• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Family book on OPEN CARRY now on sale.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Family book on OPEN CARRY now on sale.
Hey everyone,

Nate Nephew and I wrote a family book on open carry. It's called MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY. It's delightfully Illustrated by Lorna Bergman.

It's for ages 10 years and up. It is published by White Feather Press to get a discount on pre-orders go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

If you open carry and have a difficult time explaining why to your kids, other family members and friends this book is for you or them. If you want to learn about the open carry of a handgun this book is for you. If you've wondered if open carry is right for you buy this book.

This book was written in the hope of providing a basic overview of the right to keep and bear arms as well as the growing practice of the open carry of a handgun. Our fear is that our children are being raised with a biased view of our constitution and especially in regards to the 2nd Amendment. Before writing this, we looked for pro-gun childrens books and couldn't find any. Our goal is to provide a wholesome family book that reflects the views of the majority of the American people, i.e., that self-defense is a basic natural right and that firearms provide the most efficient means for that defense. We truly hope you will enjoy this book and read and discuss it with your children over and over again.

BOOK OVERVIEW:

Come and join 13-year-old Brenna Strong along with her mom, Bea, and her dad, Richard, as they spend a typical Saturday running errands and having fun together. What's not so typical is that Brenna's parents lawfully open carry handguns for self-defense. The Strongs join a growing number of families that are standing up for their 2nd Amendment rights by open carrying and bringing gun ownership out of the closet and into the mainstream.

As you read this book, you will learn about the growing practice of open carry, the 2nd Amendment, and the right and responsibility of self-defense.

LV XD9

Thanks, a great book to donate to school and/or community libraries.

So why don't you do that rather than shamelessly bumping your own threads all over the site? I'm sure you'd get tons of publicity for making those donations...

For someone clearly desperate for sales, you sure seem to have no problem irritating and alienating the very people you're trying to market to.

On a side note, that site of yours is doing you more harm than good, imo, especially if the same person who wrote the copy was one of the authors of the book.

Beretta92FSLady

So why don't you do that rather than shamelessly bumping your own threads all over the site? I'm sure you'd get tons of publicity for making those donations...

For someone clearly desperate for sales, you sure seem to have no problem irritating and alienating the very people you're trying to market to.

On a side note, that site of yours is doing you more harm than good, imo, especially if the same person who wrote the copy was one of the authors of the book.

*YAWN*, are you finished venting?

This link may better suite you:

http://www.bradycampaign.org/media/booksandmovies

LV XD9

*YAWN*, are you finished venting?

This link may better suite you:

http://www.bradycampaign.org/media/booksandmovies

So because I (and several others, if you look at the other threads about the exact same topic that he started all over this site) think it's wrong to SPAM the site with multiple threads about the same thing (adverstising his own book) and repeatedly bump those threads for more free advertisement, I must be an anti? :banghead: :rolleyes: Really? Did you put even a small amount of reasoned thought into your post before hitting "submit reply?"

Reading comprehension fail...

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

So because I (and several others, if you look at the other threads about the exact same topic that he started all over this site) think it's wrong to SPAM the site with multiple threads about the same thing (adverstising his own book) and repeatedly bump those threads for more free advertisement, I must be an anti? :banghead: :rolleyes: Really? Did you put even a small amount of reasoned thought into your post before hitting "submit reply?"

Reading comprehension fail...

Oh, "the other threads." That's helpful. Other threads on this site? You do realize that there are MANY sections on this site?

I have not seen the OP anywhere but right here. If they are "spamming" than they should stop.

I am not saying that people who do not want this person to post everywhere are anti's. You should read what the responder I quoted was stating. I thought it would be appropriate to respond by offering a link to the Brady-bunch; it was the least I could do from what I interpreted as a hostile post.

Ok, let's break down the post I responded to:

I would appreciate the link(s) to other threads that the OP'r has posted regarding this book, please.

What indicates that they are "desperate" for sales? How are they irritating and alienating the people they are marketing to? It seems the former is irritating the responder, but alienating? Are the OP's views in other threads causing this alienation...or is it the book?

How is the site doing more harm than good? I clicked on the link, and the site appears to be put together well (they are selling only one book). All of the information necessary for purchasing the book is present...you can order by CC or by "snail mail."

The portion of this quote that is highlighted does not make sense to me. "The same person who wrote the copy" of what, the book, the site? Then they end with making reference to the book itself *confused*. That portion of the sentence makes no sense--can you clarify? Apparently the person I quoted is either away, refuses to respond, or has passed out following what appears to be a drunken rant.

Last edited:

LV XD9

Oh, "the other threads." That's helpful. Other threads on this site? You do realize that there are MANY sections on this site?
The other threads he started about his book, right here on this site. All over the place. This isn't that complicated. Again with the reading comprehension...

Beretta92FSLady said:
I am not saying that people who do not want this person to post everywhere are anti's. You should read what the responder I quoted was stating. I thought it would be appropriate to respond by offering a link to the Brady-bunch; it was the least I could do from what I interpreted as a hostile post.
Posting that link and suggesting that I'm some sort of an anti merely shows that you had no clue what you were talking about. That, and the fact that you're referring to me and the person you responded to as if we're two different people. :banghead:

Beretta92FSLady said:
I would appreciate the link(s) to other threads that the OP'r has posted regarding this book, please.
Since you're apparently incapable of doing a simple forum search yourself...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?83947-Family-book-on-OPEN-CARRY-now-on-sale.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?83866-Family-book-on-OPEN-CARRY-now-on-sale.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...OPEN-CARRY-now-on-sale.&p=1414912#post1414912
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?83905-Family-book-on-OPEN-CARRY-now-on-sale.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?83906-Family-book-on-OPEN-CARRY-now-on-sale.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?83915-Family-book-on-OPEN-CARRY-now-on-sale.

And that's not all, but I'm tired of copying and pasting just to satisfy you. Not only did he start all of those threads, but he's been going around bumping them for the free adverstisement. And if you look at all of the threads that he started about the book, you'll find that I'm not the only one who's spoken up about the shameless self-promotion.

Beretta92FSLady said:
What indicates that they are "desperate" for sales?
See above. The fact that he started numerous threads adverstising his book and has been systematically bumping them every couple of weeks for the free adverstising.

Beretta92FSLady said:
How are they irritating and alienating the people they are marketing to? It seems the former is irritating the responder, but alienating? Are the OP's views in other threads causing this alienation...or is it the book?
See above. He's clearly pissed off a number of the posters on this site with his excessive cross-posting and thread bumps. I say this based on the responses I've read in some of the threads.

Beretta92FSLady said:
How is the site doing more harm than good? I clicked on the link, and the site appears to be put together well (they are selling only one book). All of the information necessary for purchasing the book is present...you can order by CC or by "snail mail."
The copy on the site reads like it was written by a high school student barely pulling a C in his English class. If the actual text in the book is anything akin to what's on his site, I feel sorry for anyone who forks over their hard-earned cash.

Beretta92FSLady said:
The portion of this quote that is highlighted does not make sense to me. "The same person who wrote the copy" of what, the book, the site? Then they end with making reference to the book itself *confused*. That portion of the sentence makes no sense--can you clarify? Apparently the person I quoted is either away, refuses to respond, or has passed out following what appears to be a drunken rant.
First of all, you keep saying "the person you quoted" as if you're not replying to that person now. You quoted (and replied to) my post, which is why I responded. As for me being drunk, you're the one who clearly has issues following the conversation (you didn't even realize that I'm the person you replied to earlier :rolleyes:)

Now, the reason that the sentence may not make sense to you is that you may not realize that the word "copy" has mulitple meanings. Allow me to enlighten you:

Webster's Dictionary said:
Definition of COPY
1: an imitation, transcript, or reproduction of an original work (as a letter, a painting, a table, or a dress)
2: one of a series of especially mechanical reproductions of an original impression; also : an individual example of such a reproduction
3archaic : something to be imitated : model
4a : matter to be set especially for printing b : something considered printable or newsworthy —used without an article <remarks that make good copy — Norman Cousins> c : text especially of an advertisement
5: duplicate 1a <a copy of a computer file> <a copy of a gene>
See copy defined for English-language learners »
The bolded definition was the way I was using the word. I was referring to the advertising copy - the blurb on the site. I wasn't drunk, you just didn't understand.

Was that clear enough for you?

I really hope that, should you choose to respond again, you'll take the time to read (and fully comprehend) what I've posted before you hit the "submit reply" button.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

The other threads he started about his book, right here on this site. All over the place. This isn't that complicated. Again with the reading comprehension...
If it isn't that complicated than you would post some links.

Posting that link and suggesting that I'm some sort of an anti merely shows that you had no clue what you were talking about. That, and the fact that you're referring to me and the person you responded to as if we're two different people. :banghead:
So, were you attacking the OP'rs method of advertising, or the book itself? I did not suggest that you were an anti, just thought that you might find a more visually palatable page, and better-made books at the link I provided, not suggesting you would appreciate the subject matter of the books on the page.

I thought maybe someone had hijacked your account and posting negative responses to a pro-OC book. Every few months I change the passwords on my accounts.

Finally, links! Not incapable, just lazy. And I shouldn't have to. You are the one stating that the OP'r has posted on many sections of this site.

