Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: when exactly do you think we will have CCW?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    9

    when exactly do you think we will have CCW?

    Sorry guys i don't fully understand politics that well. I know that the basic understanding is that we will either have a constitutional or shall issue but when? months? or years? I know that the right people are in office, so what is stopping it from happening in a month?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by daveycleaning View Post
    Sorry guys i don't fully understand politics that well. I know that the basic understanding is that we will either have a constitutional or shall issue but when? months? or years? I know that the right people are in office, so what is stopping it from happening in a month?

    thanks
    Shall issue... 2012... CCW... Can't really say anything other than FAST!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    9
    So if I understand u right ur saying if its a permit is 2012 and if it becomes our consitutional right it could be a month or two?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by daveycleaning View Post
    So if I understand u right ur saying if its a permit is 2012 and if it becomes our consitutional right it could be a month or two?
    Yes, at least 2012 before we can ccw on a "shall issue". It IS our right... CCW would be much faster... Sometime in 2011, cannot say for sure when... No one can...

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by daveycleaning View Post
    Sorry guys i don't fully understand politics that well. I know that the basic understanding is that we will either have a constitutional or shall issue but when? months? or years? I know that the right people are in office, so what is stopping it from happening in a month?

    thanks
    bluebook guide to wi govt http://www.legis.wisconsin.gov/lrb/pubs/bluebook.htm

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818
    My guess is that after the legislator works on the budget and the economy a bit they will feel comfortable dealing with other issues like CCW and the DNR.

    I'm hoping walker calls an emergency session to deal with the former, like he promised.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my pick up truck
    Posts
    73
    IMHO, CCW is not something that is going to take as long to push through as some of the financial and economic mess they are going to have to straighten out. My guess is they will take care of CCW as soon as possible just to get it out of the way since it has been a topic that has been plaguing our legislature for years and years. Since they know they have the votes to deal with it now it will happen ASAP.

    Supposedly Scott Gunderson has a bill to bring forward, however, in looking at his home page I see no CCW bill listed. There are other bills dealing with firearms but no CCW bill.
    Last edited by Tweety; 12-05-2010 at 09:47 AM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member johnny amish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    High altitude of Vernon County, ,
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweety View Post
    IMHO, CCW is not something that is going to take as long to push through as some of the financial and economic mess they are going to have to straighten out. My guess is they will take care of CCW as soon as possible just to get it out of the way since it has been a topic that has been plaguing our legislature for years and years. Since they know they have the votes to deal with it now it will happen ASAP..
    My thoughs also. The GOP is going to want to throw us a few bones early on and this should be a very easy one to do.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox


    We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

  9. #9
    Regular Member oak1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,937
    I hope it comes early rather than later. I will be harassing them if we get to June or July with no bill.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

  10. #10
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    I hope it comes early rather than later. I will be harassing them if we get to June or July with no bill.
    You should be harassing them TODAY!

    Anyhow, to answer the original question, I believe a simple repeal could be effective as soon as February 1st. Setting up a new bureaucracy to issue concealed carry permits with training would probably mean the 1st permits are issued 1/1/2012.

  11. #11
    Regular Member oak1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    You should be harassing them TODAY!

    Anyhow, to answer the original question, I believe a simple repeal could be effective as soon as February 1st. Setting up a new bureaucracy to issue concealed carry permits with training would probably mean the 1st permits are issued 1/1/2012.
    How many times to I have to reiterate that I do contact my reps on a regular basis? By harass, I mean showing up at their office in person, which I have also done. I grow weary of being told the obvious.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

  12. #12
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    How many times to I have to reiterate that I do contact my reps on a regular basis? By harass, I mean showing up at their office in person, which I have also done. I grow weary of being told the obvious.
    Sorry, no offense meant.

  13. #13
    Regular Member oak1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Sorry, no offense meant.
    It's all good.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

  14. #14
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,197
    I've heard a lot of gossip about "when".

    I heard it said on a radio show in Milwaukee a few weeks back a legislator said it would be 2012.

    I have a theory.

    I think this will happen VERY VERY quickly.

    I think people who want "shall-issue" are saying its not an immediate priority and that they want to deal with the economy and job first to lull people into inaction while THEY quickly get a shall-issue bill in front of the legislature.

    I believe it is CRITICAL to get the Constitutional Carry bill in front of the legislature immediately also because ANY vote against either will be a vote against conceal carry.

    If you hear a legislator say action on concealed carry is not going to happen right away, I would be very skeptical.

    Just a theory.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Bills will be passed (or laws rescinded) next year.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  16. #16
    Regular Member 1FASTC4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tomahawk
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    My guess is that after the legislator works on the budget and the economy a bit they will feel comfortable dealing with other issues like CCW and the DNR.

    I'm hoping walker calls an emergency session to deal with the former, like he promised.
    +1.
    From what I've read, projected budget shortfall for WI in 2010 is 3.1 billion. While our 2nd amendment issues may be tabled at the same time as budget issues, I'd be surprised to find them introduced before. This only because the budget is on pretty much everyone's mind, even Dems, short of the looney left.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    a small house in Hartford, Wi.
    Posts
    69
    I just want the bill to have a single number in it! SB1 or AB1 would be perfect for me, but i am willing to take number 9 too IF needed.

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    a bill is introduced then, goes to committee, then gets scheduled for a floor vote, if passed out of committee then is sent to the senate, then the assembly then to the Gov to get a signature then becomes law. If it's a permitted shall issue ccw law...it will take time for the particulars to get hammered out, permit applications to get created, Training standards to be implemented, etc, etc. so figure at least 6 months if not 10 months after it becomes law before you can actually apply for a permit. so figure Very Early 2012

    unless we get Constitutional carry..then it will be very very very rapid.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •