• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2010 Darwin Award winners

Onnie

Third Place
After stepping around a marked police patrol car parked at the front door, a man walked into H&J Leather & Firearms intent on robbing the store. The shop was full of customers and a uniformed officer was standing at the counter. Upon seeing the officer, the would-be robber announced a hold-up and fired a few wild shots from a target pistol.

The officer and a clerk promptly returned fire, and several customers also drew their guns and fired.

The robber was pronounced dead at the scene by Paramedics. Crime scene investigators located 47 expended cartridge cases in the shop. The subsequent autopsy revealed 23 gunshot wounds.
Ballistics identified rounds from 7 different weapons. No one else was hurt.

mark-in-texas

My personal favorites:
Guy tries to fire a shot in to the ceiling of the convienence store but his gun doesn't work; he looks down the barrel and pulls the trigger again...worked the 2nd time!

Bank robber waits until payday to try to hold up a bank located on the 1st floor of a 10 story office building. The place is full of customers (and money!) when he gets to the counter, pulls his gun and declares a stick-up. The silence behind him is broken by the sound of nearly everyone drawing a weapon. It's payday alright, for the FBI office on the 2nd floor!

At a building explosive demolition site, some miscreatins break in to the portable office building onsite. They notice a large safe and decide to use some of the demolition charges already placed in the building to blow it open. What was inside??....More explosives!! Based on the number of 'parts' left over, the coroner says this was a 3 for 1 deal!

Dumb criminals are always entertaining!:lol:

TheQ

Of course, this would never happen at places like Total Firearms -- where only the staff is armed. *eye rolls*

1. No one would dare go into a gun free zone. (heavy sarcasm here)
2. The customers wouldn't be armed to fire back if someone somehow did make it to a gun free zone.

Onnie

I only passed it on because i though it was ironic and a bit funny! If it was something that needed citing I would have check first...

my bad, i should have know better

will do better next time