• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yellow Springs OC-friendly?

Shell

I am going to be stopping in Yellow Springs for a couple of days on my way out to the east coast, and I'm travelling alone w/my 2 small children, so I have big reservations about going defenseless. I have a little .38 special that I have OCed before in Wisconsin uneventfully, and I'd like to OC in Ohio as well since I'm also leery about leaving my gun with my belongings where I'm staying (lots of people come through). I'd like to keep my gun on me. Is Yellow Springs an OC-friendly place, or should I expect some hassles? Are there places where I can't OC in addition to school zones? Guns have to be unloaded, encased, and away from you in the car in WI, so I expect to do the same in Ohio. Any advice I should know particular to Ohio? Thanks!

Ohio Patriot

Heh. Yellow Springs is a sort of "hippie town," and I am guessing OC is not a common sight there. So make sure you wear a digital audio recorder in case you get hassled.

aadvark

..., [H]owever; Open Carry is Legal and Preempted under Ohio Code 9.68.