• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Empty Holster

HolyOrangeJuice

How many of you wear an empty holster in places that you cannot have your firearm on you? Main places would be schools & your workplace where the employer has a no firearms policy to "protect" its employees.

HolyOrangeJuice

One of the reasons i ask this question is because i have researched and know the law about open carry in Wisconsin, i researched and have settled on a firearm i wish to carry, but i have not come up with the funds to purchase the firearm or who i am going to purchase it from since i am 18 but i still want to promote open carry and let people know that open carry is out there and hopefully that conceal carry will not be too far out in the future.

Kloutier

I wear mine all the time as well. Not to make a statement or anything but Since I am a fat guy I always like to have it there to remind me I have to sit to the side so my gun does not hit the arm of the chair. If I do not ware it all the time I forget and sitting down and catching the holder/gun on it hurts like a bear.

blaze

You are a well prepared young man, good for you.

I generally keep my holster on my belt most of the time. At places I cannot carry it makes a dang nice gob of keys holder.

MKEgal

I do.
Had coffee with a couple cops this afternoon; I'm sure they noticed, but never asked about it. One knows I carry, and we've discussed the Brookfield incident.

When I finally get back into school (I'm being optomistic, here), I'll wear the holster & have the gun in its case in my bag. Of course, by then there will be fewer of those pesky anti-gun laws around. (Being optomistic again.) Heck, maybe eventually I'll be allowed to carry (openly or concealed) on campus!

1FASTC4

I never carry an empty holster. I do not recognize a law that says I must disarm.*

* To each his own, I'm not passing judgement on other's choices.

BROKENSPROKET

I never carry an empty holster. I do not recognize a law that says I must disarm.*

* To each his own, I'm not passing judgement on other's choices.

IF you are talking about 167.31, I am with you. But I don't have the cajones to open carry in a courthouse or school.

1FASTC4

But I don't have the cajones to open carry in a courthouse or school.

Me neither. I conceal it in areas where going armed is prohibited. However the only area in Wisconsin I've done this is within a 1000 foot zone... not like that's a big deal.

Crassus

Banned
Me neither. I conceal it in areas where going armed is prohibited. However the only area in Wisconsin I've done this is within a 1000 foot zone... not like that's a big deal.

Isn't this a direct violation of Forum Rule # 15? We are not to advocate breaking the law, we are to follow the law and do our best to work with our legislators to change the laws we do not agree with.

Tweety

Banned
Yes it is a rule violation. Although for some those do not apply as I have seen in the last few days. All you can do is report it. Doesn't mean anything will happen.