Thread: Shelby Twp Correcting Ordinances

Shelby Twp Correcting Ordinances

Shelby Township will become more gun-friendly if officials amend a longstanding firearms ordinance to comply with state law.

At its regular meeting tonight, the Board of Trustees is scheduled to consider the ordinance, which prohibits the possession of firearms in a township park.

http://macombdaily.com/articles/2010...4905948343.txt

Great news!
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Well done.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Good job.
    Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.

Banned
    yep, waaay too cold for a picnic.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
    Nice work MOC!

so did they vote to amend the bad park rules?
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Quote Originally Posted by NHCGRPR45 View Post
    so did they vote to amend the bad park rules?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyharry (MGO)
    All votes were in favor of change/update. No one in the "crowd" had any comments, and it passed without issue. Actually if you would have nodded off for a few seconds, you could have easily missed it. The entertainment that I spoke of was on other matters of business. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, but having never been to a township meeting before, I found myself laughing a couple of times.
    http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...28#post1086628