• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Honor Roll Teen Girl in Big Trouble for Nothing

NHCGRPR45

who freaking cares....

I do not understand why everyone gets upset when some kid breaks the rules...
If i did that at my high school I would have been in trouble as well and expelled.
the fact of the matter is I was responsible and always removed my guns from my truck. This child should not get special treatment because she is to dumb to figure that one out.
Do i believe that she was a threat?
No.
Do I believe that accidents happen?
Yes
Did she break a rule
YES.

Here is every modern high school:
The rules are stupid.
But they are there.
you break the rules, you get punished, end of story.
Who cares if you are a cheerleader or a slut you still broke the ******* rules.

This girls future will be a reminder to her to think next time.

how would you feel if this was your child, not so cut throat i bet...

Quite the proponent of freedom I see.

well no, but the facts are she did break the rules, now do i believe she needs to be hammered to the wall, expelled from school and made "example of" no, absolutely not. they have the option to recognise this as an isolated incident, see the prior excellent behaviour and character of this girl. realize that she wasn't about to go on a crime spree and in revealing herself, was in fact doing the RIGHT thing. yes the right thing, she admitted her possession of a rifle on school property, on a belief that admitting to her mistake would be better than being caught. rightly so, however her persecution after the fact is wrong.

yes she broke the rule, no she shouldn't be hung out to dry because of it.

if she is exspelled, which is likely it probably won't be the end of her future, but it won't help either. treating her like a common street thug won't help either, she isn't. there is no easy answer, but what she is facing isn't it. and being so critical of a high school kid is sad in its own right. she was doing a legal activity and simply forgot her rifle in her car.

should she have have just kept her mouth shut and not said anything, maybe then we wouldn't be having this talk would we.

but the fact is yes she did the right thing. unfortunately doing the right thing isn't always the easiest thing to live with.

i applaud her decision, and hope if something similar were to happen to my daughter she wouldn't do the easy thing, but the right thing.

stainless1911

Banned
She is learning a lot about how the world works, the school, as opposed to what they teach, the government, as opposed to the rights (and kids) that they are supposed to protect, the media, as they are, lawyers, prosecutors, courts, and likely she will learn who her freinds really are. Things like this could turn this girl into a very very powerful gun rights activist as well.

stainless1911

Banned
The educational system has been educating for decades, some of the educated are now making the rules, what do you suppose the next generation of educated educators will do with their education?

It is no accident that kids are getting into trouble for things like this, or making toy gun fingers with their hands. (yes folks, that has happened)

ObamaGunHand.jpg

Gunslinger

who freaking cares....

I do not understand why everyone gets upset when some kid breaks the rules...
If i did that at my high school I would have been in trouble as well and expelled.
the fact of the matter is I was responsible and always removed my guns from my truck. This child should not get special treatment because she is to dumb to figure that one out.
Do i believe that she was a threat?
No.
Do I believe that accidents happen?
Yes
Did she break a rule
YES.

Here is every modern high school:
The rules are stupid.
But they are there.
you break the rules, you get punished, end of story.
Who cares if you are a cheerleader or a slut you still broke the ******* rules.

This girls future will be a reminder to her to think next time.

Good point. The guards at Treblinka thought the same way.

PT111

Let me see if I can get all of this straight. Honor roll cheerleader parks her car in the school parking lot. After she get in the school she learns that the drug dog will be at the school that day sniffing the lockers and cars at the school. She remembers her stash of grass and coke in her car and knows the dog will pick up on it. She comes up with a plan to avoid being busted for drugs. She tells the principal about the gun in the trunk of her car, he runs out gets her to open the trunk and pulls the rifle out. Everyone is so excited about finding the gun that they forget about trying to find drugs so her stash is safe but now she has a problem with the gun. But that is better than letting them find both the guns and the drugs. :confused::banana::monkey

Just a thought and no evidence of this being real. :D

Master Control

Here we go again!

we can thank the naacp and minority rights groups for these policies. they always claimed the minority students were punished harsher for committing the same offense so now we have predetermined punishments that apply to everyone equally with no regard to intent. it's disgusting

Don't include me in "we can thank the naacp and minority rights groups for these policies." < but I'm quite sure that you didnt.
Perhaps the "Thanks" should go to the person that educated her on how to secure her weapon.

"claimed" ??? / ",,,apply to everyone equally,,," interesting concept.

and since we're off topic, what's disgusting is how the blame got shifted to entire different group of Human Beings by your intellectual, critical and analytical reasoning of this Honor roll cheerleaders circumstances.

Whats a shame is this is not how this thread started or it's intent.

Carry On

Last edited:

eb31

It sucks, but i bet she will be expelled. Zero tolerance = Zero Common sense.

She is far more guilty than the others who have been expelled/suspended. ie: the kid with the plastic green army men who were "armed with toy guns" or the eagle scout who had a swiss army knife in his survival kit in the trunk of his car.

Did she violate state law as well? She may end up with a record.

This is wrong, but i don't see how to change it. Part of being a responsible gun owner is to make certain to follow the rules/laws concerning where you may and may not possess a firearm.

Well said. I agree 100%.

MKEgal

This is in the comments section of the article(http://www.dailyinterlake.com/news/local_montana/article_ba86d8ca-040d-11e0-9e13-001cc4c002e0.html).
If true, what a sensible law! Wow. Can we make this national?

M.C.A. 45-8-360. Establishment of individual licensure. In consideration that the right to keep and bear arms is protected and reserved to the people in Article II, section 12, of the Montana constitution, a person who has not been convicted of a violent, felony crime and who is lawfully able to own or to possess a firearm under the Montana constitution is considered to be individually licensed and verified by the state of Montana within the meaning of the provisions regarding individual licensure and verification in the federal Gun-Free School Zones Act.

jbird

Copied from Cast Boolits forum

If she cant park off site, this should be some form of entrapment!..........

At the upcoming hearing, education officials will tell school board members that they have no choice - that state law and good gamesmanship require the school board to levy harsh and record-destroying punishment against Demarie. They will be wrong!

The controlling Montana law about this is 20-5-202, M.C.A. <>http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/mca/20/5/20… , which says about expulsion for bringing guns "to school," "... the trustees may authorize the school administration to modify the requirement for expulsion of a student on a case-by-case basis." Further, "to school" is not defined in 20-5-2-202, but is at 45-8-361, M.C.A. <>http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/mca/45/8/45… as "... in a school building." Demarie's hunting rifle was cased and locked in the trunk of her car in the parking lot, but not "in a school building."

Thanks loads for your help with this.
Gary Marbut, president
Montana Shooting Sports Association
http://www.mtssa.org

If I am reading this part right, she didn't break any law. Maybe a local school rule, but explusion is not the only option available to the board. If "to school" is defined as bringing the weapon inside the actual building, she did not bring it to school. May at least have an out in court if the boneheads on the board don't choose to exercise some good judgement.

Master Control

This should be a non issue.

Gee, I wonder what would have happened if by some impossible odds, there was a school shooting that day, and she was able to stop some killing with this weapon?

what would have happened is what most times happen, we would have not heard about her part in the shooting from network media news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6nBK7Yx2Ig

excuse the re-post of the above video.

Carry On