• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How is Jesus doing?

bigdaddy1

I know he cant (or isnt supposed to) post here, but has anyone heard from him. How is he doing? I can imagine this is very hard to handle and all.

Spartacus

Banned
I spent some time with him at the Glenwood City event and he is holding up well.

I would ask at his request that we not discuss his case publicly for obvious reasons.

neo said find the thread

my special capacity is to abide idiots which I have done most of my life and I've gotten very good at

if and when jesus is found guilty of murder I wonder if ocdo will post a link to provide financial help to the families of the slain and injured it would only be appropriate since we are a band of brothers who take care of our own etc

no friends like good friends

no need for friends like this we all got plenty

Tweety

Banned
I wanted to know how he was doing, not his case. That will come in time.

One can only imagine what he and his family must be going through. I remember reading the news on his story. The one thing that struck me as odd was that the police did not close the entire area between the two bars and search for a weapon of sorts that the two "Victims" may have had. I do not think he was treated fairly from the beginning.

I won't discuss all the details of the articles since I know everyone here has probably read them anyways. Just seems like the police are too quick to want to arrest some one and have a conclusion in the case. I guess that is much easier than doing real detective work. I hope the best for him and his family. Does anyone know if he has children?

MKEgal

...a link to provide financial help to the families of the slain and injured it would only be appropriate since we are a band of brothers who take care of our own...

You're thinking of some other case. Would you post a link to the news report for the case you're thinking of, please?

Haven't heard of one where the OCer was harmed, let alone killed, other than that tragedy at... oh, gee... what was that where the police murdered the guy 'cause some stock boy called 911 after seeing his (legally concealed) gun printing? A Best Buy or something like that, wasn't it?

Jesus was defending himself against 2 criminals (people with prior criminal histories committing another crime by attacking him), one of whom died.
AFAIK Jesus wasn't injured, and last I heard he certainly wasn't dead.

I've been thinking about calling him to see if he wants to go to the Very Merry Open Carry meet-n-greet, and if he needs a ride. Has anyone else asked him about that?

Last edited:

protias

You're thinking of some other case. Would you post a link to the news report for the case you're thinking of, please?

Haven't heard of one where the OCer was harmed, let alone killed, other than that tragedy at... oh, gee... what was that where the police murdered the guy 'cause some stock boy called 911 after seeing his (legally concealed) gun printing? A Best Buy or something like that, wasn't it?

Jesus was defending himself against 2 criminals (people with prior criminal histories committing another crime by attacking him), one of whom died.
AFAIK Jesus wasn't injured, and last I heard he certainly wasn't dead.

I've been thinking about calling him to see if he wants to go to the Very Merry Open Carry meet-n-greet, and if he needs a ride. Has anyone else asked him about that?
It was a Cosco in Las Vegas.

I've been meaning to call Jesus for a while now, but I keep forgetting. :(

TyGuy

Yeah, that Costco situation was horrible.

When is the next hearing for J. Gonzalez? There was a link to his case in another thread.

Tweety

Banned
I believe BigGuy was quoting Spartacus's last comment in the thread for a legal fund for Jesus. I think he forgot to add the quotation marks. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

M

McX

i would suggest we drop all discussions of this matter, as it has already been hashed around, and copied to be used by the prosecution. the only thing i will say is: Self defense is not a crime.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Yeah, that Costco situation was horrible.

When is the next hearing for J. Gonzalez? There was a link to his case in another thread.

The next hearing is pre-trial in February and the trial itself is in February as well.

I sure as heck hope I have a job by then but if I don't I will be attending the trial.

bigdaddy1

i would suggest we drop all discussions of this matter, as it has already been hashed around, and copied to be used by the prosecution. the only thing i will say is: Self defense is not a crime.

I doubt if asking about the well being of a person would be usable by the prosecution. The thread does seem to be pulled toward a discussion of the case however, so it may be prudent.

I also believe that defending oneself is not a crime.

MKEgal

Just talked with Jesus

He told me to tell anyone who asks about him that he's
"very very bored and playing lots of video games"
and I think he seemed pleased to know that people were thinking of him. Those who have his contact info, how about contacting him once in a while, maybe take him to lunch or something?

Depending on what the court says, he might be able to come to some events in the near future.
Actually, I'm not sure whether I'm hoping he can or hoping he can't... if the court gives permission he's planning to visit some relatives, and I'm sure that would be nice for him.

Last edited:

protias

Just got off the phone with him. He's doing well, fed well, and keeping busy at home. He said he hopes go home for the holidays but waiting to hear what the court decides. If he cannot, he wants to come to the Christmas party.