Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Empty Holster

Question Empty Holster

How many of you wear an empty holster in places that you cannot have your firearm on you? Main places would be schools & your workplace where the employer has a no firearms policy to "protect" its employees.

Exclamation I do.

I wear mine all the time, either with my Glock holstered or empty where "right denied".

+1

I do my holster never comes of my belt.

One of the reasons i ask this question is because i have researched and know the law about open carry in Wisconsin, i researched and have settled on a firearm i wish to carry, but i have not come up with the funds to purchase the firearm or who i am going to purchase it from since i am 18 but i still want to promote open carry and let people know that open carry is out there and hopefully that conceal carry will not be too far out in the future.

I wear mine all the time as well. Not to make a statement or anything but Since I am a fat guy I always like to have it there to remind me I have to sit to the side so my gun does not hit the arm of the chair. If I do not ware it all the time I forget and sitting down and catching the holder/gun on it hurts like a bear.

Red face

Me to ,it stays on the belt.
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

LOL @ Key comment.

Mine almost fits my phone perfectly.

+1, never leaves the belt

Not while at work, but everywhere else I do.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thank you for your replies.

I do.
    Had coffee with a couple cops this afternoon; I'm sure they noticed, but never asked about it. One knows I carry, and we've discussed the Brookfield incident.

When I finally get back into school (I'm being optomistic, here), I'll wear the holster & have the gun in its case in my bag. Of course, by then there will be fewer of those pesky anti-gun laws around. (Being optomistic again.) Heck, maybe eventually I'll be allowed to carry (openly or concealed) on campus!
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by lance galloway View Post
    I do my holster never comes of my belt.
    Same here. Except when I am switching pants. Oh, and like Protias, not at work as my street clothes are in my locker, but the holster is still on that belt so that might still count. haha
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 12-08-2010 at 03:05 AM.

I never carry an empty holster. I do not recognize a law that says I must disarm.*

* To each his own, I'm not passing judgement on other's choices.

I hope not to take it off topic, but....

The only place that I will not go empty holster is in a PARADE handing out Gun Rights literature.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTC4 View Post
    I never carry an empty holster. I do not recognize a law that says I must disarm.*

* To each his own, I'm not passing judgement on other's choices.
    IF you are talking about 167.31, I am with you. But I don't have the cajones to open carry in a courthouse or school.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    But I don't have the cajones to open carry in a courthouse or school.
    Me neither. I conceal it in areas where going armed is prohibited. However the only area in Wisconsin I've done this is within a 1000 foot zone... not like that's a big deal.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTC4 View Post
    Me neither. I conceal it in areas where going armed is prohibited. However the only area in Wisconsin I've done this is within a 1000 foot zone... not like that's a big deal.
    Isn't this a direct violation of Forum Rule # 15? We are not to advocate breaking the law, we are to follow the law and do our best to work with our legislators to change the laws we do not agree with.

Banned
    Yes it is a rule violation. Although for some those do not apply as I have seen in the last few days. All you can do is report it. Doesn't mean anything will happen.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    Isn't this a direct violation of Forum Rule # 15? We are not to advocate breaking the law, we are to follow the law and do our best to work with our legislators to change the laws we do not agree with.
    Yes it is, and it's like the 3rd time I've seen it in the last few days. Come on guys. I don't give a crap what you do on your own time as that's your own business but don't post about breaking a law (no matter how distasteful) on the forum. That rule was made for good reason.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    Yes it is, and it's like the 3rd time I've seen it in the last few days. Come on guys. I don't give a crap what you do on your own time as that's your own business but don't post about breaking a law (no matter how distasteful) on the forum. That rule was made for good reason.
    Remember ... Anything you say can and WILL be used against you in a court of law!

I don't wear an empty holster now. Maybe I should. And if someone asks ... hand them a few WCI handouts!

Banned
    correct

site records internet protocol addys

circumvents anonymous lusernames

learn from wikileaks dont b stoopid

Carrus, Tweety and Brass Magnet,

Mr. John Pierce has already publicly stated that wehn I post the I break a firearm law is NOT a rule violation. It is when I advotcate doing so, like encouraging others to do so it is when it becomes a rule violattion.

I do not obey all of Wisconsin firearm laws and I do so at my own risk. Actually, alot of us do so, but that is our choice and we do not advocate on this forum that others do so aswell.

EDIT: If you feel that I have violated forum rules, please report it.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 12-08-2010 at 12:04 PM.

Meanwhile, back to your question, if I am prohibited, I keep my holster on.
    If you think about it, ALOT of people don't even know what it is. Just nothing more than something to carry a phone, tape measure, Acc., what ever!
    Just my opinion, Officer!!!

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    Carrus, Tweety and Brass Magnet,

Mr. John Pierce has already publicly stated that wehn I post the I break a firearm law is NOT a rule violation. It is when I advotcate doing so, like encouraging others to do so it is when it becomes a rule violattion.

I do not obey all of Wisconsin firearm laws and I do so at my own risk. Actually, alot of us do so, but that is our choice and we do not advocate on this forum that others do so aswell.

EDIT: If you feel that I have violated forum rules, please report it.
    If that's how he feels then fine. IMO it's pretty borderline but I haven't reported a post on this forum yet and I'm not going to start now.

Even if it's not advocating that others break the law, it still doesn't look good from the outside in and probably reflects poorly on us to the uninitiated.
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 12-08-2010 at 12:13 PM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast