• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chicago police see spike in cop killings, assaults

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Frankly, what do they expect? Set loose the dogs and eventually people get sick of being bitten. If they choose to be mortal enemies of The People, The People are going to do something about it. It's not about right or wrong, it's just a fact.

Daylen

they are just competing with Detroit for city with the most constrained law abiding citizenry and freest criminal population.

MKEgal

How does msnbc get away with publishing lies like that??

Everybody knows that guns aren't allowed in Chitcago outside of a person's house (even on the porch is illegal) unless held by a cop, and certainly a cop wouldn't shoot someone like that...

msnbc must be funded by the Brady Bunch, making up such sensationalist stories.

"I simply cannot understand how a person can have such a total disregard of life and for those who keep order on the streets..."
Um, maybe because they don't keep order, and in too many cases they're part of the problem?

"The criminal element sees there are fewer police officers out there," said Lt. Robert Weisskopf, head of the Chicago police lieutenants' union. "Criminals go where there's no pressure on them . . . and the easier it is, the more bold they will become."
Hey - he gets it!!! We need to keep that quote (in bold) handy for the "why do you carry" folks.

-

palerider116

19 year old robbery parolee gun owner advances 2A cause.

Frankly, what do they expect? Set loose the dogs and eventually people get sick of being bitten. If they choose to be mortal enemies of The People, The People are going to do something about it. It's not about right or wrong, it's just a fact.

He left behind a wife, a daughter, and three sons.

While you may have had terrible dealings with LE in the past, I'm willing to assume you didn't know this one from Adam.

There are many officers who uphold the law, abide by the Constitution and seek to make their communities a better place. Many of them have no part in your war against the People.

Yet I see no condemnation of the 19 year old on parole for robbery who just killed two people. Let's see where this logic takes us:

Killing cops = GOOD. 19 year old exercising his 2A rights while killing cops = BETTER.

Right is right, wrong is wrong, regardless of badge or profession.

palerider116

A man should be judged by his deeds. That's all I am trying to say.

We don't want a 19 year old robber/murderer to be the basis upon which gun owners are judged. LEO's don't want to be judged as a group on the actions of those who do wrong.

I don't care if its a LEO, the garbage man, a convenience store clerk or a soccer mom - unjustified homicide is wrong. A gun is a tool to preserve life and freedom.

Chicago is proof positive that gun control is flawed. If armed cops are targets of violent criminals, what chance does the unarmed citizen have? Citizens and police should have guns. A lot of guns. Until the citizenry (police are citizens too!) say "NO! We aren't going to bury another murdered defenseless person!", doomed social experiments like Chicago will continue to fester.

I am thankful that I live in VA. Its not perfect, but as OCDO shows, we got citizens who care and who want to make a difference. We got some bad LEO's, but we got a lot of good ones too. 2011 is a promising year.

sudden valley gunner

A man should be judged by his deeds. That's all I am trying to say.

We don't want a 19 year old robber/murderer to be the basis upon which gun owners are judged. LEO's don't want to be judged as a group on the actions of those who do wrong.

Except they continually cover up and put up the blue wall of protection around those doing wrong. Most other 19 year olds will condemn a murdering 19 year old, I see no cops condemning other cops when they don't respect your rights.

Matter-of-fact there is a whole culture of lying and perjury that is culturally accepted within the "justice" system. There is even a government report on it.

http://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/181241.pdf

Sadly we are no longer a free country....