• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Homeland Security joins Wal-Mart in asking for reports on 'suspicious activity'

Phssthpok

12915435694781.png

hornett22

innterestingly.........

there is a new "Patriot app" for the IPhone. you can snitch on your fellow man with pics and videos now right from your smartphone.

I suggest we use it to report abuses from government jack booted thugs.

I will try and find the link again.

Last edited:
M

McX

that's it! i need extra cash for the holidays, i'm ratting you all out to homeland for the moola, at ten bucks a head!

palerider116

that's it! i need extra cash for the holidays, i'm ratting you all out to homeland for the moola, at ten bucks a head!

After taxes, FICA, and supporting those on welfare...

A check is issued to McX for .12 cents with a donation solicitation card for the Brady Campaign with donation options starting at 50 bucks.

M

McX

After taxes, FICA, and supporting those on welfare...

A check is issued to McX for .12 cents with a donation solicitation card for the Brady Campaign with donation options starting at 50 bucks.

har-har-har! touche'. you guys have no idea how bad i needed a laugh today!

Jack House

The Ministry for State Security, excuse me, the Department of Homeland Security thanks you for your cooperation and requests that you make a donation to the great Brady Campaign in a continued effort to help us make this country safe for everyone. :rolleyes:

kameron454ci

Another bright idea from the dim-witted mind of Janet (gee, same name as an attorney general under Clinton who was also not know for her mental acuity).

This sort of stuff is dangerous in that it can have unintended consequences (thank you John Ross). Frantic calls for MWAG and cries from frightened shoppers when seeing an OC'er because they have been encouraged to act by some unknowing and ignorant high public official. This can get people injured or worse when nothing is of any real concern. Gee, didn't Nazi Germany encourage citizens, and even children, to report suspicious behavior to the authorities? Ya' think there is a connection here... not as Nazis but via quests for control?

nope it was the communist USSR that encouraged citizens, and even children, to report suspicious behavior to the KGB:uhoh:

OldCurlyWolf

nope it was the communist USSR that encouraged citizens, and even children, to report suspicious behavior to the KGB:uhoh:

Actually it was also the NAZI'S, among others. At a minimum it goes back to Ivan the Terrible, Czar of Russia. It very likely goes back thousands of years earlier.

:cuss:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
'suspicious activity' has been re-defined to mean 'anything the person observing it doesn't understand or doesn't like.'

If the observer is dumb enough or hateful enough, just being a live may be suspicious, in their opinion.

Turn in your neighbors! The State will pat you on the head and not kill your firstborn as a show of gratitude...

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Actually it was also the NAZI'S, among others. At a minimum it goes back to Ivan the Terrible, Czar of Russia. It very likely goes back thousands of years earlier.

:cuss:

Yep, the Nazis and a host of other highly restrictive/totalitarian regimes have been happy to have the little state clones report their parents and neighbors. In fact, it has happened right here in this country in recent years - as in the 1980's.

There was a program called D.A.R.E. which was introduced into the primary schools and I well remember my youngest daughter telling me something very strange, as in bad, about this program when she was in the fourth grade. Seems they were being encouraged to report their parents to the D.A.R.E. school contacts if the parent(s) was engaging in questionable activity. This included spankings and other disciplinary actions. I was furious when I found this out.