Thread: Asked to Disarm at Kernersville CiCi's

Asked to Disarm at Kernersville CiCi's

I took the family to Triad Baptist Church for our Annual Christmas Presentation and then afterwards the kids were begging to go to CiCi's for dinner. Of course I gave in. So we walk in, order, pay, then start to proceed to get our food. I, of course, was OC'ing. They must of been starving because they had their food and drink and was already sitting to eat while I was fixing my plate. During this time the Manager named Jimmy, walked up and said "Since this is a family restaurant, would you mind putting that in your car". I looked at him, looked at my family eating, and then just stared at him for a minute. I almost expressed my point and asked for a refund but didn't because the kids had their hearts set on eating there. I told him to get me the information for Corporate while I was putting my firearm in my truck. When I came in he was still on the phone, I guess with his boss, and they were having a very lengthy conversation. He kept saying No. I could only guess what his boss was asking him. Once he finished, he gave me the information and I told him that I was very disappointed in how this was going and how it was going to conclude. Went and sat down with the family to eat.

I told my wife that it was a good thing that we had just came from church or our conversation would of lasted a little longer. I did think that CiCi's in Kernersville would be a good place to have an OC Meetup, since there in nothing prohibiting weapons posted and this was just on the opinion of an employee.

I will be contacting Corporate very soon and will keep this updated as it progresses.
    "God, Guns, & Guts Made America, Lets Use All 3!!!"

Disapointing to see an employee putting his views above your rights (as a paying customer at that) but it sounds as you handeled it in the best way. Id love to hear what corp has to say on this. Id drive to K-Vegas to Ci-CI's for a meetup and Im lactose intolerent
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"A government that is big enough to give you everything you need is beg enough to take everything you have, the course of history shows that as government incresses - liberty decreases."

LEGAL NOTICE: I am not a lawyer, no content in the above post should considered legal advice

From other threads, CiCi's is franchised. And the franchise owner gets to make that call. Basically, corporate has no rule and lets the owner choose. Seems pretty hit or miss with them. I think there was a similar issue in the Charlotte/Concord area. Good luck.

"They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

Adding it to Friend or Foe was the first thing I did.

Really bothered me that his excuse was because it is a family spot. But yet there were several hoodlums hanging around the games without the Mgr asking them to put themselves in their car because it is a family restaurant. We're supposed to leave our safety in the hands of him and his workers...I don't think so.

The worst part is that he waited until after you paid and the family was already tearing into their first plates. That kind of chicken play would be enough for me to complain (God I hate that word) to higher HQ. Of course I have no way to know if it was intentional on his part but still, that was just pure wrong.

Have you talked with the owner? The guy is a really nice guy, I didnt broach the subject of guns the last time I talked to him but we talked for over an hour. Heck of a nice guy and pretty conservative to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by mekender View Post
    Have you talked with the owner? The guy is a really nice guy, I didnt broach the subject of guns the last time I talked to him but we talked for over an hour. Heck of a nice guy and pretty conservative to boot.
    The owner of that specific location or way higher up than that? I haven't gotten a soul on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by smlawrence View Post
    The owner of that specific location or way higher up than that? I haven't gotten a soul on the phone.
    The guy that runs it... he and his wife are the owners.