• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Family book on OPEN CARRY now on sale.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Congrats on the book! I will be ordering my copy in the next day or so...!!! From what I have seen so far, I think this book should do incredibly well because it not only explains OC but also breaks down general 2A politics in totally understandable, readable language.

can't wait to get my copy!

Thanks. And thanks for your comments during the writing of the book. It's my hope that the book will help people better explain to their friends, etc why they OC and why they care enough to take on the responsibility for their own safety.

Beerme

Banned
Thanks. And thanks for your comments during the writing of the book. It's my hope that the book will help people better explain to their friends, etc why they OC and why they care enough to take on the responsibility for their own safety.

should be a top seller, right up there with My two dads.

Venator

nope not lately, but we can all hope can't we?

well has anyone read it? is it good? i ahve a daughter i would like to give it to but money is tight, let me know people?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by CarlottaValdez
"Congrats on the book! I will be ordering my copy in the next day or so...!!! From what I have seen so far, I think this book should do incredibly well because it not only explains OC but also breaks down general 2A politics in totally understandable, readable language.

can't wait to get my copy!"

The person above has read it and enjoyed it very much. The book would be perfect for your daughter. As the book gets out there more people will have comments on it. Larry Pratt Ex. Director of Gun Owners of America bought the first book. He will be making comments soon.

The illustration are great and the text is a great overview about OC and CC along with a discussion about the 2nd Amendment and addresses many of the concerns some have about OC (Shot first, gun grab, etc.). All these topics are discussed as the Strongs go about their day.

Generally it's a very good pro-gun kids book that adults will enjoy.

Venator

I didn't know you could do that! But couldn't they just refuse to take it? Or toss it later?

PM sent

Libraries take donated books. They may toss it out, but generally librarians tend to love books and the 1st Amd, and tolerate different points of view. GENERALLY, your results may vary.

If the school refuses, I bet the public library would take it.

TheQ

Libraries take donated books. They may toss it out, but generally librarians tend to love books and the 1st Amd, and tolerate different points of view. GENERALLY, your results may vary.

If the school refuses, I bet the public library would take it.

You can place conditions on the terms of accepting a donation. Ex: If you accept this book you agree to keep it in circulation for 5 years.

Venator

Finally got some copies from the publisher. The book looks great. I will have them at gatherings etc... Autographs are free.:banana: Will be at Tom's Coney Cafe in Flint on Dort Hwy. Saturday at noon for our pre-show lunch. If you want to join us and also buy a book come on out.

TheQ

Finally got some copies from the publisher. The book looks great. I will have them at gatherings etc... Autographs are free.:banana: Will be at Tom's Coney Cafe in Flint on Dort Hwy. Saturday at noon for our pre-show lunch. If you want to join us and also buy a book come on out.

My copy didn't show up in today's mail. This makes me very sad :cry:. But now I have something to look forward to in tomorrow's mail...