Thread: Yellow Springs OC-friendly?

Yellow Springs OC-friendly?

I am going to be stopping in Yellow Springs for a couple of days on my way out to the east coast, and I'm travelling alone w/my 2 small children, so I have big reservations about going defenseless. I have a little .38 special that I have OCed before in Wisconsin uneventfully, and I'd like to OC in Ohio as well since I'm also leery about leaving my gun with my belongings where I'm staying (lots of people come through). I'd like to keep my gun on me. Is Yellow Springs an OC-friendly place, or should I expect some hassles? Are there places where I can't OC in addition to school zones? Guns have to be unloaded, encased, and away from you in the car in WI, so I expect to do the same in Ohio. Any advice I should know particular to Ohio? Thanks!

Heh. Yellow Springs is a sort of "hippie town," and I am guessing OC is not a common sight there. So make sure you wear a digital audio recorder in case you get hassled.

..., [H]owever; Open Carry is Legal and Preempted under Ohio Code 9.68.

Yellow Springs is a pretty low crime area. Would be interesting to see how the locals react.