• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WAVE posts an Un-American petition

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
WAVE is at it again, this time trying to get people to sign a petition that reads:

"A society that encourages its citizens to be armed is one that is choosing to shine a spotlight on the worst aspects of human nature - fear, distrust, hatred. That's not the kind of society I want for myself, my family or my friends.

Therefore, I am signing this petition as a show of my opposition to the state of Wisconsin allowing people to carry guns - openly or concealed - at banks, concert venues, daycare centers, grocery stores, parks, restaurants, sporting events, Summerfest or other festivals, taverns, and other public places."

http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5610/c/238/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=4751

Hmmm.... considering the Constitution protects the right to be armed, apparently the idea of armed citizens was not abhorrent to the founders of the United States and framers of the Constitution. I don't consider the American tradition of fear, distrust and hatred of tyrannical government to be one of the "worst aspects of human nature" but rather one of the best.

Mlutz

like all six of us corrupt any poll/survey we want

why isnt this as off topic as long gun carry is supposed to be

remember bonavia lurks here moderating her peculiar interests

Because it talks about open carry.

"I am signing this petition as a show of my opposition to the state of Wisconsin allowing people to carry guns - openly or concealed"

http://lonelymachines.org/tag/open-carry/ "This is the crux of the matter: (he) likes to be the center of attention. His hobbies include freaking out the squares, being stopped by the police and filing lawsuits.

Yep, this guy's a winner. Far from being alone, he's emblematic of the self-defeating caricature that is overtaking the open carry movement." so is this?

Tweety

Banned
Why is it WAVE can never back up their statements with Fact?

The pro-gun lobby would like you to believe that more guns in more places will increase personal safety and prevent crime. Neither is true. Research shows that allowing more people to carry guns in more places will lead to one thing -- more tragedies.
Citation Please!
Relative to other states, Wisconsin's violent crime rate and firearm death rate are much lower than average. It makes no sense to adopt the policies of states that have more crime, more violence and more gun deaths.
Again, Citation Please!
Yet, Scott Walker and our new legislators have indicated that they are ready to make it even easier for more people to carry guns in more places. Good grief!!
I kind of like this statement, it is the first statement I can say from WAVE that I actually agree with. And Good Grief is Right! It is about time!

It's not going to be easy, but we're ready to do everything we can to prevent them from doing this to our state.
Sounds to me like they already know they have lost the WAR!

Last edited:

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Sounds to me like they already know they have lost the WAR!

Yes, the number of people actively participating in the anti-gun movement seems to have dwindled tremendously over the past several years, and I think it's partially because finally there has been more positive pieces in the press--- not so much the national news but in local papers and TV around the country. The anti-gun people are sounding more desperate, still clinging to every isolated incident to try to scare the public.

WAVE's list of places they don't want people to be able to have guns could have been shortened to one word: everywhere.

What an intolerant and hate-filled little group of people! They have a dislike of American freedom and intolerance of dissenting opinions that would make the Taliban proud.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
like all six of us corrupt any poll/survey we want

why isnt this as off topic as long gun carry is supposed to be

remember bonavia lurks here moderating her peculiar interests

In her case its also her "pecuniary" interests. Sugar daddy Joyce Foundation is only going to keep the dollars flowing as long as Chicago styled gun laws look possible in Wisconsin.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
In her case its also her "pecuniary" interests. Sugar daddy Joyce Foundation is only going to keep the dollars flowing as long as Chicago styled gun laws look possible in Wisconsin.

Excellent point. She has to make it look like she's trying, even if she is preaching to a very small choir. A quartet perhaps?

Landose_theghost

WAVE's anti-gun flame keeps getting dimmer and dimmer as the days move on...

I swear... I want to slap the living S*** out of every member of the WAVE club. Them and the entire Brady campain. Too bad for them that more and more people are starting to wake up and are activly becoming pro-gun. Hell, I won't mention any names, but a friend of mine ( A lifetime anti mind you) just recently bought herself a nice Berreta 9mm. She said never again will she be a victim. Long story short she came home and after unloading her car, she went to her living room, watched a movie or two, got up to use the bathroom, and when she came back she seen that 2 men were trying to get out of the front door!!! I guess she sed she froze and didn't know what to do. Luckily the 2 cowards bolted after she ran to get her fone. And she sed what made her REALLY want to get a gun was due to the fact that she called 911, and sat there panicking with her kids (unnarmed) in a locked room for 30-45 minutes before the cops showed up. I'm not LE bashing btw, just stating the fact we all know, "When you're in trouble and seconds count,the police are just minutes away!".

Mlutz

Therefore, I am signing this petition as a show of my opposition to the state of Wisconsin allowing people to carry guns - openly or concealed - at banks, concert venues, daycare centers, grocery stores, parks, restaurants, sporting events, Summerfest or other festivals, taverns, and other public places."

We cannot carry at "restaurants" with a class b... "concert venues, sporting events, Summerfest or other festivals, taverns" with a class b... So that makes ZERO sense... Do they really think criminals wont carry concealed to commit crimes at banks or other public places? (Including the above mentioned.) The daycare center argument is ridiculous, it must be that there are children there... Because they can do a gun grab huh? I will say this, even my fobus holster would not let my firearm go with a large man pulling me off the ground... (The firearm was unloaded for safety.) So a small child would be able to grab it?

Carryon

Thanks, newer to WI and was not aware of them. Added them to my favorites list under anti-gun groups in my 2nd amendment folder.

Spartacus

Banned
My ex-wife has her law degree, lives in downtown Madison and is a WAVE supporter.

The funny thing is that she won't come out of her apartment at night and lives like a prisoner in her own home.

Sad funny, not ha-ha funny.

Last edited:

Touchdown

I friended / liked WAVE on Facebook, but, for some reason, can't comment on any or their postings. I "friended" them because I believe in knowing the ways of your enemy. In reading WAVE postings on Facebook, I cannot understand how these people can be so intolerant and bitter. I mean, some of their postings are just hateful.
And they call conservatives intolerant???

Like the Brady Bunch and VPC, WAVE uses twisted data to prove their assertions that Wisconsin will become the "wild west" when CCW legislation is passed. Cut me off in traffic? BANG! Take my parking space? BANG BANG!! Look at me the wrong way? Well, you get the idea. Total hysteria based upon disinformation and myths.

Anti-gun / anti-gun rights groups are becoming insignificant and are having less and less impact on legislation related to firearms and the Second Amendment on both state and federal levels (liberal bastions not included). They blame the "evil" NRA for all of this, while ignoring other national organizations like Second Amendment Foundation and Gun Owners of America, and state organizations like each state's OCDO, and groups like WI Carry, Inc.

I am excited about impending legislation aimed at expanding our rights under the Second Amendment and WI Constitution Section 1, art. 25.

Carry On!!

xd40arff

I see one problem here. WAVE has 1500ish followers on Facebook. We only have 690ish for WCI and only WI CCW only has 290ish. We need to recruit more people on FB I think....

AaronS

My ex-wife has her law degree, lives in downtown Madison and is a WAVE supporter.

The funny thing is that she won't come out of her apartment at night and lives like a prisoner in her own home.

Sad funny, not ha-ha funny.

Educated, and a wave supporter, that is sad, and funny at the same time... I think that is an oxymoron... I think...