• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Homeland Security & Walmart: "If you see something, say something"

cmlewis184

BIG SIS INVADES WAL-MART: 'IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING'

WASHINGTON -- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano today announced the expansion of the Department’s national “If You See Something, Say Something” campaign to hundreds of Walmart stores across the country—launching a new partnership between DHS and Walmart to help the American public play an active role...

http://drudgereport.com/flash2n.htm

I have a feeling that this will make soccer moms more emboldened to call the cops because there's a MWAG (Or God-forbid a BMWAG). It seems like Janet Napolitano wants to fashion Walmart into a police state similar to New York City with this policy.

I don't open carry a lot because it can be very unforgiving if I unknowingly walk into a place I'm not supposed to. However, with Walmart, I ALWAYS open carry because I know it's legal, the staff and customers are mostly accepting of OC, and this movement gets a lot of good exposure. If Homeland Security is telling people to report suspicious activity, their minds will automatically jump to TSA-style security and may make people think that guns are illegal in Walmart.

Northerner

I ALWAYS open carry because I know it's legal...

It's "allowed" in WalMart therfore legal.

We should write DHS imforming them they need to supplement their message; "Not to infringe upon the rights of others (us)." It's almost asking the American public to profile other people...I thought that was a no no.... (not MO).

Last edited:

Dreamer

It only makes sense that this would happen...

I mean it's only logical that BOTH ends of WalMarts Supply chain (manufacturers and consumers) should BOTH be living under the same system eventually.

Tracked, traced, databased...

Thanks Janet, for putting one more brick on the NWO's "Tower of Babel".

rotorhead

BIG SIS INVADES WAL-MART: 'IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING'

WASHINGTON -- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano today announced the expansion of the Department’s national “If You See Something, Say Something” campaign to hundreds of Walmart stores across the country—launching a new partnership between DHS and Walmart to help the American public play an active role...

http://drudgereport.com/flash2n.htm

This is due to all the incidents of terrorist bombings in the nation's Wal-Marts......wait...

Last edited:

HankT

State Researcher
I was going to start a new thread on this but spotted this one.
Here's another article:

December 6, 2010 1:48 p.m.

Homeland Security teams up with Walmart for safety

(CNN) -- Walmart will join the Department of Homeland Security in a program called "If You See Something, Say Something" which encourages the American public to take an active role in ensuring the safety and security of the nation, DHS said Monday.

"Homeland security starts with hometown security, and each of us plays a critical role in keeping our country and communities safe," Secretary Janet Napolitano said as she thanked Walmart and the more than 320 stores who joined the national campaign Monday.

Participating stores, eventually including 588 from 27 states, will play a short video message at select checkout locations to remind shoppers to contact local law enforcement to report suspicious activity, said a DHS statement.

Excerpt ... See more at http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/06/washington.dhs.walmart/

I have a feeling that this will make soccer moms more emboldened to call the cops because there's a MWAG (Or God-forbid a BMWAG). It seems like Janet Napolitano wants to fashion Walmart into a police state similar to New York City with this policy.

I tend to agree with your basic logic. This program can't be good for OCers. Probably, bad. Maybe even bad for CCers.

I don't open carry a lot because it can be very unforgiving if I unknowingly walk into a place I'm not supposed to. However, with Walmart, I ALWAYS open carry because I know it's legal, the staff and customers are mostly accepting of OC, and this movement gets a lot of good exposure. If Homeland Security is telling people to report suspicious activity, their minds will automatically jump to TSA-style security and may make people think that guns are illegal in Walmart.

I wonder what the DHS instructions or standards for reporting are? Much less than PC or RAS, I'm guessing.

chiefjason

I wonder what the DHS instructions or standards for reporting are? Much less than PC or RAS, I'm guessing.

It has to be, or they have much more faith in the general public than I do. We all know how good the general public is at interpreting and applying law, right?

farkles

I am certainly going to INCREASE my trips to Wal Mart with LESS purchasing and MORE Open Carrying to set the record straight that the tranny isn't going to succeed in intimidating me from OCing. Although I'm sure there will be more "interactions with LEOs"....

I encourage others to go as always OCing to Wal Mart and bring your video/voice recorders and OC pamplets/flyers ready to hand out (hint, keep them in pocket OPPOSITE your gun!! This is less alarming to people and other officers you are educating)....

sultan62

I am certainly going to INCREASE my trips to Wal Mart with LESS purchasing and MORE Open Carrying to set the record straight that the tranny isn't going to succeed in intimidating me from OCing. Although I'm sure there will be more "interactions with LEOs"....

I encourage others to go as always OCing to Wal Mart and bring your video/voice recorders and OC pamplets/flyers ready to hand out (hint, keep them in pocket OPPOSITE your gun!! This is less alarming to people and other officers you are educating)....

I think you meant tyranny, you might want to fix that. :eek:

skipbadger

Saw the Walmartano video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czoww2l1xdw and for some reason could not help but think of this:

"There was of course no way of knowing whether you were being watched at any given moment. How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in on any individual wire was guesswork. It was even conceivable that they watched everybody all the time. But at any rate they could plug in your wire whenever they wanted to. You had to live—did live, from habit that became instinct—in the assumption that every sound you made was overheard, and, except in darkness, every movement scrutinized."

26 years off, but that's just a rounding error.