• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Robber in Virginia Beach holds four people at gunpoint, victim considers buying gun.

DocDaddy

Robber in Virginia Beach holds four people at gunpoint, gets away with property worth thousands

13NEWS / WVEC.com
Posted on December 7, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Updated today at 9:19 AM

VIRGINIA BEACH -- Four roommates were traumatized on Sunday morning when a robber held them at gunpoint in their own apartment on Post Canyon Rd.

Excerpt ... For Full article see http://www.wvec.com/news/Four-room-111439709.html

EDITED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Please do not post full articles

wylde007

"I have never considered it before this ... i feel like a baseball bat would not have cut it last night."
He should act on these new instincts.
The victims say the back of their apartment is a dark area, and they hope more lighting will be placed there in the future.
Why? So the criminals can see better?

Better lighting won't protect you any more than a cop two blocks over.

Lincoln7

He should act on these new instincts.Why? So the criminals can see better?

I disagree with you on the lighting. Improved lighting allows you to better observe the perimeters of your home and helps deter theft for fear that they will more likely be spotted or identified. Motion sensor lights are great for this.

ocholsteroc

He should act on these new instincts.Why? So the criminals can see better?

Wylde007 that is pretty funny, why so criminals can see better. Thats a shame though epicly before the holidays.

"I have never considered it before this ... i feel like a baseball bat would not have cut it last night."
baseball bats do not cut anything, guns put holes through things.

I hope these people get a gun to protect themselfs and use their rights. I wonder why they did not lock the back door?

A good reason to be armed in your own house.

Who needs a gun in VB?

Last edited:

The Wolfhound

Much less upkeep on an empty barn, and besides, you can reminiss on the missing horse. Who would afterall, want to take a proactive approach to one's own safety?