• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Honor Our Veteran's At Lizzy's Green Cafe Friday The 10th Of December!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
This Friday's Dinner At Lizzy's Green Cafe is to honor our Veteran's from various wars and all walks of life. Lizzy is having a dinner for a local Veteran's home nearby. The Veterans will be arriving by bus around 4:30 and most likely leaving around 7:30 or perhaps 8 at night. There will be 25 to 30 Veterans to attend from a nearby Veteran's home. These Veteran's are from WW2, The Korean War and The Vietnam War. I believe the youngest is 56 with the oldest in his 90's. It is an honor to meet these people that have come before us and lived, fought and died for our freedoms and our way of life. Please show your support by attending if you can.

Since Lizzy and Adam expect a larger than average dinner crowd this night the bar that adjoins their restaurant will be available for dinner seating. We will have permission to open carry in the bar from the owner on Friday night (I will double check on Wednesday and post otherwise if this changes).

We are asking for a few volunteers to assist Lizzy, Adam and the staff this Friday at 4. If you want to help the Veterans and can be there by 4 or so your assistance would be appreciated helping the Veterans off the bus and into the restaurant.

This is an historic event and a chance for us to honor our Veterans and sit down and talk with them. Even if you are not a member of Wisconsin Carry please attend if possible. Open carry is suggested but by no means required.

If you have any questions please post them or PM me.

Edited to add: Dinner is from 4 pm to 10 pm.

Lizzy's Green Cafe
3731 S Beaumont Ave
Kansasville, WI 53139

EDIT TO ADD:Edited: I forgot to mention that Lizzy has hired a Frank Sinatra impersonator to sing during the dinner. I don't know if he will be there for the entire dinner but I hope so.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

As of this moment, I will be there. I will let you know a little later this week if I can be there to help unload folks.

Our vets are precious. I have breakfast just about every day with an 88 year old veteran of WW II who was on the USS Nashville when it was severely damaged. He spent the rest of the war in a hospital recovering from his wounds.

LR Yote 312

We are asking for a few volunteers to assist Lizzy, Adam and the staff this Friday at 4. If you want to help the Veterans and can be there by 4 or so your assistance would be appreciated helping the Veterans off the bus and into the restaurant.

I told the Mrs. about Lizzy's idea....Before I could complete the whole rundown. She said " Say no more....WE are going."
With her own health probs I am not sure what she can do to help out.
She cant lift anything more than 10 lbs, But I can help out wherever and with what ever thats needed.

Put Me and Mrs Yote down. We will be there.

LR Yote

Have Gun - Will Carry

Well, I'd love to help (seriously!) but my new job has me working until 6 pm in Pleasant Prairie. However, being a vet myself, of course I wouldn't miss this. The earliest I can be there is about 6:45, so we will see you all at that time. (Hopefully my third-shift buddy will be able to make it this week!)

nevinsb

Is this going to be an annual event? I'd love to stop buy, but I'm quite a ways away.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Thanks Everyohe For Your Replies. Oh, I forgot to mention that Frank Sinatra ......

Edited: I forgot to mention that Lizzy has hired a Frank Sinatra impersonator to sing during the dinner. I don't know if he will be there for the entire dinner but I hope so.

The dinner for the Veterans this Friday is Lizzy's personal idea to honor the Veterans whom she visits several times a week. We had breakfast there Sunday morning before heading to meet Paul at Starbucks and Lizzy mentioned to us (myself, Steve, Frank and Pat) that she was having the Veterans over for Friday's dinner. We don't know how often the Veterans will be able to make it to Lizzy's since most have no income and many are homeless. The only thing they have is the home they live in and the support of the community.

For those of you that can help the Veterans into the restaurant please arrive at 4 (if possible) and let Lizzy, Adam or Elijah or any of the staff that you are there to help. Your help is certainly appreciated! Most likely the Veterans bus will be behind the restaurant for unloading and loading but we won't know until it happens.

If you are able please show your support for these honorable Veterans and meet them at Lizzy's this Friday.

I hope to see many of us there this Friday!

protias

I won't be able to go. :(

Please give each one of them a hug or handshake from me. Thanks.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

Just got back. We had a good turnout, somewhere around 16 people, OC'ers and their spouses/significant others.

HandyHamlet took many,many pictures. I assume he will post some of them.

oak1971

As usual, great food and a fun time. Got meet Handy Hamlet. He is NOT Doug Huffman.

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Another Great Event At Lizzy's!

Tonight was great as usual! Met Doug...err...I mean Handy Hamlet tonight. Todd took many photos of us tonight and I'm sure will post a link to an online photo book soon.

The Vets had to leave around 6 so some of us (me included) didn't get to meet them. I didn't arrive until about 6:25 or so. Still, the night was great! Today is also Lizzy's birthday (which I didn't know until I got there)!

Happy Birthday Lizzy!

Thanks to everyone for being there and showing your support!

LR Yote 312

The Mrs and I got there about 4:30,maybe abit sooner.We met Paul in
the p/lot as he was holstering up.
The Vets had already arrived and were seated in the Dining Room,and one of the first people we met was Adam,checked quick with him and everything was under control.Elijah set us up with a table right away,but the plan was to eat with the rest of the OC'ers.

Mrs broke out her camera and soon was circling the room snapping pics.Met Handy Hamlet.Paul,Handy and myself talked as much as we could at the same time dancing with the waitresses.Due to the numbers expected and the table layout we often had to sidestep or back step so not to get in their way. Two people could talk comfortably and still have room for the staff to travel,but 3 made it difficult.

The Mrs can approach anyone,and inside of 45 secs she is engaged in a full blown conversation,happily chatting away.I was content to sit and watch her work the room as I worked over a few cups of coffee,occasionally slippin out for a smoke.

On one of my return trips from the smoking lounge I had just removed my jacket and sat down,when one of group approached the table and remarked he had noticed I was carrying,and thanked me for doing so,because it made him feel safe.

Theres abit of a twist for ya....Heres a guy who has laid his life on the line for his Country making us all safe...Thankin me for making HIM feel safe.

I wont ask a Liberal to try and figure THAT one out....the concept would be too much for them to grasp.

Some general announcements were made...One of the not so general ones was the announcement of Lizzy's B-day.Right after that everyone sang Happy Birthday to Lizzy,who broke some champagne and shared that with everyone that wanted a glass.

After the Vets had eaten and were ready to leave I was outside puttin another nail in my coffin,so I started to hold the door for those that were in wheel chairs or using walkers,when Lizzy came out and asked me to keep an eye out and watch so no one slipped or fell on the way to the bus.
I had the opportunity to speak briefly with several,shake their hands and say Thanks for Your Service and wish them a safe ride home.There's also a few of the conversations or exchanges between them that I am going to keep to myself for my own personal reasons.

Once on their way home,and back in the Cafe, I got to meet several other OC'ers,some familiar and remembered from Delavan...plus a few more I hadnt met before.
There were way too many table conversations goin all at once while trying to enjoy the food while it was still hot.Many laughs...and some more pics. A toast to Lizzy for her B-day.....

Just some great food,with great people and great conversation.

LR Yote

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

It was an honor to be a part of tonight's dinner. Thank you all. It was a pleasure meeting everyone. My one regret is there is never enough time to really chat with everyone at meets like this...

I don't even know where to begin. Lizzy's is a small family place. EVERYONE is family even if they aren't. It felt like I was in their living room. We were constantly in the servers' way. But they never lost their cool as they doted on the Veterans. Lizzy and her boys were generous to a fault. We all chatted while a crooner sang Frank and Dean hits. Everyone was warm and friendly. There was even pink bubbly to go along with the fish (and Lizzy's belated Birthday)!

It was a trip.

Here's a couple random shots of the Gents we were there for. I am forever in your debt.

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Thanks For Coming Todd!

It was an honor to be a part of tonight's dinner. Thank you all. It was a pleasure meeting everyone. My one regret is there is never enough time to really chat with everyone at meets like this...

I don't even know where to begin. Lizzy's is a small family place. EVERYONE is family even if they aren't. It felt like I was in their living room. We were constantly in the servers' way. But they never lost their cool as they doted on the Veterans. Lizzy and her boys were generous to a fault. We all chatted while a crooner sang Frank and Dean hits. Everyone was warm and friendly. There was even pink bubbly to go along with the fish (and Lizzy's belated Birthday)!

It was a trip.

Here's a couple random shots of the Gents we were there for. I am forever in your debt.

Thanks for coming Todd! It was great meeting you and thank you for your hard work getting everyone situated for the photos!