• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meetup in STOCKTON Sat. 12-4-10 11am Panera Restaurant (Just off I-5 at 8 miles Road)

Livermoron

Hi All,

Just trying to help spread the word. MEETUP IN STOCKTON !!! Saturday 12-4-10...

11am at Panera Restaurant in Stockton. Just off I-5 at 8 Mile Road. Event Hosted by r1man (Ruben) of Modesto Open Carry. Hope to see you all there!

Carry On!

Livermoron

r1man

Thanks Livermoron, Just now Saw this....lol. Looks Like we will have 3 More Guys that will Soon be Open Carrying. Thanks For your help today Livermoron!

1245A Defender

well,,,,

i was going to come, but my time machine is on the fritz!

glad I am that i didnt write anything more stupidder than that!
I thought the timing looked cockeid, and i even double checked it in my head, twice!!
but in the end, i was sure that 1251 am was almost 2 hours after 11 am.
starting the day at midnight doesnt make as much sense as ending the day at midnight..
i still get confused over something this simple, weird since i understand the international date line thing.
just getting old and feeble minded i guess, yesterday i turned 58.
it wouldnt have happened if we all just used military time.
anyhoo just wanted to pad my post count, and waste some more of your time
with my drivel.

JJ

1245a Defender, I get confused with the clock on this Forum aswell!....LOL.

The clock on this forum is.......... Questionable.

I have seen posts' here that were 3 hours ahead of the actual time one minute, and then minutes later when I looked again the time was minus 3 hours what it had just been...... WTH??

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
There isnt anything wrong with the clock on the forum... unless your forum settings are not correct.

12:51am is 10 hours and 9 minutes before 11:00am on every clock.

11:00am is NOT 1 hour and 51 minutes after 12:51am. That would be pm.

CenTex

I've noticed that the time is different before I log in and after I log in. I have also noticed that the time can change if I reload a page I am reading. That time change, however, is rare.

OT
I think that 12am and 12pm ought to be the opposite. It is very confusing and illogical. You have 11:59am. We all know that is late morning. Followed by 12pm? That just doesn't make sense, at least to me. I understand the meaning of AM and PM. I just think a different method of defining the change from morning to afternoon should have been used to avoid confusion. If you see my following explanation, you may see why I would like 12am to follow 11:59am.

In our system of counting, the number 12 logically follows the number 11. So, why doesn't it follow it with the attached "am" in time?

One second after 12am, we would be into "after" noon, with 12am being "recognized" as noon. (See asterisk * below)

Therefore:
In my opinion, technically, noon is 12:00:00:05 (See Pendulum below)
One second after noon we would have 0:00:01pm.
One minute after noon we would have 0:01:00pm.
One hour after noon we would have 1:00:00pm.
Therefore, logically, in my thinking, midnight would be 12:00:00:05. (See Pendulum below)
Note: I have intentionally left out am and pm with the two times 12:00:00:05. This time represents neither am or pm. It is the break or gap between the two. (See "pendulum" below for my reasoning.)

What does AM and PM stand for?
The abbreviation am stands for ante meridiem which is Latin for “before mid day” and pm stands for post meridiem which is Latin for “after mid day.” This translates into the English form of “before noon” and “afternoon.”
http://wanttoknowit.com/what-does-am-and-pm-stand-for/

Pendulum

*After looking at the meaning for am and pm, it is my theory that true "mid day" or actual "noon" technically lies halfway between 12:00:00am and 0:00:01pm. It is like a pendulum swinging back and forth. At the end of a movement, whether moving right or left, there is a point that the pendulum completely stops and then starts going in the reverse direction. Therefore, like the pendulum, it is at that changing point "in time" that true "noon" lies between 12:00:00am and 0:00:01pm. Therefore, my 12:00:00:05 represents that stopping point between am and pm.

BTT

Last edited:

CenTex

glad I am that i didnt write anything more stupidder than that!
I thought the timing looked cockeid, and i even double checked it in my head, twice!!
but in the end, i was sure that 1251 am was almost 2 hours after 11 am.
starting the day at midnight doesnt make as much sense as ending the day at midnight..
i still get confused over something this simple, weird since i understand the international date line thing.
just getting old and feeble minded i guess, yesterday i turned 58.
it wouldnt have happened if we all just used military time.
anyhoo just wanted to pad my post count, and waste some more of your time
with my drivel.

1245ADefender,
I am all in favor of using military time. It removes all confusion. See my post above on AM and PM. That really is confusing. I looked up on the Internet what people thought when AM and PM were in the day, there is much confusion among the populace. Military time would remove that confusion...except for people who haven't learned to count beyond 12. :lol:

Last edited:

Iopencarry

1245ADefender,
. Military time would remove that confusion...except for people who haven't learned to count beyond 12. :lol:

I say lets go for it here. It would confuse the gun control lobby. They can not see the facts, lets alone count.
how many "Brady gun deaths per day"? 3? 9? 21?

depends on what made up 'report; they use.