• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Family book on OPEN CARRY now on sale.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Family book on OPEN CARRY now on sale.

Hey everyone,
Nate Nephew and I wrote a family book on open carry. It's called MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY. It's delightfully Illustrated by Lorna Bergman.

It's for ages 10 years and up. It is published by White Feather Press and to get a discount on pre-orders go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

If you open carry and have a difficult time explaining why to your kids, other family members and friends this book is for you or them. If you want to learn about the open carry of a handgun this book is for you. If you've wondered if open carry is right for you buy this book.

This book was written in the hope of providing a basic overview of the right to keep and bear arms as well as the growing practice of the open carry of a handgun. Our fear is that our children are being raised with a biased view of our constitution and especially in regards to the 2nd Amendment. Before writing this, we looked for pro-gun childrens books and couldn't find any. Our goal is to provide a wholesome family book that reflects the views of the majority of the American people, i.e., that self-defense is a basic natural right and that firearms provide the most efficient means for that defense. We truly hope you will enjoy this book and read and discuss it with your children over and over again.

BOOK OVERVIEW:

Come and join 13-year-old Brenna Strong along with her mom, Bea, and her dad, Richard, as they spend a typical Saturday running errands and having fun together. What's not so typical is that Brenna's parents lawfully open carry handguns for self-defense. The Strongs join a growing number of families that are standing up for their 2nd Amendment rights by open carrying and bringing gun ownership out of the closet and into the mainstream.
As you read this book, you will learn about the growing practice of open carry, the 2nd Amendment, and the right and responsibility of self-defense.

John Hardin

Interesting. I hope it does well for you!

Is there a scene where the family is accosted by a rude, pushy anti-gun bigot? Just so you can demonstrate how to gracefully and politely deal with such... :)

Venator

Interesting. I hope it does well for you!

Is there a scene where the family is accosted by a rude, pushy anti-gun bigot? Just so you can demonstrate how to gracefully and politely deal with such... :)

Yes! well sort of, they do run across a mom with a child that hates guns, etc... The Strongs make a good case for self-defense.

tombrewster421

Sounds alot better than a book I read recently titled "My bunny died last night". How much are they?

Venator

I will be on the American Trigger Sports Network www.atsn.tv talking about open carry and the kids book My Parents Open Carry today. The show will start at 3:00 PM EST and I will be on toward the end after Mark Walters.

You can watch it on-line live or anytime after the that. The show is every Wednesday and new shows run all week and then are archived.

Venator

On the one hand, the family is kind of creepily blue-eyed...

On the other hand, I like the idea! I hope it sells a bunch. :)
Did you watch the show. The book is discussed at the 64 minute mark. James Towle really liked the book.

Yes the artist colored the eyes a very blue hue, as well as making them a bit larger than normal. They are child like, but it is a kid's book. :D Don't judge a book by it's cover. :banana:

Venator

ATTENTION
MARCH MADNESS SALE

Because we always go mad during March we are offering a 20% discount on copies of this book for the entire month. This is the lowest price yet for this unique kid’s book. No other book like this exists and you can have a copy at great savings.

Visit www.myparentsopencarry.com to see comments and for more information on My Parents Open Carry. Buy a copy for yourself and your local library.

This offer will only last until the end of March.

You can hear an interview about the book go to 64 minutes into the show. http://www.atsn.tv/index.php?option...employee-firing&catid=17:daily-show&Itemid=63

You can listen to me and Nate on Armed American Radio here. About 30 minutes in. http://armedamericanradio.org/2011/02/aar-broadcast-2-20-2011-hour-1/