And that's not all, but I'm tired of copying and pasting just to satisfy you. Not only did he start all of those threads, but he's been going around bumping them for the free adverstisement. And if you look at all of the threads that he started about the book, you'll find that I'm not the only one who's spoken up about the shameless self-promotion.
"Shameless self-promotion?" At what point did it reach that? After the first post? When he decided to advertise in his signature?

See above. The fact that he started numerous threads adverstising his book and has been systematically bumping them every couple of weeks for the free adverstising.
We are all peddling something on here. You are peddling free critiques of punctuation and sentence structure.

See above. He's clearly pissed off a number of the posters on this site with his excessive cross-posting and thread bumps. I say this based on the responses I've read in some of the threads.
I have pissed off a number of people on here. I think I might be ******* you off right now.

The copy on the site reads like it was written by a high school student barely pulling a C in his English class. If the actual text in the book is anything akin to what's on his site, I feel sorry for anyone who forks over their hard-earned cash.
So it appears to have been written by an average high school student? The book is written for children. I am sure that the book is not going to read like Langston Hughes, but rather, Dr. Seuss.

First of all, you keep saying "the person you quoted" as if you're not replying to that person now. You quoted (and replied to) my post, which is why I responded. As for me being drunk, you're the one who clearly has issues following the conversation (you didn't even realize that I'm the person you replied to earlier :rolleyes:)
I am still determining whether your account has been hijacked or not.

Now, the reason that the sentence may not make sense to you is that you may not realize that the word "copy" has mulitple meanings. Allow me to enlighten you:
I appreciate the elightenment. But why use such verbage when there are plenty of alternatives that would have been much more clear, and not have appeared to be fumbling around?

The bolded definition was the way I was using the word. I was referring to the advertising copy - the blurb on the site. I wasn't drunk, you just didn't understand.
No, you were either drunk, or you were making a crude attempt at being wordy.

Was that clear enough for you?
Most of it, but not all.

I really hope that, should you choose to respond again, you'll take the time to read (and fully comprehend) what I've posted before you hit the "submit reply" button.
I still think you should rework the last part of the highlighted sentence...C-.

Submit.

Last edited:

LV XD9

If it isn't that complicated than you would post some links.
I did. Did you not bother to read my post before replying? This was why I hoped you would read the post before replying. Clearly that was too much to hope for.

I guess since I did "post some links," then I guess I was right: it wasn't that complicated.

Beretta92FSLady said:
So, were you attacking the OP'rs method of advertising, or the book itself?
Wow. This isn't that complicated. Rather than have me repeat myself, why don't you just re-read what I've written and see if you can figure it out.

Beretta92FSLady said:
I did not suggest that you were an anti, just thought that you might find a more visually palatable page, and better-made books at the link I provided.
BS. You thought I was an anti because you didn't understand what I was saying.

Beretta92FSLady said:
I thought maybe someone had hijacked your account and posting negative responses to a pro-OC book. Every few months I change the passwords on my accounts.
Maybe you should try to understand what you're reading a little better before responding next time.

Beretta92FSLady said:
Finally, links!
:rolleyes: Finally. As if I took so long after your request...
Beretta92FSLady said:
Not incapable, just lazy. And I shouldn't have to. You are the one stating that the OP'r has posted on many sections of this site.
I'll agree with the lazy part.

Beretta92FSLady said:
"Shameless self-promotion?" At what point did it reach that? After the first post? When he decided to advertise in his signature?
I'd say about the time that he posted an ad for his book in virtually every area of this site. If not then, certainly when he started bumping the threads because no one was replying (which was causing the threads to move off of the first page.) If you'd taken the time to check out the threads he started, you'll see that there were plenty of others here who have shared my sentiments.

Beretta92FSLady said:
I am still determining whether your account has been hijacked or not.
Uh huh. It's not that you didn't realize that you were responding to the same person. Right. :rolleyes:
Beretta92FSLady said:
I appreciate the elightenment. But why use such verbage when there are plenty of alternatives that would have been much more clear, and not have appeared to be fumbling around?
I'm not going to "dumb-down" the way I speak or write for anyone. There are plenty of free online dictionaries available for those with limited vocabularies.
Beretta92FSLady said:
No, you were either drunk, or you were making a crude attempt at being wordy.
Wow. What an utterly idiotic thing to say. Quite frankly, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that you were the one who'd been drinking tonight.
Beretta92FSLady said:
Most of it, but not all.
Based on your responses, I'm having doubts that you've understood any of it.

Unless you have something intelligent to say (or lob another baseless accusation my way,) I'm done with you and your nonsense. I have better things to do than argue with someone reveling in their own ignorance.

Last edited: