Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How Unalienable Rights Become Privileges

  1. #1
    Regular Member comp45acp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Watertown, WI, ,
    Posts
    383

    How Unalienable Rights Become Privileges

    Here is a good article that has some relevancy to our struggle for Liberty in Wisconsin.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig11/denninger4.1.1.html

    What hits home for me is this: "You only have the rights endowed by your Creator you are willing to defend."
    Jim Burgess
    NRA Lifetime

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818
    Quote Originally Posted by comp45acp View Post
    Here is a good article that has some relevancy to our struggle for Liberty in Wisconsin.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig11/denninger4.1.1.html

    What hits home for me is this: "You only have the rights endowed by your Creator you are willing to defend."
    Great article. Concise and to the point. Everyone who has questions in this area should start with reading something like this as a primer. Hopefully reading this may make them choose to delve deeper.

    Jefferson et al are indeed rolling in their graves. If it ever comes down to the zombie apocolypse and they are out there running (er... staggering) around I'm going to try to find the founders. Even as brain-craving zombies they'll still have more smarts than what is currently in Washington.
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 12-06-2010 at 12:08 PM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  3. #3
    Regular Member TyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    775
    Quote Originally Posted by brass magnet View Post
    great article. Concise and to the point. Everyone who has questions in this area should start with reading something like this as a primer. Hopefully reading this may make them choose to delve deeper.

    Jefferson et al are indeed rolling in their graves. If it ever comes down to the zombie apocolypse and they are out there running (er... Staggering) around i'm going to try to find the founders. Even as brain-craving zombies they'll still have more smarts than what is currently in washington.
    lol

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Central Wisconsin, ,
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by brass magnet:
    great article. Concise and to the point. Everyone who has questions in this area should start with reading something like this as a primer. Hopefully reading this may make them choose to delve deeper.

    I know it's been said here before but what part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand? Either we have the Right, or we don't.

    And in Wisconsin:
    Either the words..

    "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose."

    ..mean something or they don't.

    For the cause of "civility" our rights have been abrogated. Plain and simple.

    Political Correctness be damned. Criminals are not polite in their crimes.

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran rcawdor57's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,643

    Exclamation You Cannot Debate A Liberal!

    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    I was engaged in a heated debate recently with a very learned and longtime friend. I was shocked he was demanding I willingly give up my inalienable rights so he could feel safe while traveling.

    I of course threw out the standard Ben Franklin quote most here know by heart.



    His response?
















    The point (no it is not about the TSA)?

    The point is there are two kinds of people. Those who believe in the Constitution. And the enemy. You can take the latter back in time to personally meet the Founding Fathers and it won't change a thing. They would just puff up their chests and smugly announce how much of an idiot Ben Franklin is. To his face.

    So while the above piece will solidify our stance it won't win the hearts and minds of the criminally insane. We must fight till the day we die knowing the best we can ever hope to achieve is keeping stupid at bay.





    Maybe kill a few zombies too.

    (que: National Anthem and fade to American Flag waving in breeze)
    I had the opportunity to debate my BIL on Thanksgiving day. Well, we got into talking politics and he mentioned the Democrats. I told him that they are now calling themselves the "DSA" the "Democratic Socialist Party" as seen on CSPAN and other news outlets. His response? YOU CANNOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU SEE. OK...fine.

    Next was the Cap and Trade bill....I told him his home utility bill would rise by at least $3000 to $3900 a year in taxes alone according to the CBO. His response? YOU CANNOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ.

    WOW. THERE IS NO TALKING TO DIMWITS. It is impossible to show them the light.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •