Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekly San Diego Open Carry Meet 8

Weekly San Diego Open Carry Meet 8

Hi everyone!

FireMark and I thought it might be fun to mix things up a bit so this week I tried to get ahold of the management at a local pool hall that I really like. As things turned out, that place will have to wait for maybe next week.

But the good news is this: I just spoke with the manager of another neighborhood poolhall in Clairemont and we are all set for this Monday night at 7 pm. He was very welcoming, says they don't discriminate against anyone and as Mondays are pretty quiet they'd love to have us. I checked the surrounding area and it is outside of any "only criminals get to have guns because this is a gun-free-school-zone so please don't hurt me" restriction.

They have large and small tables, food, drinks, everything. There is also a Dolci Mango frozen yogurt place there that is very good if you've got a sweet tooth. The address is below.

Hungry Stick
    4664 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92117-2005
    858-272-1412

Sorry for the late notice but that's how it worked out.

I'll be there at 7 with my girlfriend, the bartender is Wes, the manager is Gary. Be sure to say hello. Bring a newbie/friend/significant other/possible love interest AND YOUR RECORDER LOCKED ON AND RECORDING and I'll see you all there!

Sam
    Last edited by elsensei; 12-05-2010 at 08:04 PM. Reason: not enouigh sarcasm, had to add more

Pool hall?
    This means Chewy will bring his floaties and be wearing his speedo?
    Last edited by Gundude; 12-05-2010 at 09:15 PM.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Heck, might as well, we all have seen Sam is his suit, lol

I'll be lookin better than you Gundude!!! I'm in.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

Unfortunatley im working this monday so will be unable to attend this week, I will catch up with all of you for the remainder of the December Mondays.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

Depending on what time I finish with class I may ride down there.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by iyaoyas View Post
    depending on what time i finish with class i may ride down there.
    7 pm
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Sounds like alot of fun, but i am simply too broke to attend......have fun this week.

Got to the party too late... that will reach me to set up Google voice correctly!

Sam and I were violated. More to follow.

This sounds interesting. Couldn't make it, but I did walk around North County Fair for an hour or so with Des, no problems.
    -Ant

"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice." -Charles de Montesquieu

There is a school in that mall. Take down this post.

I'll try to make this as brief as possible.
    When I arrived, Sam, the owner and the bouncer were outside, in a discussion about whether it was legal to carry a firearm in an establishment that served alcohol. I asked the bouncer to cite the section of the penal code that prohibited this. Of course, he couldn't. I suggested that we call the police to set their minds at ease. They agreed and I called the SDPD. I asked Sam if he was ready for an (e) check. Two SDPD officers showed about 15 minutes later. They went off and had a discussion with the owner.
    Two more LEO's arrived and did an (e) check on Sam and I. The officer tried to hand my PMK back to me with the hammer back. I had to tell him to hold the hammer and pull the trigger to release it. Then told him to put it back in the holster as I didn't want to handle it. They tired to get our names and other vitial info, to no avail.
    An odd thing...I asked the bouncer why he wasn't carrying. He said he didn't need one that he was a marial arts expert. He said he was a convicted felon, but admitted he had a gun at home to protect his family.
    In the end, the owner decided that he wanted to check with the ABC before allowing us in. He didn't want to jeoprodize his liquor license. He said we should check back in two weeks for a progress report. I assume he was satisfied that there was no PC prohibiting carry in his business. He even offered to buy us a beer if we left our weapons in the car.
    All in all, it was a good training exercise for the SDPD, bouncer and the owner.

I assume that someone is doing a search of the ABC regs about carrying in an establishment that serves alcohol.
    Last edited by Gundude; 12-07-2010 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    I assume that someone is doing a search of the ABC regs about carrying in an establishment that serves alcohol.
    It doesn't exist...it'll be interesting to see what they might respond with...

Quote Originally Posted by mjones View Post
    It doesn't exist...it'll be interesting to see what they might respond with...
    I wasn't sure. But I don't blame the owner for wanting to check. A little CYA goes a long way.
    He also wanted to check with the other two owners on their policy. Baby steps, as he called it.
    As stated in the original op, the guy we talked to is ok with UOC'ing there.
    Last edited by Gundude; 12-07-2010 at 03:28 PM.

He said he didn't need one that he was a marial arts expert. He said he was a convicted felon, but admitted he had a gun at home to protect his family.....
    A convicted felon with a gun!!! OMG that can't happen, there is a piece of paper somewhere that prohibits that.

Felons can own black powder guns. For all we know, that is what he has.

Ching Ching Pow > Kung Fu

I carried in the bar at about 915 or so but everyone had left by then. Ratballs!

Who were the SDPD officers?

There is nothing in the code prohibiting carry. The ABC only cares about distribution, tracking and serving alcohol and other ingestible liquids.

I didn't get the officers names, because I didn't have a recorder or paper and pencil.
    I'll be better prepared next time. I ordered these super duper audio/video sunglasses from this site. They should be here any day. I was gonna get the pen, but it only records for 2 hrs. The glasses go for 4 to 5 hrs. I'll give a full report on them asap.

http://spygear.factoryoutletstore.com/

Wait a minute....you mean to tell me that you were the only one there at 7pm and/or nobody had a recording device? FOR SHAME!

Quote Originally Posted by Devilinbp View Post
    Wait a minute....you mean to tell me that you were the only one there at 7pm and/or nobody had a recording device? FOR SHAME!
    NO NO Sam was there before me. I wont be recording device challenged again.

I didn't get the officers names, because I didn't have a recorder or paper and pencil.
    I'll be better prepared next time. I ordered these super duper audio/video sunglasses from this site. They should be here any day. I was gonna get the pen, but it only records for 2 hrs. The glasses go for 4 to 5 hrs. I'll give a full report on them asap.

http://spygear.factoryoutletstore.com/
    Just curious, what will you do when its night time??
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    Just curious, what will you do when its night time??
    I usually wear a ball cap. I'll just put them up on my cap and at least get the audio.

i recorded everything, as usual.

gundude was a little too nice i thought. the bouncer was an absolute ******* moron. napoleon complex. confrontational. the only reason he's a bouncer is because the local gang didn't want him due to his bad attitude. you'll see when i post audio. i told the owner that no matter what the abc says, i won't patronize his place or bring my friends there while he's got such a ******* on the payroll. it's not like that's the only pool hall in town.
    Last edited by elsensei; 12-09-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elsensei View Post
    i recorded everything, as usual.

gundude was a little too nice i thought. the bouncer was an absolute ******* moron. napoleon complex. confrontational. the only reason he's a bouncer is because the local gang didn't want him due to his bad attitude. you'll see when i post audio. i told the owner that no matter what the abc says, i won't patronize his place or bring my friends there while he's got such a ******* on the payroll. it's not like that's the only pool hall in town.
    I figured I would let you post the "confrontational" part because you two were bouncing off each other.
    And thanks. I've never been called "too nice" before.
    Last edited by Gundude; 12-09-2010 at 01:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast