• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do all malls have a "No Weapons" policy?

Bernymac

Cascade Mall in Burlington, Kitsap Mall in Silverdale, and Redmond Town Center in Redmond are all owned by Macerich Corp and are unarmed victim zones. Cascade Mall Security Officer told me concealed is concealed.

This is very sad!:banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:

WalkingWolf

I am going to lay odds that the shooter is an Islamic terrorist, or sympathizer, many of these are from Arab countries. He could be a Islamic terrorist from one of the Pacific Islands that is having problems with AQ. But probably is most likely ISIS.

EMNofSeattle

I am going to lay odds that the shooter is an Islamic terrorist, or sympathizer, many of these are from Arab countries. He could be a Islamic terrorist from one of the Pacific Islands that is having problems with AQ. But probably is most likely ISIS.

it's an odd target and timing for a terrorism attack though. and without a claim of responsibility from a terrorism group, it's hard for me to want to draw that conclusion

WalkingWolf

it's an odd target and timing for a terrorism attack though. and without a claim of responsibility from a terrorism group, it's hard for me to want to draw that conclusion

An odd target? You are kidding right? Malls have been called out specifically as targets by Islamic radicals.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Malls, schools, anywhere that is a GFZ, meets the general criteria (fish in the barrel) for those that want to maximize the damage with little initial defense response.

boundlessdyad

A mall in a semi rural community with no substantial moslem/arab population to speak of and 60 miles from the media market at 9 in the evening?
Terrorism is about making you feel unsafe wherever you are. Terrorists consider it victory when they strike fear in the hearts of the infidels (us). So in short yes the target makes a lot of sense as in "you can't avoid us anywhere". Obviously your everyday nut job may be behind this but it absolutely makes sense as a terrorist target.

solus

WOW...someone opens a 6 year olde thread, and in a few posts the shooter has been ethnically called an Arab, Persian - aka Iranian, Pacific Islander ISIS, Christian Lebanese...

EMN...has it right...nobody has claimed responsibility, it is an odd target - macys purfume/makeup area?? and to be candid...not sure the nice LEs have provided full disclosure.

additionally, mall capstone stores (macy, sears, pennys, ad nauseam) normally are not posted stating mall policies nor restrict firearms.

ipse

solus

interesting to note...usa today, Al Jazeera, nor abc news feeds have any commentary regarding Arcan Cetin's nationally...

hummm

ipse

Last edited:

boundlessdyad

WOW...someone opens a 6 year olde thread, and in a few posts the shooter has been ethnically called an Arab, Persian - aka Iranian, Pacific Islander ISIS, Christian Lebanese...

EMN...has it right...nobody has claimed responsibility, it is an odd target - macys purfume/makeup area?? and to be candid...not sure the nice LEs have provided full disclosure.

additionally, mall capstone stores (macy, sears, pennys, ad nauseam) normally are not posted stating mall policies nor restrict firearms.

ipse

People posted possible identifications that made sense (at least some did) based on countless examples of similar situations. What was unlikely was the description of the shooter as Hispanic. Of course the media and law enforcement had not provided full disclosure at the time of your post but they sure invested in a false narrative.

Odd target? Not! The fundamental Islamic ideology is extremely oppressive of women. The makeup and lingerie sections of the store make perfect sense if you think about it. Additionally it is a terrorist fantasy to make ALL of America feel the fear of attacks. Why would they have a goal that only those in the big city or near valuable government installations feel fear? They wouldn't. They want all infidels to live in fear, that is what terrorism is about.

boundlessdyad

The false narrative is completely expected. I doubt any witnesses identified this shooter as Hispanic.

What is troubling to me is that many 2A supporters are stating on various forums that this target doesn't make sense. It's too rural, it's a women's cosmetics section, etc.

Nonsense. It makes perfect sense. Infidels should feel fear everywhere from the big city to the small town. That is what terrorism is about, forcing us to live in constant fear. If it were just big cities or important targets we would be able to avoid terror by avoiding those areas. They don't want us to have that comfort zone anywhere.

Additionally fundamental Islam is oppressive of women. The cosmetics and lingerie sections of a store make perfect sense as a target in that ideology.

d56e5813adc7d92bffa3cca79f2309f5.jpg
#NOT HISPANIC

3dd2a305bfec0b2fa4d779fe4588be30.jpg
#NO MAKE UP AND LINGERIE FOR HER

solus

Your culture bias is showing coupled w/your bias toward the poster..
Islamic women wear makeup and appropriate sexy undergarments under the outside garments.

Ipse

Last edited:

boundlessdyad

Your culture bias is showing coupled w/your bias toward the poster..
Islamic women wear makeup and appropriate sexy undergarments under the outside garments.

Ipse
And you know what undergarments they wear how? Your knowledge of the undergarment habits of Muslim women is highly suspect.

Your ignorance of reality is showing. I accept the reality that the VAST MAJORITY of terrorism is based on fundamental Islam. You can ignore that fact at your own peril. It is not a bias but rather a fact.

Oh and my bias toward what poster is showing? I didn't quote anyone in my post that you quoted. Do you just spew nonsense for the sake of spewing?

Last edited: