• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Western WA 2nd Saturday Meet

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
We've been doing this meet for just over a year now and I want to thank everyone who has been coming on a regular basis. It's nice to know that we can count on a regular time and place to get together with like minded people. Thanks to golddigger14s for bumping this up for this month.

Last month we had just over 20 people for breakfast and 30 at Starbucks. Friday we ran into a guy who remembers us from last months at Starbucks. He said he'll try to make the meet this month.

Hope to see all of you there!

Place: IHOP - 178 SW Campus Dr, Federal Way
Day: Saturday
Date: 3/12
Time: 9:00 am

Followed by:

Starbucks - 1401 S 348th St, Federal Way @ app. 10 am.

See you there!

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
anyone ever think that the service was so bad, is that they didn't want us there..??

Thought the same thing, but.....

Anyone ever think that the service was so bad because it's a Denny's?

:p

Each Denny's we have been to, I do not feel I get the service or the food for what money comes out of my pocket. I would really like to start finding local eateries vs. chains to eat at...there is a local dinner about 15 minutes from there @ Browns Point.

amlevin

My issue with Denney's is that the food all tastes the same and you can taste it for days after eating there. Don't know where they get the "grease" but it has a real "after taste".

I prefer the "local Mom n Pop type restaurants". Food tastes better and the owner is usually there on site.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Yall are welcome to come down to Country Cafe in Bothell.

http://www.countrycafebothell.com/

An excellent small business, and I enjoy the food.

No idea their firearms policy, as its never come up.

A Mom & Pop sounds like a great idea, but I'd prefer to keep it a little further south because most of the people attending come from south of Seatac.

Last edited:

FMCDH

A Mom & Pop sounds like a great idea, but I'd prefer to keep it a little further south because most of the people attending come from south of Seatac.

(sigh) Dont I know it... ;-)

Guess I need to initiate more meets on the north end. These south meets cost me mucho money in gas and normally take about an hour of travel one way.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
(sigh) Dont I know it... ;-)

Guess I need to initiate more meets on the north end. These south meets cost me mucho money in gas and normally take about an hour of travel one way.

I sympathize with you. Those are the same reasons I started doing the 2nd Saturday meet. Now I can schedule it at a time and place that are at least MORE convenient for me than going to Tacoma or Port Orchard.

Last edited:

Ruby

I live in Renton and for the last 2 months I have driven south about an hour to go to the Lakewood meet. C'mon guys, it's only once a month! How else are you going to meet those you converse with on line?:D I will be at the Federal Way meet Saturday. I guess it depends on how much you want to meet people; I enjoy getting together once a month with you guys, having breakfast together and talking about OC and related topics. Come on out and support OC and your fellow OCers. Last time this year!:banana:

boosteddreams

I will try to make it to this one and will plan on bringing Geoff (yamichi on here, though I don't think he's posted yet).