Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC Handbook presented by CLSD, Inc.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

OC Handbook presented by CLSD, Inc.

CLSD, Inc. is very proud to announce the release of our Open Carry Handbook. It will be available on our website at http://www.citizensleaguesd.com/p/store.html

After the new year the book will also be available through Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.com (Date to be determined)

You can order the OC Handbook for $15.99, or for a limited time only you can receive a one year membership to CLSD, Inc. and the book for only $26 + $3 S&H This book is approximately 176 pages and is the most complete guide on open carry available today.

Visit the website for more details.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Generaldet; 12-17-2010 at 07:19 AM. Reason: updating anticipated release date

This is the one I wrote over the course of about 150+ hours and plenty more research time, with the help of many people here editing and proof reading. I don't wish to name anyone who helped, that's up to every person who did if they want it known. But I will say Generaldet has provided the most help of all in actually publishing it. Thanks everyone!

This book contains every law you would need to know to OC in Michigan, and every question you might want to know the answer to about OCing. A lot of people who know a lot about OCing have given it their utter approval. It was a painstaking effort to get every last detail right. It is a good reference for someone familiar with the laws, as well as a perfect starting point for a new comer.

I don't really ever wish to toot my own horn and demand recognition for stuff, so instead the author of this book is "R. B. Everett", which has a meaning to me which is similar to why the band Lynyrd Skynyrd named their band what they did.

It should also be mentioned that by contractual agreement, this book will only be used for fund raising for CLFSD and for other efforts to further gun rights. Fund raising for law suits is definitely on the table as well. This will NOT be an effort to make a personal profit. It is merely yet another attempt to further gun rights.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Well done, Michigander. I look forward to reading it.

I too look forward to reading it! I have seen a draft and can say it is a well thought out book!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Here is the table of contents for the book, it's really quite extensive. Thanks to those of you who have placed your orders so far!

FOREWORD
    THANK YOU
    THE FOUR RULES OF GUN SAFETY

Chapter 1
    HISTORY OF MODERN OPEN CARRY IN MICHIGAN

Chapter 2
    YOUR RIGHTS UNDER STATE AND FEDERAL LAW

Chapter 3
    OPEN CARRY WITHOUT A CONCEALED PISTOL LICENSE
    TRANSPORT OF HANDGUNS, NON-CPL HOLDERS

Chapter 4
    OPEN CARRY WITH A CPL

Chapter 5
    NON RESIDENT CARRY
    NON-RESIDENT LICENSES TO CARRY CONCEALED HELD BY MICHIGAN RESIDENTS

Chapter 6
    BRANDISHING, DISORDERLY CONDUCT AND DISTURBING THE PEACE?

Chapter 7
    CARRYING A QUALITY HANDGUN
    USING A QUALITY HOLSTER
    GUN BELTS AND KEEPERS

Chapter 8
    CARRYING LONG GUNS
    TRANSPORTING LONG GUNS

Chapter 9
    STATE PARKS, STATE LAND, NATIONAL PARKS AND NATIONAL FORESTS

Chapter 10
    OTHER WEAPONS
    NFA WEAPONS

Chapter 11
    WHY OPEN CARRY?
    PRESENTING A GOOD PUBLIC IMAGE AS AN OPEN CARRIER

Chapter 12
    HANDLING HOSTILE POLICE INTERACTIONS WHILE OPEN CARRYING
    DRAFTING THE IDEAL FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT (FOIA) REQUEST
    REPORTING UNLAWFUL LEIN ACCESS
    COLOR OF LAW COMPLAINTS TO THE FBI
    PISTOL CARRYING LEGALITY QUIZ
    RECCOMENDED SHOOTING INSTRUCTORS AND LAWYERS

Chapter 13
    APPENDIX A: STATE LAWS
    APPENDIX B: ATTORNEY GENERAL OPINIONS
    APPENDIX C: STATE LAWS NOT SPECIFICALLY REGARDING FIREARMS
    APPENDIX D: CASE LAW
    APPENDIX E: FEDERAL LAWS
    APPENDIX INDEX
    CONDUCTING FURTHER RESEARCH

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    This is a great reference book on Michigan firearm laws with an emphasis on OC. A must have and a great book for the car.
    Last edited by Venator; 12-07-2010 at 01:03 PM.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    This is a great reference book on Michigan firearm laws with an emphasis on OC. A must have and a great book for the car.
    +1. I read an early version of this book, and it really helped me get a handle on all the intricate/convoluted/assinine aspects of Michigan Law. I looked at it before I started OCing, and I definitely felt like it gave me a very good idea about what I was getting myself into, as well .

The book should be out in the next few days, It will be available through our website as well as any future events.

Also, we are pleased to announce that Gander Mountain stores will stock the book on their shelves and we are close to finishing talks with other retailers who wish to carry the OC Handbook!!

To those who have already ordered their copies, we expect to have them in stock soon. We will email you when your book has shipped.

Thank you!!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    I don't really ever wish to toot my own horn and demand recognition for stuff, so instead the author of this book is "R. B. Everett", which has a meaning to me which is similar to why the band Lynyrd Skynyrd named their band what they did.

I thought you would use Mitch E. Gander.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

The Open Carry Handbook is NOW AVAILABLE!!!! The initial order has been placed and those who have already ordered their copy will receive an email as soon as they are received and shipped out.

Here is a link for ordering information
    http://www.citizensleaguesd.com/p/store.html

Thank you to those of you who have ordered, we will get your copy to you asap!

The OC Handbook will now be available at Jay's Sporting Goods!!! We are excited to partner with Jay's and offer the OC book on their shelves. If you live near Jay's they should be available to you shortly.

Just ordered mine, can't wait!

Thank you. I think you will really enjoy it. It has a ton of great information!

Not a problem! I'm looking forward to receiving it, and sharing it with my dad, who is fearful of me OC'ing. He only CC, and is trying to push me to only do the same, I understand him 100%, because he doesn't want me to get hurt, and I plan on sharing all the information I learn! Helping out a good cause!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CarlottaValdez View Post
    +1. I read an early version of this book, and it really helped me get a handle on all the intricate/convoluted/assinine aspects of Michigan Law. I looked at it before I started OCing, and I definitely felt like it gave me a very good idea about what I was getting myself into, as well .
    Thank You for stating "intricate/convoluted/assinine",for an explanation to MI's firearm laws.It intelligently will replace my explanation of "insane"!I'll be getting my copy soon!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

I think that if someone wants to know the law regarding OC (CC too), this book is the best there is. Or, I guess they could just spend about a year searching these postings/threads... reading everything... then MAYBE they would at least get most of the information regarding the law. However, the other subjects are worthwhile and that information can't be found anywhere else.
    I have a copy, even though I still have the rough draft on my computer. In fact, I was reading it today at work and as I read a section I thought "Oh yeah... that's right"; we all tend to forget some nuances sometimes
    BTW, I originally bought a copy to give to a local library... but I read it so much I'm just going to buy a new one, or two, or...
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Until March 15th we are offering 15% off the OC handbook just enter offer code IDES305 at checkout.

Is this worth getting if you're not from Michigan?

Should give it to CADL people.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
    See post #5, it has the table of contents listed and a link for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post

Absolutely, the firearm laws in the book may be Michigan specific but there is so much more to it. It also covers non resident carry, other weapons, why people open carry, presenting a good image, picking the proper holster, etc. and you can still get 15% off until March 15th with the coupon code IDES305

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up Wow GREAT BOOK @ A GREAT PRICE DON'T MISS THIS DEAL, DEAL, DEAL.... :)

I just got the PDF version for $11.04 with promo code. This is a fantastic resource for anyone who carries a firearm for protection. I highly recommend this book.

I rate it 5 +P+ rounds out 5

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    I just got the PDF version for $11.04 with promo code. This is a fantastic resource for anyone who carries a firearm for protection. I highly recommend this book.

I rate it 5 +P+ rounds out 5

Thanks for your order, glad you are enjoying it. It's always nice to have a hard copy for your library, but you can't beat the value for the download version! Plus you save on shipping.

Thumbs up

Just downloaded the pdf, this is a great resource. I downloaded it to my IPad and open it with the iBooks app.
    Dave
    http://www.survivalfox.com/
    "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom". - John F. Kennedy, former U.S. President

Now until 7/29 use promo code TIME and receive 25% off our Open Carry Handbook!

Last edited by Generaldet; 07-27-2011 at 09:54 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast