Thread: Homeland Security & Walmart: "If you see something, say something"

Homeland Security & Walmart: "If you see something, say something"

BIG SIS INVADES WAL-MART: 'IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING'

WASHINGTON -- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano today announced the expansion of the Department’s national “If You See Something, Say Something” campaign to hundreds of Walmart stores across the country—launching a new partnership between DHS and Walmart to help the American public play an active role...

http://drudgereport.com/flash2n.htm

I have a feeling that this will make soccer moms more emboldened to call the cops because there's a MWAG (Or God-forbid a BMWAG). It seems like Janet Napolitano wants to fashion Walmart into a police state similar to New York City with this policy.

I don't open carry a lot because it can be very unforgiving if I unknowingly walk into a place I'm not supposed to. However, with Walmart, I ALWAYS open carry because I know it's legal, the staff and customers are mostly accepting of OC, and this movement gets a lot of good exposure. If Homeland Security is telling people to report suspicious activity, their minds will automatically jump to TSA-style security and may make people think that guns are illegal in Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by cmlewis184 View Post
    I ALWAYS open carry because I know it's legal...
    It's "allowed" in WalMart therfore legal.

We should write DHS imforming them they need to supplement their message; "Not to infringe upon the rights of others (us)." It's almost asking the American public to profile other people...I thought that was a no no.... (not MO).
    Last edited by Northerner; 12-06-2010 at 01:48 PM.

It only makes sense that this would happen...

I mean it's only logical that BOTH ends of WalMarts Supply chain (manufacturers and consumers) should BOTH be living under the same system eventually.

Tracked, traced, databased...

Thanks Janet, for putting one more brick on the NWO's "Tower of Babel".
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

BIG SIS INVADES WAL-MART: 'IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING'

WASHINGTON -- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano today announced the expansion of the Department’s national “If You See Something, Say Something” campaign to hundreds of Walmart stores across the country—launching a new partnership between DHS and Walmart to help the American public play an active role...

http://drudgereport.com/flash2n.htm
    This is due to all the incidents of terrorist bombings in the nation's Wal-Marts......wait...
    Last edited by rotorhead; 12-06-2010 at 03:05 PM.

I was going to start a new thread on this but spotted this one.
    Here's another article:

December 6, 2010 1:48 p.m.

Homeland Security teams up with Walmart for safety

(CNN) -- Walmart will join the Department of Homeland Security in a program called "If You See Something, Say Something" which encourages the American public to take an active role in ensuring the safety and security of the nation, DHS said Monday.

"Homeland security starts with hometown security, and each of us plays a critical role in keeping our country and communities safe," Secretary Janet Napolitano said as she thanked Walmart and the more than 320 stores who joined the national campaign Monday.

Participating stores, eventually including 588 from 27 states, will play a short video message at select checkout locations to remind shoppers to contact local law enforcement to report suspicious activity, said a DHS statement.

Excerpt ... See more at http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/06/was...n.dhs.walmart/

I have a feeling that this will make soccer moms more emboldened to call the cops because there's a MWAG (Or God-forbid a BMWAG). It seems like Janet Napolitano wants to fashion Walmart into a police state similar to New York City with this policy.
    I tend to agree with your basic logic. This program can't be good for OCers. Probably, bad. Maybe even bad for CCers.

I don't open carry a lot because it can be very unforgiving if I unknowingly walk into a place I'm not supposed to. However, with Walmart, I ALWAYS open carry because I know it's legal, the staff and customers are mostly accepting of OC, and this movement gets a lot of good exposure. If Homeland Security is telling people to report suspicious activity, their minds will automatically jump to TSA-style security and may make people think that guns are illegal in Walmart.
    I wonder what the DHS instructions or standards for reporting are? Much less than PC or RAS, I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by HankT View Post
    I wonder what the DHS instructions or standards for reporting are? Much less than PC or RAS, I'm guessing.
    It has to be, or they have much more faith in the general public than I do. We all know how good the general public is at interpreting and applying law, right?

I am certainly going to INCREASE my trips to Wal Mart with LESS purchasing and MORE Open Carrying to set the record straight that the tranny isn't going to succeed in intimidating me from OCing. Although I'm sure there will be more "interactions with LEOs"....

I encourage others to go as always OCing to Wal Mart and bring your video/voice recorders and OC pamplets/flyers ready to hand out (hint, keep them in pocket OPPOSITE your gun!! This is less alarming to people and other officers you are educating)....

Quote Originally Posted by farkles View Post
    I am certainly going to INCREASE my trips to Wal Mart with LESS purchasing and MORE Open Carrying to set the record straight that the tranny isn't going to succeed in intimidating me from OCing. Although I'm sure there will be more "interactions with LEOs"....

I encourage others to go as always OCing to Wal Mart and bring your video/voice recorders and OC pamplets/flyers ready to hand out (hint, keep them in pocket OPPOSITE your gun!! This is less alarming to people and other officers you are educating)....
    I think you meant tyranny, you might want to fix that.
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

He may be referring to Napolitano...

Quote Originally Posted by calynn View Post
    I hope I didn't just wake up my roommates with my laughing.
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

I think you meant Napolitrano.

Saw the Walmartano video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czoww2l1xdw and for some reason could not help but think of this:

"There was of course no way of knowing whether you were being watched at any given moment. How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in on any individual wire was guesswork. It was even conceivable that they watched everybody all the time. But at any rate they could plug in your wire whenever they wanted to. You had to live—did live, from habit that became instinct—in the assumption that every sound you made was overheard, and, except in darkness, every movement scrutinized."

26 years off, but that's just a rounding error.

Quote Originally Posted by sultan62 View Post
    I think you meant tyranny, you might want to fix that.
    Oh come on who amongst us hasn't been fooled before!? Vegas is crazy man
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

I don't bother with pragmatic statistics while discussing my constitutional rights. The issue is far less complex, to me. Free men should be able to act like free men.

As long as it doesn't get me on the "hot list" from DHS, YES, I "might" have been referring to the napanny the tranny