you one thin dime. I respect skidmark and his rationality.

Last edited:

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
I disagree, there is a thread for donations and support, this is not that thread. Does skid have something to hide? If he is innocent why not come forward with his story? Facts seem to be plain, he pointed his finger and argued with guards while he was armed. The guards felt threatened by skid's actions. He was arrested by numerous cops. He was charged. A judge found probable cause and required bond. The totality of the circumstances seem to warrant an arrest.

As I stated previously this is not a case of someone being harrassed because he open carried. This seems to be a case where someone who was open carrying threatened a couple of guards. Yes, we don't know the whole story, but that is Skid's decision. We do know there was a confrontation, where skid was argumentative, skid was arrested, skid was charged, and a judge found probable cause which warranted bail.

A couple of people in WA recently found themselves in similar situations. One was convicted and the other took a plea deal.

The difference is that this is an active case and his attorney has counseled him NOT to discuss the details of the incident. Please respect this situation and let's all hold the dissection until after the case is adjudicated.

Last edited:

kwikrnu

Banned
The difference is that this is an active case and his attorney has counseled him NOT to discuss the details of the incident. Please respect situation and let's all hold the dissection until after the case is adjudicated.

I'm not bound by his attorney not to discuss the criminal charges skid is faced with. The facts as we know them to be at this moment are he was armed, pointed his finger and argued with guards, they felt threatened, skid was released from the detention, charges were filed, skid was arrested, judge set bond after probable cause was found. Is any of that wrong? It appears that cops and a judge believe skid broke the law.

This is not about open carry, it is about criminal activity.

kwikrnu

Banned
You're kidding, right? YOU are chastising someone for being indiscreet???

I've seen everything. You'll notice that I am donating to skidmark's defense fund, but would never consider giving you one thin dime. I respect skidmark and his rationality.

I don't point fingers or threaten people, and I didn't ask for any money. :)

Give as much as you can i'm sure he is going to need it. remember this is not only about open carry. It is about threatening while carrying a deadly weapon.

eye95

Give as much as you can i'm sure he is going to need it. remember this is not only about open carry. It is about threatening while carrying a deadly weapon.

You know what? I find your totally irrational accusation that skidmark was "threatening" folks to be patently offensive. I think you are just stirring the pot here. You should be ashamed.

I am ashamed for having responded to you, giving you yet another chance to post your despicable drivel. Moving on (now in the newly developed hope that you are soon booted from the site. Congratulations on changing my mind on that issue.)

Mods, I hope you edit this distraction out of the thread. If you feel the need to preserve what was said here, may I suggest you split the thread into two. However, if you choose to flat-out delete the other person's posts, you will get no objection from me if you summarily dispose of mine too.

I give up. I am done with this person. Even talking to him harms the cause OC.

Last edited:

SIGguy229

Why don't you go **** on someone else's thread. Last I saw, a pointed finger isn't a threat...and given what we do know now...it's only contempt of cop....None of us were there, so anything more than what was posted in the original thread is speculative and unhelpful.

aadvark

Neither of The Criminal Charges are Credible, and both are Blantly Illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.