• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Homeland Security joins Wal-Mart in asking for reports on 'suspicious activity'

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
See http://drudgereport.com/flash2n.htm

Homeland Security has joined with Wal-Mart to promote the "If you see something, say something" program at 230 of WM's 588 stores. Shoppers are asked to remain alert to suspicious activity and to report same to law enforcement.

How many additional calls do you think law enforcement is going to get over all of those "suspicious" people who are openly carrying (gasp!) a gun???

Coded-Dude

if only we could get the sheeples to understand that a gun, on its own, is not suspicious. however, the manner in which you carry yourself and your weapon can be.

Dreamer

It only makes sense that this would happen...

I mean it's only logical that BOTH ends of WalMarts Supply chain (manufacturers and consumers) should BOTH be living under the same system eventually.

Tracked, traced, databased...

JamesCanby

Activist Member

HankT

State Researcher
:banghead::banghead: :cuss::cuss::cuss:

Here's yer tinfoil.

Even after your two above posts on this subject, it's unclear what your view is, E95. What do you think about this DHS program and the ?

The new program looks like a BIG problem for people who are, somehow, suspicious. And gun guys seem to look suspicious.

BTW, congrats on your prolific posting record on OCDO. You are but a whisker away from the much coveted 4,000 post level. In less than one year, too.

E95, no one has ever done that before. Not even LEO 229. You are the very quickest to reach 4K. Good show.

Last edited:

eye95

hKt.

If you have a question to ask, please ask it plainly without the rest of the falderal. Please address me by my screen name, or eye for short. Please leave out the miscellaneous irrelevant BS that bears a striking similarity to the BS you used to post to show your contempt toward another poster who is no longer with us. Otherwise, I don't see the point in corresponding with you in these threads.

Thos.Jefferson

Are you really suggesting that a sex-bias case that's before the Supreme Court (judicial system) actually has a quid pro quo connection to an executive agency teaming up with a retailer to further its outreach?

I think you give the government far too much credit for that kind of connectivity .... and may be fairly well OT...

Did you read the whole article? Funny thing is, every one of the companies that sent briefs in support of Wal-Mart just happen to be major players in the bond market along with the folks at Wal-Mart. In case you didn't know the bond market is the controlling factor in the issuance and value of the United States Dollar. I say the Big Guy made a helluva connection!

on edit: I will be completely shocked if SCOTUS doesn't reverse in favor of Wally

Last edited:

Jack House

I know this is a gun board, but seriously. There is so much more wrong with that than people calling the police over someone with a gun.

[insert your favorite totalitarian/authoritarian reference here]

Dreamer

This sort of reminds me of the difference between driving on the Beltway in VA and MD...

In VA, the big digital overhead signs flash messages about weather, traffic, and construction.

In MD, they flash an 800 number:

1-800-492-TIPS (8477)

and a message to "report suspicious activity". They've had those signs in MD for several years...

This program isn't actually being run by MD DOT, but by MCAC (Maryland Coordination and Analysis Center). If you want ot be REALLY creeped out by how they are doing things in MD (well, really, nationwide), download the "Suspicious Activities Reference Guide"...

Here are some things that qualify as "suspicious activities":

• Drivers who operate the vehicle in an overly cautious manner, attempt to abandon the vehicle or act nervously.
  • Vehicle drivers who display noncompliant behavior, such as insisting on parking close to a building or crowded area.
  • Wearing inappropriate attire such as heavy or bulky clothing inconsistent with weather conditions.
  • With protruding bulges or exposed wires under clothing.
  • With strange chemical odors associated with the individual.

And this one is the REAL gem of the list:

• Who display excessive sweating, mumbling to oneself, or displaying an unusually calm or detached demeanor.
So if you're sweaty, or you talk to yourself, or like to park close to the entrance of a building, or are wearing an ipod with headphones, or spilled Hoppes #9 on your clothes, or you are calm and self-assured (as opposed to being a compliant, cowering sheeple) then you MUST be a terrorist...

Essentially, what they are telling us is that anyone with a brain, some mechanical skills, some self-confidence, or who listens to PodCasts is "suspicious".

OK, now, I think we're starting to get to the heart of the matter here...

JamesCanby

Activist Member
[snip]
If you want to be REALLY creeped out by how they are doing things in MD (well, really, nationwide), download the "Suspicious Activities Reference Guide"...

Here are some things that qualify as "suspicious activities":

• Drivers who operate the vehicle in an overly cautious manner, attempt to abandon the vehicle or act nervously.
  • Vehicle drivers who display noncompliant behavior, such as insisting on parking close to a building or crowded area.
  • Wearing inappropriate attire such as heavy or bulky clothing inconsistent with weather conditions.
  • With protruding bulges or exposed wires under clothing.
  • With strange chemical odors associated with the individual.

And this one is the REAL gem of the list:

• Who display excessive sweating, mumbling to oneself, or displaying an unusually calm or detached demeanor.

• [snip]

The problem is, the PSA (which is only 44 seconds long and can be viewed at http://dougpowers.com/2010/12/07/dhs/) does not give any details. The concept of what is "suspicious" is left completely to the discretion of the beholder. I have no doubt that we are going to see more MWAG complaints....

NewZealandAmerican

Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb
Walmart and Janet

WALMART Got to love it: Open carrying

Open Carry at Walmart, be very very careful you are being watched by your fellow shoppers!

Walmart Public Service Announcement:
Walmart and Janet "It's a man baby" Napolitano wants you to feel safe!

So when you shop at Walmart, snitch on any of your fellow shoppers for anything that looks supicious! Especially someone wearing a handgun. That way we can make America safe from all the terrorists. Yeah right! So we can keep supporting the phoney war on terror putting our good men and women in harms way overseas and building up the technological control enslavement grid, all the while the real terrorists are right here in America in Washington DC and their international wanker banker puppet masters. Watch Janet here: http://mikechamberslive.com/?p=10657

BTW Mike Chambers truly has an awesome and informative radio show 11a to 3p Central Mon to Fri http://www.OracleBroadcasting.com

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Another bright idea from the dim-witted mind of Janet (gee, same name as an attorney general under Clinton who was also not know for her mental acuity).

This sort of stuff is dangerous in that it can have unintended consequences (thank you John Ross). Frantic calls for MWAG and cries from frightened shoppers when seeing an OC'er because they have been encouraged to act by some unknowing and ignorant high public official. This can get people injured or worse when nothing is of any real concern. Gee, didn't Nazi Germany encourage citizens, and even children, to report suspicious behavior to the authorities? Ya' think there is a connection here... not as Nazis but via quests for control?

skipbadger

WalmartDHSWiki.jpg

DustoneGT

That's great

If you see something, say something.....unless of course it's the .gov itself that's acting suspiciously. Then keep your damn mouth shut.

Those who refuse to keep their mouths shut will be accused of rape by people they previously had consensual sex with who 'changed their minds' later about whether they wanted to do it.