• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do all malls have a "No Weapons" policy?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
And you know what undergarments they wear how? Your knowledge of the undergarment habits of Muslim women is highly suspect.

Your ignorance of reality is showing. I accept the reality that the VAST MAJORITY of terrorism is based on fundamental Islam. You can ignore that fact at your own peril. It is not a bias but rather a fact.

--snipped--

Undergarments not generally seen are most often considered salacious. To that regard, Muslim women would get no free pass.

I would submit that terrorism today is most frequently generated by extremists like ISIS.
Terrorism: the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/terrorism

Can we not avoid the personal sniping, if you please.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

I thought we were doing an excellent job of NOT avoiding it.
True.

Maybe we can get back on track discussing the point of this thread = Do all malls have a "No Weapons" policy.

Of course, they do not. Time could be spent productively listing those that do not restrict the RKBA.

Waterside in Norfolk Virginia is one such. The fact that it is owned by the city is a major plus as preemption holds them at bay.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterside_(Norfolk,_Virginia)

Last edited:

mnrobitaille

Code of Conduct for Simon Properties

Here's a list of all Simon properties within Washington State:
KENNEWICK: COLUMBIA CENTER
NORTH BEND: NORTH BEND PREMIUM OUTLETS®
SEATTLE: NORTHGATE MALL
TACOMA: TACOMA MALL
TULALIP: SEATTLE PREMIUM OUTLETS®

Below is their Code of Conduct

CODE OF CONDUCT

Last Updated: May 22, 2014

Thank you for choosing a Simon shopper center as your destination for shopping, great food, and entertainment. It is our desire to provide you with an enjoyable and delightful shopping experience. We ask all of our guests to conduct themselves in a respectful way in accordance with the code of conduct and all laws and local ordinances.

1. Wear appropriate clothing.
2. Disruptive behavior is prohibited.
3. No weapons.
4. Possession of open alcoholic beverages except in designated areas is prohibited.
5. No solicitation.
6. No pets (except service animals).
7. Smoking except in designated areas is prohibited.
8. No loitering.

Concerning the Wear Appropriate Clothing rule, I have seen on several occasions where a patron is wearing a shirt that says "F@ck the police" or something similar, yet nothing was done by Mall Security to ask the person to change or cover up.

It's an argument I keep stating in various forums that you have 2 patrons: 1 wearing a shirt that says "F@ck the police" & another that is a law abiding, responsibly armed citizen OCing a holstered firearm. Which of the two are going to be asked to leave? The OCer will be the one asked to leave although they are not causing any disturbance. It seems the mere presence of a firearm (even though it's holstered) is considered more threatening & disturbing than the person wearing the shirt that undermines law enforcement.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Here's a list of all Simon properties within Washington State:
KENNEWICK: COLUMBIA CENTER
NORTH BEND: NORTH BEND PREMIUM OUTLETS®
SEATTLE: NORTHGATE MALL
TACOMA: TACOMA MALL
TULALIP: SEATTLE PREMIUM OUTLETS®

Below is their Code of Conduct

Concerning the Wear Appropriate Clothing rule, I have seen on several occasions where a patron is wearing a shirt that says "F@ck the police" or something similar, yet nothing was done by Mall Security to ask the person to change or cover up.

It's an argument I keep stating in various forums that you have 2 patrons: 1 wearing a shirt that says "F@ck the police" & another that is a law abiding, responsibly armed citizen OCing a holstered firearm. Which of the two are going to be asked to leave? The OCer will be the one asked to leave although they are not causing any disturbance. It seems the mere presence of a firearm (even though it's holstered) is considered more threatening & disturbing than the person wearing the shirt that undermines law enforcement.

What do you mean by being "responsibly armed citizen" ? I think you may have fallen into the lizzurd's trap of equating gun to being defaulted down to being irresponsible. I am not a "responsible" gun owner...'cause I don't know or care to know what some lizzurd wants to define this as.

You may wish to discontinue using this and similar phrases....